New Beginning 1

Gifts
Maki opens her eyes to find herself in a dimly lit room. She is lying on a soft bed. She notice that there are other 2 beds apart from hers in the room.
She saw the silhouette of two men sitting on the floor, one is leaning his back on the wall.
"Are you okay Pi?" It sounds like Ryo's voice.
"yeah" said the man leaning on the wall. The voice is so weak that it doesn't sound like Yamapi's voice anymore.
"You shouldn't have overdone it" Ryo said. Maki can hear the worry in his voice.
"If I didn't then we could lose him" Yamapi said weakly
"how is he by the way?" Ryo ask him
"He is safe, for now." Yamapi said. "What really bugs me Ryo is how he got like that, what happened to him? did they got him or is it another part of the curse?"
"I don't know too Pi, but I think you should rest first. You lost so much energy, battling those guys and healing Tegoshi." Ryo said as he stands up. "Can you stand up?"
Yamapi just nod and Ryo help him to stand up.
"There's a bed next room, you could sleep there. Tomorrow we will talk all about it okay?" Ryo said as he help Yamapi walk out of the room. Together they left.

Maki stands up slowly, she wonders what happened to them. Yamapi seems so weak, is something bad happen?
Then she looked down at herself, someone changed her clothes.

She looks at her surrounding, the last thing she remembers is talking to that silver-eyed girl. What did she do to her?

She saw Ayu sleeping on the next bed and Tegoshi on the other. Maki sighs in relief, atleast no one of them is seriously hurt.
She went to Ayu's side and touch her forehead, her temperature is now okay.
Then she notice Tegoshi on the next bed, even in the dim light she can see that he looks so pale. She remembers what Ryo and Pi are talking about earlier. What happened to him? He looks okay to her when they were running earlier.

She slowly move towards his bed. She hesitated for a moment before she stretch out her hand to touch his face-
But she quickly withdrew it when she heard footsteps outside the room. She quickly went back to her bed and lie there, listening.
She heard a girl's voice quietly speaking "How is he?"
"He is already sleeping" its Ryo's voice again "The moment his back touch the bed, he fell asleep."
"thank goodness, I'm getting worried over him" the girl said "how about Tegoshi?"
"Yamapi said he is okay for now" Ryo said "by the way thanks for accepting us in your house this evening Masami-chan"
"It was nothing, I'm glad to be a help anytime. I think you should rest too, you've been through so much this evening"
"I can't sleep. There's so many things running on my head" Ryo said
"Like what?"
"Aoi, she's returning again. I think we should leave the school now." Ryo said
"why?"
"you know Aoi, she's a cunning devil. What if she tried to get one of the students again? What if this time she got one of us?"
"what about Pi? I know he wouldn't want to leave Maki." Masami said
Maki's eyes widen when she heard her name. She heard Ryo's loud sigh.
"I know. I'm just getting tired of this, running and hiding away from them. If its only me I want to hunt and kill them all." Ryo said
"We all want that, but we are in a different time now. We don't have a king." Masami said
Maki waits for Ryo's reply but he just remains silent.
"Ryo its really late already, you should sleep now. I'm sorry if my house is not that big but you can sleep beside Pi" Masami said soothingly.
"No we are the ones who should be apologizing for disturbing you tonight"
"I said its nothing, now go and sleep"
Maki heard the footsteps again until it fades. She lie there silently, eyes wide. She lay there on the bed for a long time, thinking about all the things that happened tonight, until she fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maki wakes up to the sound of birds chirping.
She lie there for a long time, thinking where she is then she remembers it.
She stand up and went to the window to open it.
The breeze is cool to her face and she can only see trees outside. She turns around and look around then room. Everything, the walls, the floors and the furniture are made of wood. And there's a plotted plant in the corner of the room.
Tegoshi and Ayu are still sleeping. She moves loser to Tegoshi's bed, he still looks pale.
She heard voices coming from the outside. She tried to fix herself properly before going outside the room.
Maki found herself in a small corridor. There's another door at her left and a stairs which lead downstairs at her right.
She follow the voices downstairs.

She found Koyama, Ryo, Shige and Yamapi sitting in the living room while Massu is silently eating on the other side of the room.

"Moron! To think that it was a shard of glass that wounded you. A glass, not an enemy's weapon. You're really a moron" Ryo said to Shige mockingly
"I was busy dodging their attacks that time, I didn't see that glass coming" Shige said exasperatedly. He is only wearing pants, his upper body is covered in bandages.
Ryo snorts "Sometimes I really wonder if you're really one of us."
"Oi!" Shige said, a little bit annoyed
"Can't you use your ing gift?" Ryo said
"Not everyone is like you, who can master their gifts very fast"
"From what I know, you're the only one here who can't use their gift properly"
"Oi!" Shige said again, really annoyed now.
"Don't mind it Shige, you know that your gift is really special ne~" Koyama said. "And do you know that Ryo-chan is really worried about you last night?" he added as an afterthought
Maki sees Ryo secretly kicks Koyama on the shins. Koyama grimace in pain while Yamapi grins at the antics of his friends.

Just then she saw Massu looking at her. His eyes widened slightly when he saw her.
"You want some breakfast Maki?" Massu offers her some food.

The other boys went silent when they realized that Maki is watching them.
Maki just stand there awkwardly, she doesn't know what to say.
Yamapi stood up and went to her side.
"what do you want to eat?" Yamapi ask her
Maki just remains silent, she's not sure if she want to eat right now.
"or do you want to talk first?" he said
"talk first" Maki said
Yamapi takes her hand and lead her outside
Maki can feel the others are staring at their backs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yamapi brings her in the backyard. She leans on the wall while Yamapi just stare at the trees, his back to her.
"Thank you for saving Massu and Shige last night and also for helping us" Yamapi said
"that was nothing" Maki said
A long moment pass without them speaking anything

"what are you?" Maki finally blurted out the question that is bugging her for a long time.
Yamapi turns to her. "What if I say that we're not humans?"
Maki's eyes went large "Then you're a monster?"
Yamapi laughs. "If we're really a monsters then we could have eaten you a long time ago"
From what Maki can see in his expression it looks like he wanted to do it. But in a different way.
She shudders a little bit and silently scolded herself for thinking such thoughts early in the morning.
Yamapi saw her reaction and interpreted it wrongly. "Don't be afraid we're not going to hurt you. We don't hurt humans." he said
"then, are you some sort of superheroes?"
"superheroes? when we are the ones who need saving?" Yamapi said smiling sadly
"Then why can you do those sort of things? like what you did last night?"
"Let us just say that we're ordinary humans but with some special abilities" he said
Maki tries hard not to snort, even without those abilities they could hardly pass for an ordinary human.. not with those looks.
"what special abilities?" Maki ask him
"like what you saw last night, Ryo can produce fire, Tegoshi can erase memories and me? I can heal."
"then you are the one who heals me when I fell down on the stairs?" Maki said accusingly
"You know it?" Yamapi said smiling
"I surely remember having a wound on my head and I saw a blood on my collar"
"Ah~ I didn't think about that"
"And you guys erase Ayu's memories right? Why do you do that? I thought you're not gonna hurt us?" Maki said
"Tegoshi only did that for Ayu's sake, to keep her away from harm" Yamapi said
"Why?"
Yamapi is silent for a moment before answering "She's really close to us back then and she knew all the things about us. Our enemies sees that as a opportunity, since shes a human and vulnerable to their attacks, they caught her and used her to get us."
"what did they do to her?"
"They torture her to get some information about us." Yamapi stops on talking. Maki can see his adam's apple move up and down before speaking again.
"She didn't say anything though, that's make them angry and they torture her more. That's why Tegoshi erased her memories so that she will forget all those bad things that happened to her and also to stop them for targeting her again."
"Is it true that they have relationship before?" Maki ask
Yamapi raised his eyebrows "You really knew too much huh?"
"I saw how Tegoshi looks at her and then I accidentally saw her picture in his wallet." Maki said
"Oh" he said
"Ayu really loves him, you know" Maki said quietly
"Tegoshi loves her too. Actually we all do. We treated her like she's a member of our family but some things happened so we have to do that. Maki please don't say anything to her, what happened last night, please make it seem like a gang war or something to her. Please Maki." Yamapi said pleadingly.
"I won't if you will not erase her memories again. At least leave some good memories for her to remember"
"but if we get close to her, if we-"
"you can be friends with her without her knowing what you guys really are, right?" Maki said, cutting him
"we could try.." Yamapi said
"who are those guys anyway? why do they keep on coming after you?" Maki ask him
"you said you can hear their thoughts right? what did you heard?"
"something about killing and eating something" Maki said, not wanting to remember the other gruesome thoughts that she heard from them last night.
"just like that, we are their food." Yamapi said.
Maki's eyes went large
"they are definitely the monsters ne~" Yamapi said
"do they hurt humans too?"
"sometimes they do to get us"
"then that means that me and Ayu are in danger being close to you?" Maki said aghast
"I know, that's why we erased Ayu's memories. But you? your case is different" Yamapi said as he moves closer to her.
"what do you mean by different?" Maki ask him
"You said you can hear other people's thoughts right?"
"not everyone though, I can't hear your thoughts, you and your friends" Maki said
"And that's really strange" Yamapi said as he gets closer "How a human like you can have such ability?"
"I don't know either. It only starts after the car accident that happened to us 6 yrs ago."
Yamapi looks at her face long and hard.
"Do you remember meeting someone like the ones that attack us last night?"
"like them?"
Yamapi nods
'No I don't. Its the first time I met someone like them last night." Maki said
"Do you remember seeing a strange sword when you're young?" Yamapi ask her
"what strange sword? the only time I saw a sword was last night with that Yuihiro guy, why?"
Yamapi hesitated for a moment before answering her "Do you know that you're cursed?"
"cursed? what do you mean by cursed?!"
But Yamapi just looks thoughtful
"what are you talking about? and how do you know that I'm cursed?" Maki said, slightly scared now.
"I just felt that when I first touched you and I know how it feels since I can heal."
Maki just stare at him, wide eyed.
"we could both search the reason for that, you know. The reason why you can hear someone else's thoughts and the reason why you are cursed." Yamapi said as he gets closer still.
"how?" Maki said looking at Yamapi's eyes
"You could join us" Yamapi whispered as he touched her face.
Maki doesn't know how to respond to that.
Then she notice that Yamapi's face is getting closer and closer to her own. His lips a single breath away from hers-

Then suddenly someone burst from the trees.
"Look guys what I've found!" Akanishi Jin said as he carries a large basket full of fruits. Kame walking behind him.
Yamapi quickly moves away from her when he heard Jin's voice.
"Ne~ we could eat this for breakfast." Jin said but Kame silently nudge him, motioning his head to Yamapi.
"what?" Jin said looking at Yamapi and Maki cluelessly.
Yamapi cleared his throat and introduce the other two guys to Maki. "By the way Maki, that is Akanishi and Kame"
Maki only nods, she can't still forget the horror that she felt when she saw Akanishi turned into a wolf last night.
Kame nods at her too while Akanishi grins and gives her a thumbs up.
"Pi, I said we could eat this for breakfast. I'll tell Ma-chan about this" Jin said
"Maki why don't you go inside first. I'm sure Koyama will prepare some breakfast for you" Yamapi said
Maki nods and start to walk back inside the house.

When she round the corner she saw Yamapi kick Akanishi on the shins.
______________________________________________________
I sneak up some time to write this ^_^ and its really rushed.. i haven't write part 2 though *cries*
and to all the people who comment and read this story.... thank you so much.. you're the reason why i keep on continuing this story (even though its getting more complicated and harder to write) but thank you, thank you so much.....

to yamapinee- i'm not sure about you being sawajiri's sister.. because sawajiri's character is really really complicated.. and about the gift that you mentioned.. wind is already Yamapi's father's gift.. so yeah.. but maybe i could squeeze you in.. maybe not now.. but in the future chapters.. i can't promise okay? but I'll try... i hope you understand... and yeah.. massu doesn't have a partner.. so yeah.. I'll let you know once I know about it okay?...

please pray for my interview tomorrow *prays*

but if i don't pass i might write the part 2.. *hopefully i could do both*