Disturbance

Gifts
Maki got up early. She couldn't sleep well last night due to crying and many things that's been running on her mind. She went to the canteen, luckily it was empty. She got a coffee from a vending machine and sit on the table near the window. She sips her coffee. She needed to relax, she thinks. She needed to forget the things that happened yesterday or simply ignore it. She wants a normal life or atleast as close as she can get. Just like what her aunt said. And the only way to get that is to ignore her gift.

"Its Maki right?" someone said. Maki was jolted away from her musings. She didn't know that someone's here. It was quiet and it really surprised when somebody spoke.
She look up and was greeted by the warm gaze of Yamaa. All nice and fresh looking in the morning.
"Can I join you?" he ask. Maki nods and he sat across from her.
"by the way, I'm Yamaa Tomohisa, you can call me Yamapi. I thought I wanted to say that since I haven't introduce myself properly yesterday ne"
"Uh.. yeah" Maki said, just to say something, actually she doesn't know what to say to him. so handsome and mesmerizing this early in the morning.
"you're early"
"I woke up early and there's no people here.. so I thought I will just pass time here."
Yamapi smiles. " I was jogging and I just saw you walking over here so I thought you might want some company"
"oh"

Neither of them talk for a while and Maki notes that it's really quiet. She can't really hear any thoughts coming from this man. So silent, you can't hear any sound. Not even a bird chirp. Maki must have feel so scared being alone with him but instead she feels so warm and safe. She doesn't know why.
Out of the stillness, Yamapi spoke
"I'm sorry" he said
"Huh? F-for what?" she stammers
"For what I did to you yesterday. I must have upset you. You keep on ignoring me and it looks like you're scared of me. Even now I feel that you're a little bit wary of me"
Maki looks at him.
He leans on the table, his face close to hers. "Don't be scared. I don't bite" he whispered.
Maki's heart start to beat up fast. His face is too close, she can't think properly.
"Yamapi" someone said
They both turn to the doorway. Ryo's there standing.
Yamapi smiled at her." I have to go ne, Maki-chan. See you later at class" and then they both left.
Maki stayed there heart beating rapidly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maki went to the class later that morning. When she enter the room she saw Yamapi's in front talking to girl.
"Yamaa-kun help me in calculus. I don't understand what is sensei's teaching ne~"
"Sure Yui-chan, later after class. If I can find some time ne~"
"Me too Yamaa-kun" said another girl.
"hai~ hai~" Yamapi said
Maki heard their thoughts, they were lying, they're just flirting with him.
She walk silently passed them. Yamapi saw her and grins. She tried to smile back.
'what the? what the hell is she smiling about?'
'what did she do to him? that !' she heard their thoughts again.

Minutes later their teacher came and Yamapi went back to his seat.
Their teacher stood at the front and started to speak. When Maki heard her teacher's thoughts and knows what's he is going to say, she blanches. She prayed hard against at what's about to happen.
"Class, I want to announce that you're going to have a project in your literature. You have to make a review about the book we're discussing." He said. Her classmates started to groan. She heard their thoughts of complains and annoyance.
"Don't worry, you don't have to do it alone. You can have a partner." he said then turns to her.
"Maki since you're new here why don't you just partner with Yamaa, he's the top student here, he can assist you the most."
Yamapi grinned mischievously at her and from the corner of her eyes she can see that Nishikido and Koyama were watching them.
So much for wishing a normal life. Life must have hate her for putting her in an ordeal like this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They are in the canteen. Maki's eating lunch with Ayu.
"why the long face?" Ayu ask looking at her.
"we have a new project already"
Ayu just grins "You should get used to it. Teachers here are well known for giving so many projects."
Maki groans

"Ne~ Can I join?"
It was Yamapi holding his tray.
"uh sure?" Ayu said. A little bit surprised
Maki is confused too. Why is he sitting with them.From around her she heard the angry and jealous thoughts that's coming from her classmates, most of them are girls.

Maki saw him look at Ayu. She's a little bit surprised by the way he looks at her. Its pitying but kind. She wonders why. Ayu didn't notice.
"Hi!" he said to Ayu. "Its Ayu right?"
"eh? you know me?"
"yup! Tegoshi talks about you, you know"
Ayu is let there gaping. "he talks about me?' she heard Ayu thinking.
From the corner of the room, Maki sees Tegoshi watching them.
"Ne~ Maki, about our project? we can start doing that tomorrow, what do you think?" Yamapi said
But Maki wasn't paying attention. She's busy looking at Tegoshi. There was something strange about the way he's looking at them. Like he's sad. There is longing in his eyes.
"Maki" Yamapi touch her cheeks to regain her attention.
Maki's jolted away from her trance. There was something in Yamapi's touch that shock her.
"Maki, are you alright?" Yamapi repeats and this time he touch her hand.
And Maki is shock again. His touch is a little bit electrifying and brings warmth to her body. But that's not what she's surprised about. At first touch, she thinks it was just a hallucination, this time she was sure. The moment he touches her all things went silent. As in really really silent. She knew everyone stops talking and is watching them.And she can't hear their thoughts. Its like one moment its full of buzz and noises and the next moment everything goes blank. It feels like she's gotten deaf.
Because of shock, she started to choke. Yamapi quickly went beside her and started to rub her back while she's coughing.
"relax" he said. He's too close.
Slowly she can feel her body relax
She feel so warm and light under his touch. Given on what's happening, she must feel scared since she discovered something. But its the exact opposite of what she is feeling right now. Its like he's doing something on her.
When she's okay and breathing normally, Yamapi went back to his seat.
"Are you ok now?"
Maki nods.
Now that Yamapi's not touching her. Everything goes back to normal. She can now hear everyone's thoughts.
Maki is really confused. Who the hell is he? and why he's affecting her this way?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why are you silent?" Ryo asks. Its after class and they were outside the dorm.
Yamapi's sitting on the grass. "Its Maki"
"Why? you finally guessed what's wrong with her?"
Yamapi nods. "she's cursed"
Ryo went still. "what do you mean she's cursed?"
Yamapi bows his head and grip his hair. "I don't know, I just feel that when I touch her earlier" he said, frustrated
"So that's why i feel so strange about her. But you can heal her right? You can heal her just like the way you healed Tegoshi?" Ryo said
"Tegoshi is a special case, with her... I don't know.. Maybe.. maybe I can if I know who and what is behind that curse" Yamapi said, looking at the distance

----------------------------------
end of chapter 5!!!. yey!! and there goes yamapi's gift..
I hope you'll like this ne~~
and to those whose reading and commenting.. thank you so much!!!!
I haven't write chapter 6 yet *getsbricked* maybe in the future chapters I'll be a little bit clearer ne... hopefully

jyah~~~~