Law #4 - Do Not Lie.

Once Upon A Time.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 4; Law #4 - Do Not Lie. Narrator POV

 

 

"So, what, is this supposed posse - your team of Merry Men?" Sooyeon asked, evaluating the boys gingerly. They had stopped fawning over her legs after Sunggyu had graciously given her his cloak & she wore it dutifully, not wanting any more stares.

Dongwoo let out a laugh- which sounded more like a cackle to her- and shook his head.

"That's absurd. My posse is called Infinite, actually." he grinned. "You're not quite intelligent, are you, wench?"

Robin Hood or not, if you test my patience I would kill you in your sleep. Sooyeon's jaw turned rigid & she glared defiantly at Dongwoo.

She was about to say out that she was the school's valedictorian but she realised it was futile - who would care about a grading system they weren't familiar with? He would just insult her even more.

She ignored him & continued, "Why are you keeping us anyway? Wouldn't we be an inconvenience to you?"

"Well, last night, we had actually raided the two of you, but we didn't find anything particularly valuable." he tapped his chin in thought, "only odd-looking paper and a strange rectangular object. Not much of worth to us."

"And? Can we go, now that you know we have nothing on us?" She pressed, exasperated. This Robin Hood business can't be our first 'mission', can it? I'm about to go insane just by being in their presence.

"Sorry to burst your bubble, wench, but you can't." he smirked at her infuriated expression, "You've known too much about us. Who knows, you could alert the authorities about our doings and it would be the death of me."

"But you all are kind people, obviously we wouldn't tell anyone," Sooyeon tried, her voice dripping with attempted sweetness. God, this is embarrassing. Jeon Sooyeon is not one to beg.

Before Dongwoo could say anything, Daehyun appeared next to her and wrapped an arm around her waist delicately. She jolted and nearly screamed at him before he interrupted her.

"What she means, dear Robin Hood, is that the two of us are to be married," Daehyun spoke up. "Isn't that right, dear?"

Dear?! Jung Daehyun, you'd better watch your back tonight! She caught on to his intentions and agreed, albeit reluctantly, flashing a plastic smile. "Y-yeah... We have to get back to our hometown."

"But you said he wasn't your -"

"She lied. It was supposed to be a secret, you see we two are in an arranged marriage, and we originally disliked each other," Daehyun explained, his hands lingering on her waist a tad bit too long.

"Mm, what he said." Sooyeon agreed, her eyes only slightly twitching in irritation.

Dongwoo cracked a smile. "Perfect! You two can be wed in our village!"

Sooyeon froze and Daehyun swore he saw a vein pulse from her forehead. Her patience was running thin, and she was near to the brink of explosion. Daehyun could feel her tense up and he slowly removed his arm in case she, oh, accidentally disfigured it.

"Congratulations, by the way," Dongwoo waved it off. "Make many beautiful children!"

"Oh, we'll try," Daehyun smirked at Sooyeon's enraged face. "Won't we, dear?"

"Don't push it, Daehyun," she muttered, her face nearly the same shade of her hair. "You're lucky I can even tolerate this nonsense."

 

 

Daehyun's POV

 

Before we knew it, we'd reached the small village that Dongwoo frequented. I walked with Sooyeon at my side, an annoyed expression etched on her face. I could tell she was tense from her unnaturally upright body posture. Honestly, when was she ever not tense?

I swear this woman has only 3 expressions in all her life - anger, annoyance, and defiance. I wonder if she could even be happy for a day. I can't imagine her being happy all her life.

"Follow me, slave," Dongwoo called & ushered us towards a humble looking house, while t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter