Author's note... and then some... (part 3)

Gifts
guys.. sorry if I can't update this fic for now...
i have two part-time jobs right now... both are teaching..
one is I'm tutoring someone.. a grade 3 about Math.. every Mon-Wed-Fri for about 2 hours a day.. and then every Saturday its MTAP, i'm teaching MATH to an entire grade 5 class..

that's why im really busy..

but don't worry.. i'm half-way through the next chapter... a very looooong chapter... that will entitled with.. "Pains & Lies" hope you can wait for that... hopefully this week i can post it ^_^

and oh by the way.. remember i said it here that someone wrote a one-shot about this fic? i know her by the name of Ally.. she's really amazing i tell you.. she's really a good writer.. i envy her.. well she's making another one right now.. and i ask her if i can put her first one here and she said yes...
so here's the first one she made... the one where Naomi appears.. this one-shot runs along the "Stolen Moments" era..

hope you enjoy this...

********************************************************************

“Just do it. “

“You know this will hurt her.”

“It’s better this way. I can’t... involve her in what we do.”

____________________________________________________________________

The club was relatively packed, as usual on a Saturday night. The loud music and the blood red lighting made the entire room seem oddly alive. I tossed the shaker in my hands up into the air one final time before I emptied its contents into the martini glass on the counter and smiled politely at the Moonchild who picked it up.

'They' were here tonight: Yamapi and the rest of them... Ryo. They were going all out on the dancefloor, surrounded by their usual (mostly underage) fan girls. A small part of me ached to join them, but I knew I couldn’t – no, wouldn’t. No matter how much I wanted to out-dance them and wring their bimbotic, plastic throats.

“Good evening, everyone! Are you ready for the main event of the night?” A cheer ran through the crowd at the sound of Jin’s voice. “I’d like to call on – Tegoshi Yuya!”
The crowd exploded into enthusiastic applause as Tegoshi took the stage. He began to sing a slow, gentle ballad. Couples paired up on the floor and I stared, shocked as Yamapi took the hand of a pretty brunette. I couldn’t quite put my finger on it, but there was something strange about that girl. Then, my gaze slid past them to find Ryo chatting to a few of the girls.

“Don’t slack off, sunshine,” my partner, Hokuto called from the other end of the bar. He was tall, gorgeous and gay – basically everything you could as for in a girl’s best friend.

“What’re you talking about?” I started cleaning up my station, thanking the Lord for the dim lighting that effectively hid my blush.

“The fact that you’re ogling at Mr. y-back,” he replied, earning giggles from a few of the patrons along the bar. I glared at him. They couldn’t possibly know who he was talking about. They were all human. The girls (and one of the guys) seated in front of us sighed when he slung an arm around my shoulders and whispered in my ear. “You’re about as obvious as… well, as a pimple on this glorious face of mine.”

Right, did I mention he was stupid too?

“I was not staring at Ryo,” I hissed under my breath. “And don’t call him that.”

“Every princess should be reminded of her crowning moment,” Hokuto winked at me then waltzed back over to his station to serve the next greasy fan girl who showed up. Actually, she looked kind of like Tegoshi’s ex-girlfriend, Ayu.

“Honestly,” I grumbled softly to myself. “Of all the things he had to choose to remind me of-”

“Who?”

I jumped and looked up to see Ryo slide into the seat in front of me. He stared up at me from under his bangs, his eyes genuinely concerned under their usual mild irritation and disinterest.

“Oh, uh, nothing.” I stammered, again, thanking the Powers That Be for dim lighting. I plastered on a smile and changed the subject. “What can I get you?”

He looked into my eyes for a moment longer before he turned to face the crowd. “Just the usual.” I noticed he frowned when Yamapi and his dance partner took a seat at Hokuto’s end of the bar. I reached down to pull up a bottle of Ryo’s favorite beer when I suddenly realized what was wrong about the girl. She was 'human'.

“Is he crazy?” I hissed. Ryo looked up and followed my gaze.

“I hope not,” he said slowly. I grabbed the beer and swiped my hand along the bottle. It immediately frosted over and ice cold steam rose in tendrils from the surface.
Unfortunately, I kind of lost control and the rest of the bar began to freeze over too.

“Hey!” Ryo jumped when the frost reached his elbow.

“Oh crap! Sorry!” I snapped out of it and the trail of frost stopped just short of the first human customer. Ryo rolled his eyes and placed a palm on the countertop and it slowly returned to normal. It wasn’t the first time he had had to reverse the effects of my Gift. I popped open his beer and handed him the bottle.

“Thanks,” he murmured, his attention returned to the couple on the other end of the bar as he sipped his beer.

I only saw him on Saturday nights. I would spend most other nights thinking up intelligent conversations in hope for moments like this, which I unfortunately never capitalized on. It wasn’t as if we were strangers – heck, I worked here. We had met the first night they walked into the place and we had more or less talked. Ryo always seemed space himself out from everyone else, but it seemed as if we could carry on a fairly steady conversation. I liked to think I was different, somehow. Everything was normal until a night six months ago.....

The club that night was closed to humans for the celebration of the Blue Moon. It wasn’t often that a month cropped up with two full moons so all the Moonchildren in the district had taken the excuse of a Blue Moon to come together for a night of drinking, dancing and just general socializing.

Being the stupid idiot I was, I got drunk after one too many martinis. Thankfully, my job as a bartender was being taken care of by a human (who was paid extra for his silence on whatever he would see that night, then a little more for being subjected to Tegoshi’s power) and I was free to spend the night with the boys.

Everyone was out on the dance floor. Massu was dancing with a busty blonde, too (amazingly) engrossed in the conversation to be dancing much. Shige, Koyama and Hokuto had a whole flock of groupies (and a few fan boys) to themselves in the very middle of the room. Tegoshi was in the corner, distanced from the crowd. I had heard that things weren’t going too well with his girlfriend, Ayu. And Ryo was dancing with his own crowd of admirers.

“Everyone seems to be having fun, huh?” Yamapi said into my ear over the roar of the speakers.

“Almost too much fun,” I laughed, pointing at a couple dancing outrageously close to each other. Yamapi followed my gaze and chuckled.

“Mind if I steal her away?” Ryo interrupted. He eyed the girls he had just left warily. “They’re killing me.”

“She’s all yours,” Yamapi bit back a laugh. Ryo took my hand as another fan girl rushed forward to claim Yamapi for the remainder of the song.

“Fan girls giving you trouble?” I asked Ryo as we started dancing in our own rhythm, ignoring the song.

“They’re killing me,” he replied. I couldn’t help but laugh at his distraught expression.

“So, are you enjoying yourself?” Ryo asked.

“I think I’m drunk,” I giggled. The martinis were starting to kick in and my thought processes were starting to turn to mush.

“I think I am too,” he laughed. I noticed his words were slightly slurred.

Suddenly, the tempo of the music changed and the opening bars of Justin Timberlake’s yback began to fill the club.

“Alright, boys and girls,” Jin addressed the crowd. He couldn’t give up his DJ-ing for the night. “This is a special request from Me, Myself and I for our very own Moonchild-bringing-y-back, Mr. Nishikido Ryo!”

Applause filled the room as everyone turned to stare at us. Unexpectedly, Ryo grinned at me.

“Should we give them something to watch?” He whispered in my ear. A current shot through me at the sound of his voice and a strange shiver ran down my spine.

“Yes,” is all I could remember saying, although I wished I could have found something more romantic to say.

He led me to the dance floor and we simple began to dance. I could feel the eyes of the entire room on us but it didn’t seem to matter; not now, when he was so close to me. Every time we touched, a tingle went up my spine. I thought it was because we had never been this close before, which was certainly something, but I also noticed that every time we touched, a strange silver-y mist seemed to diffuse from the contact.

Soon, I lost track of all direction, even the sound of the music seemed to fade. All I could feel was this intense swelling of something – emotion, power or a combination of both – that seemed to radiate from both our beings.

All too soon, the music must have ended and he pulled me close. A short silence filled the room before it erupted in applause. We were completely surrounded in mist, the crowd could sense it was over, but nobody could see past the fog enveloping our figures.

I looked up into his eyes, all at once lost in the dark depths of his onyx orbs and somehow held in place by how strong arms. He leaned down, so close that I could see his eyelashes. He pressed his forehead to mine.

“I love you,” I whispered before our lips brushed soft, but electrifyingly against each other’s. Suddenly, we were kissing with all the strength of the emotion I could feel rushing through my veins, his arms locked around me as I fisted my hands in his shirt (which was strangely damp). I knew it, right then and there, that I was in love with him – that I had been for all these years and I just didn’t see-

“Whoa,” someone said. We jumped apart. Shige stared at us incredulously, being the first person to step through the slowly dissipating fog.

“I- I – I mean, we – no, I-“ I stammered. We were both utterly lost for words. All I could come up with was incomprehensible nonsense and Ryo just looked utterly flabbergasted. Suddenly, Yamapi stepped out of the crowd and grabbed Ryo’s shoulder.

“Tegoshi needs us,” he said to both Shige and Ryo.

“We better go too,” Hokuto stood next to me and held my hand. “You’re a mess,” he whispered into my ear. I suddenly realized both Ryo and I looked as if we’d just stepped out of a rainstorm.

We stared at each other. This moment felt incredibly important but neither of us had any words to fit the emotions. So we left without speaking.

The next time I saw him, he acted as if nothing had happened. It hurt beyond belief because I knew it wasn’t a product of my alcohol-affected brain. And I knew he cared a lot about Yamapi and the gang but I didn’t see how I could possibly be a problem with that. They had even let a 'human' into their inner circle. And it wasn’t as if I was a stranger.

What made it worse as that I was the one who had to deal with all the questions. Pretty much everyone had asked me what had happened – even Shige. I had explained to all of them that I just didn’t know what the mist was, although I suspected it was steam (what else happens when you put Ice and Fire together?) and I had convinced Shige not to tell anyone about the kiss until Ryo had told someone about it first. After about two weeks the buzz around the whole event had cooled down and since nobody was running up to me to ask if Ryo and I were together, I had pretty much figured out that Ryo hadn’t told a soul.

There were times when I wanted to ask him myself if he was just putting up the whole “I don’t remember” charade and if he had felt something, anything at all from that night, why he was hurting me but I never found the words to call him on his bluff and so we had simply never talked about it.

And that’s how it stayed. We never spoke about it, I never had another drink and he had become “Mr. y-back” to Hokuto. I had also noticed that I was in love with him, which made the talking part even more difficult.

“Hey Ryo, Naomi,” Yamapi broke through my reverie as he walked up to Ryo. “Tegoshi’s outside. Ayu was here, I think he needs us.”

Ouch, I winced. Dejá vu.

“Yeah,” Ryo stood up and made straight for the door.

“Sorry, Naomi,” Yamapi smiled apologetically. He reached for his wallet to pay for Ryo’s beer but I waved him down.

“I’ll take care of it,” I smiled at him. “Seriously.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yeah.”

“Thanks,” he smiled then he reached over the bar to give me a quick hug. “He’s a real idiot.” I knew he meant more than just the beer. I always got the feeling that Yamapi knew more about the whole situation than he let on but I had never got the nerve to ask him.

“It’s okay,” I smiled at him, fighting back tears.

Yamapi just smiled sadly at me before heading out the door.

“Oh, Yamapi?” I called before he could get too far. “Look after yourself and everyone too, okay?”

His smile faded slightly as he caught the double-meaning to my words: I knew about the human girl and I was worried about him. He nodded to show he understood then continued on his way out the door.

I sniffed and rubbed angrily at my runny nose. Hokuto came up next to me and gave me a reassuring one-armed hug.
I had decided the moment I left the bar on that night of the Blue Moon that I would wait however long it took to be with him. And I wouldn’t break my promise.

_________________________________________________________________

“Look, I didn’t know what I was thinking and it was a stupid thing to do anyway, getting that close to someone else.”

“But I don’t think this is the way to go about it. I mean-“

“Just do it. Please?“

“You know this will hurt her.”

“It’s better this way. I can’t… involve her in what we do.”

“Ryo…”

“Just do it, Tegoshi.”

“… Fine. But I think you’re making the biggest mistake of your-“

“Tegoshi!”

“... Fine, whatever! Close your eyes...”

*********************************************

A/N: (damn! winglin ruined the formatting) ^_^
Ally wrote that up.. not me.. ok??

p.s. whenever i watch buzzer beat.. i feel slightly depressed.. yamapi and keiko look so good together.. i want my yamaki back... =(
p.s.2 i also made another winglin acc. for one-shots.. here.. /Eliseer
i already made a slightly 'rated' tsukuro fic...

bye ^_^ *runs-to-her-job*