Law #16 - Patience Is A Virtue.

Once Upon A Time.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  Chapter 17; Law #16 - Patience Is A Virtue.

 

 

Narrator's POV

 

A loud crash startled Daehyun awake.

He could faintly hear the buzz of hushed voices and footsteps as he was slowly brought back to reality, his eyes fluttering open. The glare of the sun made him flinch and he scrunched his nose in displeasure. His head was strangely clear, as if he woke up from a nice, dreamless sleep. For a moment he thought he was back in his bed in Seoul, but the feel of the harsh floor reminded him otherwise.

"...Sooyeon? Key?" he mumbled, and he slowly opened his eyes, focusing his gaze on a pretty girl's face that was staring down at him.

"Sister, you woke him up," the said girl muttered dryly, leaning back to give Daehyun space. The latter blinked again, and then he realised where he was. Rapunzel, her sisters, it all came back to him. He looked around and saw five females standing around, and then he belatedly realised someone was missing.

He bolted upright, startling Sooyoung. "Where's Sooyeon?"

The girls shifted uncomfortably. Daehyun had a bad feeling and he furrowed his brows, trying to recall last night's events. He could not even remember falling asleep. His gaze fell to the floor, where he found Sooyeon's ribbon. Daehyun picked it up and unconsciously played with it, his mind a myriad of thoughts.

He turned around abruptly, only to crash into Shinhye's small frame. She let out a soft gasp and accidentally spilled the contents in her bowl, Daehyun unfortunately suffering the brunt of the damage. Her eyes went wide at what just happened, and she stepped back to survey the damage.

There was a pregnant pause. 

And then Taeyeon spoke up. "Shinhye...Was that-"

She was interrupted by Shinhye's frantic nod, and the five girls straightened up in alarm. She spilled the liquid on him, which could only mean-

"...Ah, Sooyeon..." a wistful sigh interrupted the girls' telepathic conversation, and they all stepped back involuntarily.

"What would I give to hold you in my arms? To embrace you and shelter you and care for your entire existence?" Daehyun's voice perked up, and he looked at Tiffany with a radiant smile. "She's a beautiful bird, flying free, independent, strong...

"Sooyeon!" he cried and Sooyoung jumped in shock, but stood where she was, watching the changed man in front of her. He continued muttering sweet nothings of Sooyeon to the air, and an awkward silence ensued.

"...Well, it could be worse," Taeyeon tried, but instantly regretted saying anything.

Because Jung Daehyun started to sing of his undying, passionate love for Jeon Sooyeon, and Shinhye swore she heard birds singing along.

She massaged her temples, at a loss of what to do.

What do you do when you accidentally spill a love potion on someone?

 

----

 

Over on Sooyeon's side...

 

Sooyeon was near the brink of explosion.

Her veins pulsed and she swore her blood pressure was hitting the roof. Sunhwa was testing her patience. The latter sat on the countertop, swinging her legs back and forth while giggling at Sooyeon's livid expression. The whole situation would be comical, if not for Sooyeon's deadly aura.

The sight of the kitchen the greeted her was enough to make her blood boil. Vegetables were strewn around carelessly, salt and pepper were pooling at the edge of the table, pots and pans were on the floor and the tablecloth was burnt.

All of this on the first day. She had nearly lost her cool but she contained it, trying to let it go. She was putting in conscious effort to be a better person, but Sunhwa was somehow extremely close to making her a detestable creature.

"I finally found water! I kind of made a mess, though..." Sunhwa held up the god-forsaken cup in her hands and made sound akin to a giggle, oblivious to her impending doom. Sooyeon's eye twitched but then she remembered vaguely what Namjoon had asked of her, that she not "stay angry" at Sunhwa's antics. Ah, and his "or else." Whatever that meant.

Sooyeon clapped her hands together a little too forcefully, her lips hitched upwards into a plastic smile. "Right, Sunhwa, why don't you wait outside while I clean up here?"

Sunhwa smiled, her expression truly innocent, and skipped away while Sooyeon looked back at the scene before her helplessly. Her steps toward the countertop felt heavy and drained, and she groaned at the mess. One thing she could not stand was a mess, and when she saw one she had to clean it up. This was, obviously, no exception. She sighed, reaching for her ribbon to tie her hair up, only to find it missing from her wrist. I must have lost in somewhere, the brawl, perhaps.

As she rolled back her sleeves and bent down to start picking up the fallen veggies, her mind wandered back to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter