Law #1 - Do not provoke others.

Once Upon A Time.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: here's the first chapter :D I should put in effort to make it look pretty for once lmao.

 

Chapter 1 ; Law #1 - Do Not Provoke Others.

 

Narrator's POV

 

A dead silence fell upon the hall as a woman entered the premesis, her aura being somewhat terrifying. She was dressed prettily; a white dress shirt tucked into a pair of skinny jeans that accentuated her frame. With her head held high, she strutted towards the office in a huff. Her lips were set into a scowl, her eyes hard. Clearly, she was agitated.

This girl in question was twenty-two years of age. She was young and actually quite unpleasant to many people. Let's just say that her personality did not win the hearts of many. On this day in particular, she was most unpleasant. Her submission for the summer festival had been rejected.

And nobody rejects Jeon Sooyeon.

The door opened with a resounding slam, and everyone held their breaths, waiting for the beast to be unleashed. Yeah, it wasn't pretty.

"I need to speak to Han seongsaengnim!" she announced, her eyes scanning the room. A firm expression was etched on the said teacher's face as she rose from her seat to speak to her volatile student.

"What is it now, Sooyeon?" she sighed and faced her student, motioning for her to go into her office. 

"My application was rejected." she said as a matter-of-factly, expecting Madam Han to solve the problem. She held an air of arrogance about her, which intensified due to her current mood.

Madam Han rubbed her temples. "Your design was good, Sooyeon, but it wasn't appropriate at all for-"

"There! You said it was good, wasn't it? So my design deserves to be in the runway!"

"Do not interrupt me," Madam Han eyed her wearily. "It is not appropriate for summer at all."

"Why the heck not?" 

"You designed a woollen gown, Sooyeon. A woollen gown in the summer! Are you out of your mind?" Madam Han rebuked, huffing in exasperation.

"Who knows? It may be a trend someday!" Sooyeon argued, thinking highly of her design, as usual. "It had perfect t and embellishments!"

"Maybe in Christmas, Ms Jeon. But this application is not entering the festival, and that is final."

"But- the deadline-!"

"That's right. Unless you can come up with a better, more appropriate design for the summer fair in less than an hour, I suggest you wait till next year."

And with that, she slammed the door in the persistent girl's face.

 

 

She drew furiously on her sketchbook, trying to come up with a design that fit summer. She swallowed and glanced at the clock that seemed to be taunting her - It showed the time 2:30.

She was screwed. Having mental block during this time was unfortunate, especially if you wanted to be recognized in the fashion industry. She had half an hour to sketch, colour, explain and on top of that who could guarantee that it would be accepted? She needed 3 designs at least!

"Sooyeon-ssi?"

The said girl grunted, "What? Can't you see I'm busy?"

"...I just wanted to help." the small voice paused, "What do you think of when summer comes to mind?"

"Stress, fashion, street food," she mumbled incoherently. You could tell Sooyeon wasn't in her intelligent mood then.

"Try bright colours, instead," the small voice tried again.

"Bright colours! You think I don't know that? That's a no-brainer, summer is always bright and despicably hot," she stopped drawing and huffed at the mousey-looking girl, "Unless you have any better ideas, do me a favour and get lost, thanks."

The girl sighed and walked away, dejected, while Sooyeon was left to her own flurry of thoughts.

 

"Are you kidding me?" Madam Han sighed. "This one looks decent, but isn't good enough to catch attention."

"But-"

"Stop with the buts, Sooyeon. Let your mind have a break and just wait till next year, okay?" Madam Han looked at her apologetically.

Sooyeon swallowed in anger but straightened up & bowed half-heartedly. That look in Madam Han's eyes ticked her off. She could handle people being angry, but pity? She despised it. It made her seem weak and not up-to-par. She exited the office, dejected and sour, and slung her bag over her shoulder while making her way to her car.

She buckled up and started the engine leaving the compound in a huff.

My design should have gotten in. It was nearly flawless.

Her thoughts continued rambling, distracting her. She could barely

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter