Law #13 - Don't Get Distracted. Be Aware. + READ A/N PLEASE!

Once Upon A Time.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 14; Law #13 - Don't Get Distracted. Be Aware.

 

 

NARRATOR'S POV

 

 

"It's rude to stare," Sooyeon gritted her teeth in annoyance at the actions of her partner-in-crime - that is, he was eyeing the Sadako-lookalike like she was a piece of meat. The latter was awake now, and merely stared, slightly taken aback at the two new figures before her.

It was hard for Daehyun not to stare at her. Her lips were of the prettiest shade of pink, her eyes big and full of wonder - well, he thought it was wonder - and her hair the darkest of black, looking sleek & smooth despite the length of it.

To his fascination, the ethereal being spoke, but instead of that soft, tender voice he hoped for, it came out raspy and a little apprehensive. 

"Are you done staring at me?"

That seemed to jolt him out of his daze and Sooyeon cleared awkwardly, offering a somewhat-friendly smile. It was hard for her to actually smile at a person, but hey, she tried anyway.

"Um, sorry. That guy's a bit loony. I'm Sooyeon," she tried again for a more convincing smile. She ended up looking slightly constipated, though. 

Daehyun rolled his eyes. He'd been doing that a lot these days, Sooyeon noted, his eyeballs are going to roll out of his sockets, and I'm not even going to help him. Her conscience scoffed but she dismissed it.

"I'm Daehyun," the latter introduced himself, offering the goddess-like figure a smile even the Queen would swoon over. At the sight of this Sooyeon groaned inwardly, flaring her nostrils unattractively.

Men.

"...I'm Shinhye," the being said after a moment's hesitation, probably judging them carefully. Her hair was precious, after all - what if they were sent by the Queen? Nevertheless, she acquiesed and thought they could be trusted. They looked clueless anyway.

"Shinhye, huh?" Daehyun mumbled, the name rolling off his lips in a very Daehyun-womanizer-manner. Sooyeon almost rolled her eyes, but stopped herself. What the heck do people see in this man- boy, anyway? The grease is too much, too much I say.

Congratulations Jeon Soospeare, you have made a goddamn 2-lined sonnet. 

Shinhye smiled, but didn't appear charmed as Daehyun - heck, even Sooyeon - expected her to be. Dismissing his failed attempt of lame seduction, Daehyun composed himself and held a hand to Shinhye, who was sitting on the cold forest floor. She took his hand gratefully and dusted herself off in the most elegant way possible.

"You aren't sent from the Queen, I suppose?" she asked tersely, although her face remained passive.

"After she knocked me unconscious with a pea and locked me up in a god-forsaken tower? We're the best of friends," Sooyeon drawled, huffing slightly. Shinhye giggl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter