Suspicion

Gifts
She went into the canteen alone. When she got there she noticed that it was almost filled with people. She spotted an empty table. She sat there alone and take out her bentou from her bag.
"Hey you're here!" someone said. Its Ayu
"oh, hi"
"Mind if I join you?"
Maki stares at the already full canteen. Ayu bite her lips. 'hope she would let me. I want to be friends with her'

Maki smiled and said "Sure!" Ayu sat across her
"So what year are you?" Ayu ask
"third year"
"Oh you're a year ahead of me. I'm in my 2nd yr. so what section are you?"
"sec. A"
Ayu's eyes go large. " So you're with the same class with them?" and she pointed to the other side of canteen where a group of guys where sitting.
There, Maki spotted the guy who's sitting beside her in the class. Maki's heart start to beat up very fast. She remembered the fear that she felt when she realized that she can't hear his thoughts. She knew that there's something really wrong with that guy.
He's sitting with the other two guys. The first one have a brown hair and looks tall even when sitting. The second one is black-haired with black eyes and is currently looking straight at her.
She look away fast, heart thundering
She turned to Ayu and said "Yeah, one of them is my seatmate"
"which one?"
"the one at the center"
"uwah~ you're so lucky!"
"what? why?"
"That guy" Ayu pointed to the golden boy "is probably the most popular guy here. His name is Yamaa Tomohisa. One of the smartest here, not to mention one of the most handsome and hottest guy around. And he's really nice too. So many girls love him and are dying just to get his affection. You're lucky you're sitting next to him, I bet the other girls are jealous with you now."
Maki just stares
"And by the way those other two? They're your classmate too. Why? you didn't notice them earlier in class?"
Maki just shook her head. She didn't notice those two guys because she keep her head low and not really bothers to know who's her classmate is.
"those other two? the tall one is Koyama Keiichiro and the black-haired one is Nishikido Ryo like Yamaa, they're both top students here." Ayu said.

Maki stared at Ayu. "But you don't like any of them." she said. She knows this, she heard her thinking after all.
"Eh? How did you know? Actually I like them since they're so nice and all but not actually like as in like like. I like someone else" Ayu explained it to her.

Maki knew this too. She knows that Ayu likes one of her classmates. So she smiled and they continue to eat their meal.
Maki stares at the girl in front of her. Ayu's actually nice, she's kind and friendly, not like the other people she met who judges her the first time they sees her.
Maybe she can be my friend, Maki muses. Maybe she can find a new one. She misses this, having friends. Its like being normal again. She smiled.
Maki take a sneak peek at the group of boys at the far end of the room. Yamsahita, she notice, is currently talking to a girl that she is sure is one of the girls at the front of her class. The black-haired boy, Nishikido Ryo, is still staring at her. As if he knew she hid something and was trying to find it. She shudders. This is really weird. She continue to eat her meal.

Normally she wouldn't care about those stuffs about who's the popular at school or not. But there's something about that guy, that Yamaa guy, that really unnerves her. And those other two guys, just like Yamaa, is flawless too. She feels that there's something wrong with them. And she can still feel that Nishikido is still staring at her.

They're already finish eating. " Ne~ lets go.. we should hurry up, we're going to be late" Ayu said
They got up and started to walk towards the door. Incidentally, they have to walk near Yamaa's table.
Yamaa spotted her. He smiled. Maki's heart flipped over. She bows.
When she bows a realization hit her. She straightened up quickly and hurry up. Ayu runs behind her silently. She ignores her questioning thoughts. Because right now her heart is beating rapidly, as if her heart would burst out of her chest. She's like this not because Yamaa smiled at her. Not because Yamaa is so handsome when he smiled. She's like this because right now she is really really scared.
She's used to hear everyone's thoughts, the usual murmur and buzzing, but when she got nearer Yamaa's table and bows she realized that she can't hear anything from them. It feels like her other ear got deaf. She can't hear their thoughts. Not only Yamaa but also the two friends of him.

~~from Yamaa's table~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Weird" Koyama said, staring at the girl who just left.
Koyama turns and sees Ryo " Ryo are you ok? You're behaving strangely.. Is there something wrong?" Koyama ask
"There's something strange with that girl. I know I can feel it. I just don't know what." Ryo said
"What's wrong? She's ok except for the occasional weirdness. I think she's harmless though." koyama said.
"What do you think Pi? she's sitting beside you. Can't you feel something strange about her?" Ryo turns to Yamapi.
Yamapi's silent, thinking.
"Maybe we can ask Massu? since Massu's gifted in this kind of thing right?" Koyama suggest.
Or Tegoshi, Yamapi thinks, Tegoshi knows everything.
"I hope she's not one of them" Yamapi whispered.

-----------------------------
end of chapter 3. hope you guys like this.. ^_^