And They Lived Happily Ever After...

Once Upon A Time.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 25; And They Lived Happily Ever After...

 

NARRATOR'S POV

 

Disquieting whispers filled the hallway as a familiar figure entered the premesis.

Sooyeon looked around at the faces who stole glances at her. They looked away promptly enough, their expressions dismissive. She was back at her university, and she didn't recieve a particularly warm welcome, as expected. She didn't usually care about what people thought of her, but now that she actually paid attention, she realised her less-than-likeable reputation she upheld in the institution.

She played it cool regardless. The Sooyeon that stepped in those halls was a changed person. One couldn't detect her slightly dejected expression unless they squinted. The only sign of her nervousness was the little swallow she did as she straightened and walked quietly to her first class.

Needless to say, Sooyeon missed the familiar scent of her campus. She missed being on Earth ever since that particular incident. After Key had sent them home, she found herself in the exact same spot where she'd seen Daehyun with the girls around him. They were a few feet apart. His back was facing her, and it took him a while to get his bearings.

Sooyeon didn't know what overcame her, but she felt a compelling need to disappear before he saw her again. Perhaps it was selfish of her, but she didn't want to confront him - not yet. For how long she wanted to stay away from him, though, she didn't know. She knew she was giving excuses to avoid him. What was wrong with her, really? Just a moment before she knew she liked Daehyun, and the feeling was mutual. She was perfectly content in that moment - but now that they were on Earth, she had faltered.

Jeon Sooyeon was embarrassed. Not to mention confused. For the moment, she gave herself the excuse that she had to set things right before she met him again.

Right, she sighed. Let's set things straight, and then I can see him. Easy enough.

It wasn't particularly easy, nor was it hard either. Sooyeon knew she was rude to the teachers and the general student body. She wanted to apologise, but she didn't know how. It wasn't pride stopping her, it was more like she was waiting for the right moment.

Right then, she felt uncomfortable in her own skin. To be honest, she felt extremely bad and nervous. She had always been confident, and just last night she was excited about going back and making things right.

So why was she so scared now?

"Sooyeon?"

The girl in question was brought out of her thoughts by a familiar, soft voice. She looked up to see the same girl that had offered her assistance that day when her application had been rejected. To say she was surprised was an understatement.

"Yes?" she replied and paid the girl full attention. She was holding a form in her hands, and she held it out for Sooyeon to take.

"Madam Han requested for me to hand you this. Thought you might want to make up for, well, the previous application I guess." She informed quietly, saying the last part so softly Sooyeon could hardly hear her. 

"Thank you," she said earnestly and received the paper from the girl. A hint of surprise crossed the latter's features. Sooyeon caught her hand before she left, causing her to whirl around in curiosity.

"Um, this may be sudden, but can I speak to you for a moment? I promise it'll be quick," she said hurriedly before she lost confidence. The girl nodded, slightly confused. Sooyeon smiled, relieved.

"What's your name?"

She smiled. "I'm Dara."

"Sooyeon," the girl's confidence increased at Dara's nice personality.

"I know," she chuckled, and Sooyeon shyly - if she was even capable of that - ran a hand through her hair.

"Um, I just wanted to apologise for two weeks ago. I know that was uncalled for, and I really appreciate you helping me. If there's anything I can do to make it up to you..." Sooyeon said earnestly, sincerity in her eyes. Dara was pleasantly surprised at this development but she hid it fairly well. It would be a lie if she said she didn't think Sooyeon was mocking her. That was her initial thought, but when she looked into Sooyeon's eyes, all doubts were erased from her mind.

"...It's no problem, really. I appreciate your apology," Dara took a while to respond. She patted Sooyeon's shoulder, grinning. "Well, you could do one thing. Coffee sounds good. Today during lunch break, I'll see you there."

With that, she walked off, leaving Sooyeon slightly in a daze. Dara had a certain effect on people, she realised, shaking her head slightly with a small smile on her face.

It looks like Jeon Sooyeon just made a friend.

 

----

 

Daehyun saw Sooyeon running.

He admit he was slightly disappointed at her leave. But he grew to understand her actions, and he knew she just needed a bit of time. Perhaps he needed a little time too.

Stop lying to yourself, Daehyun, he mused. You want to see her.

"Yo, Daehyun. When do you want to do the duet?" His friend Youngjae approached him, taking the seat next to him. The boy took out his phone, song list at the ready. "I need your opinions on which song you're comfortable with, then we can start on the arrangement. I'm fine with anything."

Daehyun slapped Youngjae on the back as a friendly greeting, almost blurting out, "I haven't seen you in forever." He settled for a "Let me see that" whilst grabbing his friend's phone, scrolling through the list. As he debated his choices, a feminine voice called out to him.

"Hey, Daehyun," Hyosung greeted. Daehyun nodded in acknowledgement, waiting for her to speak.

"Karaoke this Saturday with the usual girls, are you up for it?" she offered, shooting him a smile.

"Sorry, Hyosung. I'm busy with my girlfriend this Saturday, but thanks for the offer," he said immediately, smiling apologetically at

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter