Healing

Bridge To His Heart

   

 

                                                                       

                                                                                      Image result for healed

 

                             Image result for healed

 

 

DARA’s POV

 

I keep on dragging Jiyong to wherever my eyes tells me to go. We rode the Vikings and seated at the last row where you can experience more of the adrenaline fun. Then went to ride the water breaker, then went for the heart-stopping ride, the claw.

 

 

At first I feel excited while waiting in line to another ride, but when it’s time to experience the fun, my heart feels like it’s going to stop due to mixed emotions of excitement and anxiety. It’s thanks to Jiyong for making me calm all the way because he never let go of my hand, as if he doesn’t have a plan letting it go from his tight and assuring grip.

 

 

I screamed as if there’s no tomorrow and Jiyong does that often too. Jiyong loves speed and sports that has adrenaline rush to it, but the way he screams and laugh gives me the idea that he’s enjoying the moment just like I do for I often check on him.

 

 

We went to different stalls that caters gaming and earn prizes specially stuff toys and now I’m loaded with so many toys because Jiyong is so good at it. Now we looked like we stole toys for we are carrying the best out of the best prizes available. Even the employees on the baggage counter laughed at us whenever we store the new prizes we get.

 

 

We ate at a fast-food stall for we get so hungry after a heart-stopping ride, then went back to try another breath stealing moment.

 

 

We ended up on the best ride of this memorable park. The Giant Drop. It’s the best for me.

 

 

“I don’t think I want to do this anymore” I looked at Jiyong who just gave me an assuring smile while the ride going up already started.

 

 

“There’s no stopping now Dee, just don’t let go of my hand okay” he almost screamed so that I can hear it. He knows that my mind is full of anxiety as we were dragged higher and higher that we almost have a glimpse of the city. Higher and higher made me lose my breath. What to do?

 

 

My grip tighten on his hand and I felt him leave a peck on the back of my hand. He laughed.

 

 

“Just scream and enjoy” He assured.

 

“Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God..!” I chanted a spell just to calm my nerves a bit but I can hear Jiyong’s laughter beside me. Now we’re almost at the top that seems like the 40th storey of a building and in a few seconds we will be dropped to the ground, but not literally to the ground, right?

 

 

I started screaming more when the people started screaming, anxious of what is going to happen with our lives in a few seconds.

 

 

“Don’t be scared. Open your eyes or just look at me”

 

 

I did what Jiyong told me. I didn’t even notice that I already closed my eyes, so I turned to look at him and his warmest smile greeted me. I don’t know why but it calms me, just his smile is enough.

 

 

“Let’s scream our lungs out. Are you ready? Here we go” he added while he’s unbelievably calm. Unfair. I can even feel my heartbeat on my mouth as if my heart wanted to scream too, weird right?

 

 

There was a long pause after we reached the end, making us more terrified and anxious. Then in no time, the drop began.

 

 

Both of us screamed so much just like the other people on this ride. Both of us didn’t let go and continue holding hands together, tightly yet gentle.

 

 

Somehow the pain in my heart is slowly subsiding. Screaming calmed me a lot to the point that I almost feel like I have never been hurt before. But it’s not just the adrenaline fun that I get here, but the smile that Jiyong always shows me, his laughter that brings tingles on my spine, and his hand that never let go of mine, are the reason why I’m being healed from yesterday’s deep wound.

 

 

******

 

 

Both of us lost the track of time for it is already evening. We both agreed to have our last ride at the Ferris wheel and again we both had some fun in that sweet romantic ride. We enjoyed the view and the sparkling lights coming from the city when we’re at the peak. Jiyong would often reminisce our happy moments together back in the days that we ended up laughing together.

 

 

I know that he wanted to tell me that our past is not worth forgetting at all. I know that. Maybe it’s because I want to forget to the point that I’m hurting myself and blaming the past for making me bleed. I’m sure Jiyong wanted to tell me that.

 

 

It is already 5 minutes before 7:00 in the evening. Both of us is already tired from those terrifying rides but we had so much fun that we wanted more.

 

 

It was announced on the entrance that they have a musical firework display at 7:00 this evening. With haste, Jiyong bought us corndogs and one large soda drink with two straws in it for both of us. We were about to go home and just have our dinner outside the amusement park when we remembered the firework show.

 

 

We still need to walk where the best place for viewing is at the last corner of this whole place. The place is huge and I ran from here to there then back again at the entrance. So we need to walk again but my feet is tired already, yet I want to see the fireworks.

 

 

I tried to walk the same pace as Jiyong but slowly as possible. Jiyong seems like his dragging me behind but I can’t complain.

 

 

He suddenly stopped and I gasped a bit. I was busy looking at the ground and blaming my feet for aching that I didn’t notice him staring.

 

 

“Look at what you have done to yourself” he said after he removed his mask so that I can hear him clearly.

 

 

“Don’t pull that thing” I pointed at his mask and he smirked at me before he wore it again. His eyes could only be seen but even his eyes is smiling at me and would make me blush sometimes. But of course it should be for my eyes only.

 

 

I think I am blushing right now for he is looking at me in a way that he’s teasing me.

 

 

He began to close the distance between us and let go of my hand that made me pout. I saw him bent down on his knee in front of me and loosen the knot of my shoes.

 

 

“You’ve been running around with your shoe lace tightly done. I’m sorry for not noticing it, it must be hurting right now. Are you okay?” He asked and look at me.

 

 

Was I that obvious? “I’m fine, thank you Ji” I responded and gave him a smile and his eyes seems like it’s smiling at me in response.

 

 

He began to place my right feet on his bent knee and began to massage my calf. Oh my! I looked at the people who passed by us and they have envy on their faces for I have such a sweet and loving boyfriend who worries for me.

 

 

Boyfriend? How did I came up with that word? I need to slap myself.

 

 

“J-Ji, you don’t need to do that here” I pat him on the shoulder.

 

 

“Why not? If I won’t do this, you’ll have leg cramps in a minute or two. Am I making you uncomfortable?” he asked while locking his gaze at mine.

 

 

“No, it helps a lot but we are in the middle of the road. People are staring” He looked elsewhere then went to massage my lower leg again but he suddenly stop as if he understand what I’m trying to say.

 

 

“You’re right” He finally stood up but honestly what he did on my leg made the pain lessened. I breathe out in success and was waiting for him to hold my hand but in the end, I was being carried on his back while he supports my leg.

 

 

“Home or fireworks?” He asked me directions.

 

 

“Fireworks please”

 

 

“Fireworks it is”

 

 

He started to move and I giggled near his ears. “I missed this…., I missed you” I mean it and so I buried my lips on his neck while he walks.

 

 

___________________________________________________________

 

 

JIYONG’s POV

 

 

I cannot explain how my heart pound in my chest like a drum after I heard what she said. I am so happy. She made me this happy and I want to keep this happiness, that’s why I will do my best to keep this happiness forever. I can’t afford to lose her anymore and it’s not going to happen soon, not ever. I will never let her go.

 

 

We reached our destination and there’s already people gathered, waiting for the show to start. Good thing we made it on time. But the spot that we’re in isn’t the best spot for viewing. I tiptoed and searched for a perfect place for a better view and looks like we need to go to the front. With Dara’s height, it’s hard for her to see the show.

 

 

Even though I hate crowded places and to even make contact with the crowd, even though this kind of scene will always be on my hate list, but for Dara I need to do it.

 

 

“Can you walk?” I asked.

 

 

“Of course”

 

 

I put her down.

 

 

“Let’s go to the front” I grabbed her hand and held it tight.

 

 

“But I’m okay here, besides there’s a lot of people in there and I know you hate crowds”

 

 

“But It is not okay for me. Just don’t let go of my hand and stay close to me, got it?” I left a peck on her forehead before I saw her nod.

 

 

In no time, we made it through the crowd. Bumping our shoulders with the others and receive few curses, in the end it’s all worth it for we are already on the perfect spot. I pulled Dara who follows me behind to go to the front. But because the people behind me is pushing us to the front, I removed my mask and my jacket just to trap her body on my chest, her back leaning on my chest, for it will give her warmth. I also pushed her legs up front, closing the tiny space between us and trapped her petite body with my arms that’s leaning on a stainless baluster.

 

 

I felt her stiffened and I know why, so I whispered on her ears “Just relax and enjoy the show. I need to trap you for a little while because their pushing us more or else we’ll get crush and you might get hurt. Just hold my hand, okay?”

 

 

I stole a peck on her temporal before I open my palms. It was her who interlocks her fingers on both of my open hand and lean her head on my collar area, my cheeks pressing on her head. The music is now being played and the show began but before that, I heard her uttered...

 

 

…. “Then stay close to me”

 

 

******

 

 

 The show reached its end and we heard applause from the audience.

 

 

“Wow, More! More!” Dara yelled.

 

 

I laughed at her and tighten my hold on her hands. Honestly, I don’t want to let it go and just stay like this. I began to lean my chin on her shoulders and watch her every expression. I pushed her a little bit more on the front and lean my weight on her’s but my hands in on her waist, as if hugging her from behind. No, rather I’m hugging her from behind.

 

 

“That was beautiful, it’s as if their dancing with the music. How is it possible? I give my respect to the engineers and pyro-technician for that wonderful show. Beautiful”

 

 

I smirked and bury my lips on her neck, sniffing her scent and she smells so nice. Oh God.

 

 

“-don’t you think so?” only those I heard. I didn’t realize that I got lost for a second or two.

 

 

“hmmn, what about?” I murmured but still leaning on her shoulders.

 

 

“You’re not listening. How could you? I said the show is beautiful, don’t you think?” she pouted that made me grin.

 

 

“But you’re more beautiful” I said with honesty.

 

 

She stopped pouting and got replaced by a smile and her eyes sparkling. She even avoided the eye contact.

 

 

“You’re making me blush”

 

 

“Let me see you blush” I returned and tried to capture her gaze that she suddenly avoided.

 

 

I shifted her position and now she’s facing me. I let go of her hands but still trapped in my arms just to see her blush. Though it’s hard to see it for it’s already dark but the lamp post near us is enough to have a glimpse of her red cheeks.

 

 

“Oh enough already” she then grabbed my ped jacket and buried her face to my chest while she use my jacket to cover herself.

 

 

My smile fade knowing that I could almost frighten Dara with the way my heart is beating so hard. Her being near me can cause me heart attack. Seriously.

 

 

She was about to lean away but I stopped her by hugging her tightly, pulling her closer to me. I want her to feel the loud beating of my heart and let her know that she’s the one causing it.

 

 

“Ji you are crushing me” she uttered and went to look at me.

 

 

“I’m sorry, but can we stay like this for a while? Please” I whispered near her ears and kiss her forehead. Not long I felt her hands on my waist and pressed her face more to my chest, embracing me. “I missed you too you know” I added.

 

 

We stayed in our position for 5 minutes before we let each other go. I loosened my hold on her but it was her who still clings to me. We both stared at each other’s eyes.

 

 

“Ji. Thank you for making me happy. Today is one of the best days of my life so thank you” she murmured but then a tear escaped her eyes and I wiped it with my thumb.

 

 

I know that her memories of her son, flashes on her mind right now. I bet she’s thinking about how happy she is but without her son.

 

 

“You deserve more happiness Dara so don’t be sad. I know that Ryujin will always be in your mind and in your heart but right now, will you focus on me too? Just think of my name flashing everywhere in your mind. That would be weird right?” I smiled.

 

 

“Yes, that will be weird indeed” she began to chuckle. “Silly you, but thank you Jiyong, I mean it” she tapped my chest a bit while looking at me.

 

 

My eyes focused on her lips. “You don’t need to thank me Dara. I owe you a lot so I owe you more happiness. Let’s just have some more fun while we’re away from our reality”

 

 

“Still thank you Ji, it means a lot to me” she uttered so softly that I want to kiss her. In the end, I covered her once again with my jacket, and looked the other way. It’s dangerous to watch her lips while she’s speaking, so I need to avoid it.

 

 

“Fine, okay. Come on, it’s time to go home now” I was about to let her go, yet she continue hugging me.

 

 

“I don’t want to let go. You smell so nice, and you’re warm”

 

 

“Okay as you wish, let’s go home like this” I began walking backwards while I am pulling her with me, while she’s still hugging my waist. I heard her laugh once again. We didn’t even notice that only few people, mostly couples are left.

 

 

We both just laugh together.

 

 

______________________________________________________

 

 

DARA’s POV

 

 

We decided to have our dinner at the villa while I helped him prepare it. Jiyong also prepared a bonfire at the beach and set a dining table for two with 3 lit candles in a clear bottle at the center. We ate there and talk about random things.

 

 

He prepared everything and did his best to make me forget about the pain for now and so I am being healed by him. I no longer feel the emotional pain anymore where it usually took so long to subside.

 

 

After having the best dinner of my life, we both agreed to sleep. He tucked me to bed and made sure that I took the mild anti-depressant medicine that the doctor prescribed to me. I have been taking the same anti-depressant since I lost Ryujin in times that I can’t handle the pain so I’m used to it.

 

 

We bade our goodnights and went to sleep even though we don’t want the day to end. Yet it’s time to sleep and I know Jiyong is tired for he always tends to my needs.

 

 

But before he said his goodnights and promises, I saw the way he’s staring at my lips. I don’t even know how to react but I think he wanted to kiss me. In the end, he backs out and left the room. Leaving me anxious with an uncertain outcome.