Law #14 - Curiosity Kills The Cat.

Once Upon A Time.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 15; Law #14 - Curiosity Kills The Cat.

A/N:  I've planned out the whole story and all that's left is to write it lol. I've edited all of them so you have to read all the chapters since it'll be a little different. The plot remains, the only thing that's changed is the interaction between Sooyeon & Daehyun. I prefer the slow-burning romances lol it's a little more realistic. :-) so that everyone reads this, i'll post this note here, and in the next chapter as well as on the foreword. comments are loved! <3

NARRATOR'S POV

The only sounds that could be heard in the forest were those of Sooyeon grunting and Shinhye's sighs of relief. Dusting off his pants of soil, Daehyun straightened and directed his gaze upwards to the tower before them. Sooyeon squinted at the light emanating from the top room where she resided just a few hours ago, her mind surprisingly blank. Technically, they'd just trekked for an hour at most, but she felt exhausted anyway. Her breaths came out fast but she tried to keep it cool - epically failing to do so, of course.

Shinhye's eyes notably lit up when she caught sight of the tower. Grinning, she turned to the other two and said, "We're here."

Sooyeon so desperately wanted to shoot a witty remark but she either had remarkable self-control, or she was merely too exhausted to speak.

"Let's go!" Shinhye announced, pointing her finger at the accursed tower ceremoniously. She was met with silence from the duo who blinked in confusion.

"And how exactly do we do that..?" Sooyeon drawled, folding her arms. She recalled throwing her hair over the hook at her window was the only way to get to the room. The problem, though, was that Rapunzel was right at the bottom of the tower.

Shinhye stepped forward and ran her hand along the bricks, apparently searching for something. Her eyes were closed in concentration, and then opened with a new fire in her eyes.

"Stand back." she warned, and the duo did as told.

Shinhye proceeded to do - perform - a roundhouse kick to the wall. The poor brick was noticeably broken, and it gave way to serve as a handle. Shinhye grasped it and slid it aside, the wall transforming into a sliding door.

Daehyun stared disbelievingly at the scene that just unfolded before him but went in behind Shinhye nonetheless. Observing his silence, Sooyeon smirked and inwardly approved of Shinhye's display of strength. She hurried to walk up to them only to scowl in dismay.

"What a surprise," Sooyeon remarked. "Stairs. Wonderful."

With that, they proceeded climbing the winding staircase to the room that awaited them.

 

 

Much to Sooyeon's displeasure, there was in fact a door to the room that could be opened from the outside, which meant that the Queen didn't have to torture her by tugging on her hair up the tower.

The nerve of that woman... Sooyeon scowled, deep in thought as the door broke down before them.

Daehyun's voice got caught in his throat as he blinked at the four women that stared suspiciously at them from inside the dimly lit room.

He smiled impishly at them while Shinhye hugged them, tearing slightly at their long-awaited reunion. Technically, they've been separated for a day or so, but I digress. Amidst the loud chatter and loving words from the sisters, were the awkward silence between the duo.

They met each other's gazes and shared the same blank look. At that moment,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter