Law #19 - Appreciate Each Other.

Once Upon A Time.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 20; Law #19 - Appreciate Each Other.

NARRATOR'S POV

 

"We apologise for having to break this up, but we would like to have a word with you, milady."

The girl in question snapped out of her daze and looked to the direction of the voice. The young man looked at her, smiling politely. Sooyeon clutched her skirts unconsciously and nodded, scanning the faces of the two unfamiliar men. She noticed that the two wolves were gone, and so was Kai. She didn't have time to think about it, though, as the man that talked to her cleared his throat and put a hand over his chest, nodding once. "My name is Suho. The three others you saw behind me are D.O, Sehun, and Chanyeol. Ah, D.O and Chanyeol are currently changing, you see. I assume you already know of our existence."

Our... He means wolves, probably. Sooyeon curtsied involuntarily, and then replied. "My name is Sooyeon."

Suho smiled again, and Sooyeon noticed it seemed very angelic. She dismissed the thought and listened to him again when he started talking. He gestured to the surroundings and suggested, "Perhaps we could speak in private?"

Before Sooyeon could respond, Daehyun gently laid a hand on her shoulder and spoke up on behalf of the former. "Wherever she goes, I go too."

Sehun raised an eyebrow, Suho sharing his sentiments. From their knowledge, Daehyun knew her only from one occassion, when he was allegedly buying apples. They didn't question it since it was not any of their business, and it wasn't as if their conversation was that top-secret. Sooyeon, on the other hand, felt that foreign feeling bubble up in her again, and she belatedly realised that she was blushing.

All rationality fled her mind.

"Alright, over-protective fellow," Sehun remarked after glancing at Suho for approval. Sehun cast his gaze to the house that Kai resided in, and let out a breath after realising that Kai was preoccupied with D.O and Chanyeol. He was not listening in, at least.

The four of them moved a little further away from the house, and then Suho asked her about how she came to EXO Planet. Sooyeon hesitated, wondering if it was okay to reveal the Princesses' secret - in the end, though, she revealed to them a modified version of how she crossed over, saying that she could vaguely remember only going through a trapdoor and a tunnel that linked the two places. She left out the tower and the Princesses' for their sake.

"A trapdoor... I see. Thank you for the information. You don't have to worry, we are not affiliated with the King. We're just concerned over the Pied Piper Resistance, and we feel we could use your help. If you ever, say, magically return to Mato, please help us find the children. They might be in Mato, for all we know," Suho sighed. "That was why we asked you for your help."

Sooyeon blinked. Pied Piper Resistance? What the hell is that?

"I believe your beau will explain it to you. By the way, she's got magic pouring out of her entire body, she's probably under a spell," Sehun added, hiding his smirk with his trademark pokerface. He could sense the odd sensation from Daehyun the moment they met, and from his observations, the magic spread to Sooyeon, whatever the heck that was.

Daehyun blinked.

And then it hit him.

Oh, hell. The love potion.

He - somewhat hesitantly - glanced at Sooyeon, only to almost stagger back. She was looking straight at him after Sehun gestured to Daehyun. Her eyes were practically bleeding hearts, her lips slightly parted. She looked like she was in a daze, like she totally forgot the entire conversation that just took place.

"Uh... Sooyeon..?" Daehyun muttered, waving a hand in front of her face, frowning when she didn't snap out of it. To his bewilderment - or delight, perhaps - she let out a sigh.

. She's swooning.

Suho let out a snigger, and Daehyun straightened, masking his expression. He was confused. He wanted Sooyeon to snap out of it, but he had to admit this was extremely entertaining. And potential blackmail material. He wasn't that mean though. He still smirked obnoxiously, nonetheless.

"She's under a love spell." 

The three conscious men turned to the voice, or rather just Daehyun. The other two sensed her coming from a mile away. The elderly lady that Sooyeon met looked on at the unlikely pair in amusement. A smirk was etched on Daehyun's face, but it was immediately washed away when Sooyeon started edging closer, tugging on his sleeve. She swayed on the spot, casting her gaze downwards demurely.

This is a dream. It has to be. Daehyun thought, slightly dazed himself at Sooyeon's actions. Sooyeon was really pretty when she wasn't scowling at the man. Daehyun gulped and inwardly smacked himself. That's not the point, Jung Daehyun!

"I can help reverse it if you'd like," the elderly lady offered kindly, and Daehyun agreed, forcing a smile. He honestly didn't know how he should react at that moment.

The three men waited for the lady's next move. Suho thought it would be useful information, you know, in case he ever used a love potion. Which he wouldn't, but I digress. Sehun, on the other hand, was enjoying the entire ordeal, inwardly clapping his hands in glee - mostly at Daehyun's flustere

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter