Waiting For The Perfect Time

Bridge To His Heart

                                                     

                                                        Image result for waiting for the perfect time

 

DARA’s POV

 

A knock on the door woke me up from my deep slumber. I almost scream remembering what happened last night.

 

Oh my goodness we were almost there. Making love. “Gahhhh!!!” I screamed while burying my face on the pillow. I feel so giddy, too excited that my heart won’t stop beating so hard that it hurts a little on my chest.

 

Oh my God, what to do now? I can’t face him but I miss him. I want to see him.

 

Another knock stop me from my giddiness but here comes my nervousness. “In a minute!” I shout trying to hide the emotions from my voice. Oh God, It think my face is so red, I feel the heat circulating inside my body.

 

I quickly step out of the bed and went directly to the bathroom. I wash my face with cold water, turning the faucet to cold so that my reddish face won’t be seen or else Jiyong might think I want to make love to him, well I do. Even right now I can do it.

 

“Gahhhhhhh! What’s wrong with you Dara? Are you ually frustrated now??? You even had the most amazing last night”

 

I watch my face on the mirror and it tells how my face’s so red once again, and so I washed my face over and over again with cold water.

 

Not long I walk out of the bath and went to the dresser. I sit on the chair and memories of us touching and letting Jiyong fill my body with pleasure right in this spot. Damn it was so good I want to scream but I need to hold it in.

 

Looks like Jiyong cleaned up the mess we made for all the bottles of cosmet are already back to its place. I don’t even remember myself so eager to be touch and I never felt how good it was to be touched. Only Jiyong makes me feel beautiful and wanted. Everything was beyond my expectation. Damn it he’s good. Really good.

 

What kind of face shall I wear? I’m too nervous but I’m eager to see him, to talk to him and then make love to him.

 

Gaaaahhhh!

 

Next thing I did, I put on some light make up starting from a pressed foundation to putting some lip tint and for the finishing touch, I spray a little of branded cologne.

 

I already dressed myself with a white casual dress that falls just above my knee and put my hair on a ponytail.

 

I am already at the door when I hear another knock on the door. Excitement rush through me that I almost trip just to open the door. I grasp the doorknob and twist it to open.

 

“Good morning Jiy---… Minho??”

 

Oh crap I sounded too excited. Then reality hits me and I feel so bad not calling Minho not even once. I know he was really worried sick.

 

I watch how his smile fade and nod his head low, put his hands inside his pocket.

 

“I see” He paused. “Oh well breakfast is ready. You need to eat, we have a long ride back home”

 

“It’s good to see you Minho. Let’s have breakfast together I know Jiyong won’t mind” I returned and about to reach him for a tight hug, but then he turn around and started going to the stairs towards the dining on the second floor.

 

“Come on you need to eat Sandara”

 

I bit my lower lip and followed him. I’m a disappointment to him again. The way he said my name, making it sound corporate not the casual one he usually calls me even when we are in the office or in front of my seniors and also my juniors.

 

I’m hurting him.

 

Reaching the dining, he already prepare the seat as usual of his habit around me, acting chivalry and assist me on sitting. I smiled and lean to give him my warmest smile but he looked the other way. That hurts me too but I understand his feeling. Instead, I stare on the plate and the delicious dish on the table yet I lost my appetite.

 

My eyes went to Jiyong’s bedroom door below and wait until he joins me. Where is he anyway?

 

“Jiyong already left. He called me to fetch you here. He was worried. He wanted to tell you how sorry he is for not taking you home himself. He received a call last night that his father ask for his presence on I think is an important meeting today”

 

Minho answered the question floating on my mind and knowing Jiyong left saddens me but I understand. I’m going to see him back in Seoul anyway.

 

“I understand, how about you join me Minho? It’s lonely eating alone” I wait for his response but he responded long enough for me to hear his voice in a far area.

 

I look around and he was gone, he’s already at the main door going out with his heavy tinted sunglasses.

 

“I already ate and I need to make phone calls outside. I’ll be outside and take your time. You need to eat alright, I’ll see you later” Then he close the door behind him.

 

Now I’m alone but I still followed his instructions. I ate in silence and alone.

 

We do need to talk.

 

____________________________________

 

JIYONG’s POV

 

“Sir, Mr. Kwon would like to talk to you”

 

“Thank you Hayi, let him in” I answered my secretary and she walk at the corner of the door. She bows down while my father come inside with his three guards.

 

I stood up and went to the side of my office table and bow politely at the presence of my father.

 

“Leave us alone for now”

 

I heard him and gesturing his guards to go out and they all bowed down as well as my secretary before they close the door.

 

“It’s good to see you son” He went straight to the living area around this office and sit on the black leather sofa. I wait for him to sit before I do the same, bowing my head a bit before sitting in front of him.

 

“It’s good to see you too Father, it’s been a while” It’s now my time greet him in return. My feet stayed on the ground and politely face him with bowed head.

 

“You don’t need to be so formal son, you’re hurting your old man”

 

I went to see his face and smile at him. I sigh with ease and face my father whom I adore so much. But it pains me looking how old he looked right now. I’ve been busy that I come home to them rarely nowadays. His white hairs are sticking out and there’s a lot of them now.

 

“Wow, the reason why I chose this area to be your room is because of the breathtaking view. I want to give you a life that you can see the whole world, to appreciate the nature and respect its Creator. I want you to be happy son, always. You are the Jewel of our family, you are precious to me. Please always do remember that”

 

Just hearing my father’s voice always makes my worries away, it’s different with mom. A Mother always nag but it’s their way of saying how they care a lot.

 

I watched what my father is looking at on the ceiling to floor glass window. I love my room as well. And I love my father more than he loves me.

 

“I know Dad”

 

“Well anyway son, I heard from your friend TOP what happened. Care to spare me some details yourself?”

 

I told my father what happened to the point that I told him about Dara’s dead son and how I took care of her for three days. I know my father is worried too because he and mom adores Dara a lot. She was a good friend of mine back in the days, they know what we’ve been through. But I think it’s time to tell my father how I really feel.

 

“Dad, I don’t want to be friends with her anymore” I said in a serious manner.

 

He paused for a few seconds and just stared back at me with worries painted on his weak eyes behind his glasses.

 

My secretary knock on the door and gave us a cup of tea, bowed her head and left the room once again. Dad take a sip while I wait for the response from the person I respect so much.

 

“Are you really sure about that? Because the second time you hurt her will stain the memories left that you both still hold dearly inside your hearts. So, let me ask you one more time son, do you not want Sandara to be your friend anymore?”

 

“Yes father. Instead I want to have her heart. To be her partner in life not just her friend but to become the man who loves her. A man who will fight for her and wipes the tears that she will shed. I love her dad, I love her since the day she call out my name”

 

I seriously answered direct to the point. I have no hesitations. I love Dee, Dara. I love Sandara Park.

 

I then saw how my father grinned and his eyes sparkles. “How come you’re telling me that only now? I already know that you adore Sandara since you were still kids who doesn’t even know what romance means. But I know you already felt it before Dara. You disappoint me on that son, for telling me that just now”

 

“How did you know?” I’m confused. I always want to be tough when father’s around. Dara’s stubborn personality always soften my dad and mom’s heart but I see to it that I’m the only one Dara should show that fun personality and not around my parents or other people even with our friends. So I always stop Dara when she wanted to go see my parents because I know they will make fun of me. So how come my father felt that when he barely sees her?

 

“I know what’s going inside that head of yours son. But you know, actions speak louder than words. You’re always around Dara even if it’s our bonding time. You always ask for an extra allowance because you want to buy something for Dara. Remember?” My father continued and take a sip of his tea.

 

“I see. Was I too obvious?”

 

“Yes dear. Look like Dara’s the one whose been braver among the two of you. She’s the one who stepped on that scary bridge towards your heart but it’s you who cut the ropes. How will you repair that bridge now?”

 

“By all means dad, I will do my best to have her back in my life. I will not let her go. I will wait until she opens her heart for me”

 

“I will trust you on that son. Finally my son is becoming a man before my eyes. But anyway, how old will be the baby’s age if he were alive?”

 

Pain shots through my heart everytime I remember the way Dara screamed in pain for losing her son. I gulp the lump on my throat and answer.  “Seven”

 

“Seven years old huh?? But come to think of it, it was seven years ago when she left, was she pregnant already? It is kind’a confusing knowing how she loves you but let another man into her life.”

 

“It’s the pain I inflicted to her as to why she did that” It hurts me as well. So much.

 

“No son, Dara is not that kind of girl. She might be fragile looking but she’s tough. She had a breakdown episode but Dara will never let another man to be a part of her life except if it’s you. It’s actually a mystery for me”

 

What Dad said make sense. Who is the man anyway? Why is Dara so protective of that part of her life? I always wanted to ask Minho because I know he holds the key to finding the answer I am seeking for. But I respect Dara, I will wait until she opens up for me. I wish it’ll happen soon.

 

“It’s about time for the meeting come on son, let’s proceed. It was a good talk my dear. Thank you for trusting your old man”

 

“Wrong Dad, it should be I thanking you for listening and for being understanding as always. Even if I became too busy, you know I always miss you and mom”

 

“I know son”

 

We walked together to the door but he stop and pat my back.

 

“Jiyong Kwon, the only point in my life where you disappoint me so much is the time where you let Sandara go, so if you let that happen again, you might lose my respect as well or might be till forever. Don’t hurt Sandara dear anymore, she’s been hurt a lot”

 

“Yes Dad. You have my word” The thought of losing my father’s respect kind of making me nervous. I will never let that happen. It’s a warning passed down on me.

 

“She’s the only woman who I see as the mother of my grandchildren. So do me a favor, make that happen son”

 

“Yes father”

 

The mother of my children huh? That’s exciting. I might attack Dee and ask for a daughter even right at this moment. Oh well I can only smile at that thought for now.

 

***************

 

The red light sign on the street begin to light up and the countdown for the go signal started. I flick my nails on the steering wheel of my car while staring at the countdown above. Then I fished out my phone and type a message.

 

Jiyong (10:18pm) :   Hey, how are you feeling? How was the long drive?

 

DaraSsanttokki:     It was a long ride home and I was asleep the entire time. Minho wants me to.

 

Aigoo. Her response is quick. Was she waiting for my mail? Wow, I missed this kind of feeling like I’m having a puppy love. My smile almost reach my ears. But damn that Minho, if I only have a choice, I will not ask for his help but he is the only one I know the will take care of her for me. I’m a little jealous even when I had her alone to myself for the whole three days.

 

Jiyong:     Thank God you’re safe. I am sorry for leaving you like that. I’ll buy you a dinner next time?

 

There’s a floating bubbles on her part, a sign that she’s typing then it’s gone but there’s no message and again the floating bubbles appear on the screen again.

 

DaraSsanttokki:   How about I’ll buy you dinner right now?

 

What??! She wanted to see me now?? Oh my goodness I’m gonna die.

 

A car behind honked at me and I curse the car for breaking the moment. I steered the wheel and let all the cars behind go ahead of me while I stop and park the car at the corner, typing a message in return but then erased what I typed and press the call button next to her name on the screen.

 

Just with one ring, she picked it up.

 

“Hello?” she answered.

 

I am melting right now, I can’t find myself not able to grin. I pulled the phone a little from my ears and clear my throat. I need to be cool.

 

“How are you feeling Dee?” I asked even if I already asked that a while ago.

 

“I am fine. Thank you. How about the dinner?”

 

How come she sound calm when my heart beats so loud that she might even hear it? Why am I too excited? I need to be cool.

 

“Don’t tell me you haven’t had dinner yet?” I asked.

 

“Have you Ji?”

 

Oh my Goodness her voice makes me tremble. “I-I already had dinner with Dad, I’m on my way home” I need to make up a white lie, I might attack her if we see each other now or I might take her away and go back to where we were last night.

 

“I understand. Well I had my dinner too. But I ate alone. Minho ask to take the rest of the day off so I’m alone right now. I will be busy tomorrow so I don’t know if we can have dinner tomorrow as well”

 

I’m alone as well and I haven’t had my dinner yet. How I wish I can tell her that. “Don’t be sad, it was a long ride, even if you fell asleep during the ride, I know it’s still tiring. I wish to see you tonight but I want you to rest”

 

“I wish to see you too. I miss you, you know. You have been my companion for three whole days, I got used to it so I’m a little lonely but don’t worry I understand your whereabouts”

 

Oh don’t talk to me like that, I might end up in front of your door. Dara you are killing me softly.

 

“Hey me too Dee” Seriously that’s the only words I came up with?

 

“About last night J-”

 

No! we can’t talk about it Dee. “Dara I know we need to talk about last night. But let’s leave it at that for now. I want to savor the pleasure you have given me. I know you feel the same way. What happened last night, it was everything to me. It’s a different level in our relationship Dee, I don’t want to take advantage because I am being serious, and I will wait for you until you are ready for me. Let’s talk the rest of it in time”

 

Dara paused for a bit. “I know. Goodnight Ji”

 

She sound pained. “Dara you understand right? I want to see you so much but you know I will not just sit around if I came by to see you”

 

“I understand really. Thank you for telling me that Ji. Goodnight.”

 

“Dara you don’t need to be formal, we can still call each other, send mails to each other. You will not cut the communication right?” I need to be sure. If not, I will be in front of her house.

 

“Never” she answered.

 

Thank God.

 

“Goodnight Dara. Sleep well”

 

“Goodnight Ji”

 

______________________________________________________

 

A/N: I need to update this story because I miss u guys.. Hope you enjoy the chap. Next chapter will be very intense. Wait for it.