Law #3. Do Not Be Rash.

Once Upon A Time.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 3; Law #3 - Do Not Be Rash.

Narrator's POV

 

"Mother of God..." Daehyun murmured while Sooyeon stiffened noticeably at the sight of Daehyun's shirt being torn, a light cut forming on the surface of his skin. She winced at the blood, a thought occuring to her - this 'punishment' she was set up for could potentially harm them. Slowly, she turned her head in the direction of the attacker and her eyes widened in shock.

"D-Daehyun..." she mumbled incoherently, her fists shaking against his torso.

"Calm down Sooyeon, don't you dare-"

"YAH! What the hell was that for?!" Sooyeon dared raise her voice, facing the man in green leotards with a burning courage. Where the hell she got that bravery from, no one knew. Daehyun blinked, expecting her to burst into tears. He had underestimated her.

Immediately, the man's bow snapped in her direction and Sooyeon flinched. There was no way he could hurt a woman, could he?

And there goes your feminist mindset, gone with the wind... 

Sooyeon cleared and eyed the 7 in front of her, then gazed at the man who was pointing the weapon at her threateningly.

"Go ahead, shoot me." Sooyeon dared, her eyes narrowing, "But can you live with the guilt of harming a woman?" 

From their get-up, she assumed they were in the Middle Ages, where chivalry and women being the weaker gender was common. From her deductions, she decided to go with the flow and keep to her 'role', no matter how much her inner feminist was raging.

Daehyun's unconsciously put a hand on her shoulder, cautioning her. A part of him rolled his eyes at her taking advantage of men's chivalry but he said nothing, knowing that she would say something that would get them both dead.

The man waver and he scoffed. "Conniving woman. We can always go after that boy behind you-"

"What the hell do you want anyway?" Sooyeon snapped, getting impatient. It seemed her facade was fading in a matter of seconds, unsurprisingly.

"Do not mock me, wench." he lowered his bow. Sooyeon's eye twitched.

WENCH?! Mocking? WHEN THE HELL DID I MOCK YOU?!

Sooyeon breathed in, refraining from exploding and showing them just how good females are as males.

"You were in our territory. And, you look rather... wealthy." he eyed Sooyeon & Daehyun's clothes and raised an eyebrow.

Sooyeon looked down at her clothes - She donned a navy blue batwing shirt and denim shorts. Her face flamed, realising that her skin was practically exposed while she was in the presence of many hormonal men. 

.

"I'm sorry. We didn't mean to. If you'd so kindly leave us alone-" Daehyun began, his lips curled upwards but his eyes hard.

"Look at this little fellow, trying to bargain his way out," one of the men scoffed & eyed Sooyeon shamelessly. Daehyun's eyes narrowed in annoyance and he pulled Sooyeon behind him. "I would appreciate if you don't eye her like she's a piece of meat."

Despite his dislike for Sooyeon, he couldn't let them take advantage of her, or women, rather. He was a flirt but he did not physically take advantage of them, nor would he allow anyone else to.

Sooyeon rolled her eyes. I can take care of myself, douche.

She paused, catching on to something. This 'fairytale' we are supposedly in right now should be Robin Hood, right? She glanced at the handsome man with the bow & arrow & her muscles tensed. So this is Robin Hood..?

He caught her eyes and smirked, then faced Daehyun in a teasing manner.

"Shall we spar to end this argument?" he gazed at Sooyeon thoughtfully. "For the fair maiden?"

Sooyeon's jaw was set. Oh, okay, call me a wench and then call me a fair maiden. Damn guys and wayward behaviour.

Daehyun raised his chin slightly, confident. "Since you insist. But we use our fists, not weapons." Daehyun smiled, an air of arrogance about him.

The 6 men behind him snatched Sooyeon away easily and stood by the side, watching earnestly.

"Yah!" she squirmed in one of the men's grasp. He grumbled and loosened his grip, but didn't release her.

Daehyun's eyes narrowed. As much as she annoys me to no end, we're in this together.

The man threw the first blow. A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter