Authors note... and then some..... (Part 2)

Gifts
*Guys, I'm sorry if I can't really update this fic for now...
I'm really busy and my training is really tiring me down..

Earlier i got time to write....... but a major writer's block attacked me... so instead of writing the next chapter... i wrote some parts of the ending (its still a loooong way though.. but i already wrote it because i might forgot it... and i still don't know how to got there ^_^)

and i wrote somethings else.. every break time this idea always bugs me and won't leave me alone.. and so i wrote this...

its just a small something...

more like a filler.... ^_^

________________________________________________

7 year old Maki sank down on a boulder by the stream. Her mother wasn't anywhere. She had searched for hours. Tears starts to flow from her eyes. She secretly followed her mother and the Maidens here inside the forest earlier. She heard they were going to the Lake of Blueshire, the lake that the Moon Goddess always visits once in a month. She really wants to go to that lake. She heard tales that the Lake's clear waters is filled with magic and the Lake itself is surrounded by silver trees.

Only the Moon Priestess and the Maidens are allowed to visit the Lake but she really wanted to see it. Unbeknown to her father, she secretly follows her mother. Her mother and the Maidens walk so fast that Maki can't keep up with them, now she is lost inside this forest. She is too far from home and she doesn't know how to go back. She can't hear the thoughts of her mother, not even one of the Maidens. She is lost, alone and scared. She cried harder, if only her brother were here....

Then she heard the sound of crunching leaves behind her. She tensed, what is it? A wild animal or worse?

"Are you alright?" someone said.
Maki spun around and saw a boy standing a few distance away from her. He looks like a few years older than her. Maki studied the boy with tear stained eyes. He had a leaf on his hair and mud all over his clothes. He looked like a mad boy but that's not the one that scared Maki, she can't hear his thoughts.

She immediately stands up and moves farther away from the boy. He might be a bad spirit taking the form of a child, intending to lure her away then harm her.
"Hey! Don't be scared, I wont hurt you" the boy said.
"Who are you?" Maki said, with so much authority that a seven year old girl could muster.
The boy blinks back at her, surprised by the tone of her voice. "I heard you crying so I thought you might need some help." the boy said
"That's none of your business" Maki said stubbornly. "and for all I know you might be a bad spirit so why would I trust you?"
The boy looks affronted. "What's the reason for you to say that?"
"My papa always tells me about monsters who takes the form of innocent things to lure kids like me away." she said
The boy cross his arms over his chest. "If that's the case then I think you are the monster, you look cuter and more innocent than me anyway."
"Hey!"
"Here I am thinking about helping you but you insulted me. I guess I shouldn't have bothered with you then." the boy said. He turned around and started to leave.
"Hey wait!" Maki said. Feeling guilty for what she did.
Just then something moves in the bushes at their right. Maki stopped, feeling scared that it might turned out to be a wild animal.
The boy moves and stands in front of her, placing himself between her and the moving bushes.

A deer bursts from the bushes and staggers towards them, and then slowly it falls to the ground.
Maki sees deep slashes on its side, blood already flowing from the wounds.
She sidesteps the boy and walks towards the deer. She knelt down beside it.
"Some kind of wild animal must have tried to get him." the boy said as he too knelt down beside the deer and looked at the wounds.
Tears starts to form in Maki's eyes again. She looks at the deer's beautiful soft eyes and feels sorry for it.
"What can we do?" Maki says
"Here" the boy said and he placed his hands at the deer's body.
Slowly and miraculously, she sees the wounds closing before her very own eyes.
After a few moments the deer stands up strong and wounds already healed.
"What did you do?" Maki said, shocked by what she saw.
"I healed him" the boy said as he petted the deer.
So he's not a bad spirit after all, since the deer is close to him and he healed its wounds.
"Can I touch him too?" Maki asks, she wants to touch the deer too.
"Sure" the boy said. Maki petted the deer too.
The deer stayed with them for a few more moments and it ran away.

"Is that you gift? To heal?" Maki asks the boy.
The boy nods.
"So you're not a monster then?" Maki said
The boy looks slightly annoyed. "Do I look like a monster?"
She looks at him carefully. He looks quite handsome for a boy. Soft dark brown hair framed his face and he have beautiful soft brown eyes. His clothes looks expensive despite of the mud, leaves and twigs that clings to it. He must be a noble or something.
"Sorry, why are you like that anyway?" Maki asks, gesturing to the mud at his clothes.
"I was practicing how to fly earlier and then I fell down here." he said "How about you? What happened to you?"
"I'm lost, I can't find my Mama." She said and she started to cry again.
The boy goes to her side and rubs her back, comforting her. "Don't worry I know the way out here"
Maki looks up at him "Really? How did you know? Do you live around here?"
"I was flying earlier right? I saw the edge of this forest." he said. He takes her hand and he leads the way.

They walk past through mud, twigs and gnarled branches.
Maki faithfully follows him, she doesn't know why but she feels comfortable and safe around him.
Soon they reach the edge of the forest and Maki blinks back to the familiar surroundings. They are near her home.
She turns back to the boy and bows. "Thank you so much, this is near our home" she said
"Its alright" he said
"You said you can fly, then why didn't we just fly from there to here?" she asks.
The boy shook his head. "I'm still learning to fly and I can't carry you"
"Can I see your wings?" She asks. She loves looking at other people's wings. They are so beautiful. She already saw a lot of blue wings from her neighborhood. A few black ones, one from her father and the others from the occasional warriors that visited the temple. Once she saw a purple wings when a noble visited her mother. But what she loves the most is her mother's silver wings, especially at night shimmering under the moonlight complementing her mother's beautiful silver hair.
Maki thinks that this boy must be a noble because of his clothes and his manner. If she's lucky this will might be the second time that she's going to see a purple wings.
The boy looks thoughtful for a moment before answering her, "Sure, as long as you would show me your wings too."
"Okay" Maki said
At first something white flash from his back and then it formed.
Maki's eyes went wide in awe. What she's seeing right now are not purple wings but a very beautiful pair of white wings.
"Wow! Its white! I never knew that white wings exist!"
The boy smiles as he looks at his wings too.
"Its beautiful" Maki said, grinning.
"Show me yours" the boy said to her.
"Okay" she said and then she showed him her wings.
She saw shocked, awe and admiration in his eyes.
"Its silver! Silver wings exist too?" the boy asks.
Maki nods, grinning.
"Your wings are prettier than mine. Its cute and it suits you." he said
Then suddenly her wings are gone.
"What happened?" the boys ask sadly.
"I can't keep that up for long. I'm still learning to handle that up, you know" She said
"Oh" he said. He hides his wings too.
"Papa must be angry by now, I need to go" she said
"Wait!" the boy said. He takes her hand and put something in there.
"A token for you to remember me" he said.
Maki looks at her hand. She saw a single white feather lying there. She grins, a beautiful white feather for a remembrance? She's really gonna treasure this.
'she's really cute'
Maki looks up. "Did you say something?" she asks
"I said that that's a token for you to remember me?" he said, slightly confused.
Maki blinks back at him, that's not what she heard.
'she really have the most beautiful eyes ne~'
She heard it again but she didn't saw his mouth moved. Slowly, it dawns upon her. Its his thoughts that she heard.
Out of the blue, she hugs him.
He looks a little bit startled but pleased at the same time when she releases him.
Maki understands it now. His gift is to heal. He is immune to sickness and to any outward force that may be dangerous to him. That's the reason why she can't hear his thoughts earlier but now that he gives some important part of him to her it means that he trusted her and so his gift.
"Thank you for today ne~ I really will treasure this." Maki said, smiling widely.
"Bye!" she kissed his cheeks and she ran toward her home.
The boy watched her back as she went away.

He looks down at the ground and he saw a single silver feather lying there. He picks it up.
He regretted that he forgot to ask her name but at least he got something to remember her by. A cute girl with silver wings.
Tomohisa smiles as he looks at the feather.
Not knowing that a strong bond now connects them.
She had his feather and he had hers.

Not knowing that 11 years from now, Fate will let them meet each other again and finish what they started.

_________________________________________________

This is their first meeting... ^_^
Sorry for the lameness..
i really don't know what else to write.. so I hope you'll like this little something...

and about the ending...
actually there's 4 different endings... all of which there is some character that will die... so be warned... but i might changed it though... its still depends,,, ^_^

just expect a great twist at the end.. ^_^..

that's all...
jyah!!!