Realize

Bridge To His Heart

 

FLASHBACK

 

“Kwon Jiyong! Why are you her-!!!”

 

“Shut up and follow me”

 

“But I can’t, it’s- it’s mom and dad’s funeral” She started crying even when her eyes is already bloody red from nonstop crying.

 

“I know. I know Dee” The little guy held her tiny and trembling hands, pull her close to him and embraced her tightly to give her comfort for he also felt the pain whenever he saw her cry like this.

 

“Ji, it’s my fault. Mom and Dad died because I am being naughty. My classmates are right, I am a brat, a monster!” She trembled beneath his embrace as the little boy pat her shoulders.

 

“Don’t say that Dee, Omma once told me that trowing tantrums is normal to us kids and what happened yesterday was an accident Dara. Auntie and Uncle loves you so much that they protected you. They went after you because they love you so much”

 

“But it’s still my fault”

 

“No! It’s not your fault Dee. Please stop crying now. Please” he beg and tighten his embrace. Not long the girl embraced him with the same intensity as his. Through that dim small closed comfort room, only the sound of her sobs could be heard while the little boy embraced her with his love.

 

It went for some few minutes and after that, the little boy drag her out of the room and both went outside the funeral chappel and ended up walking hand in hand on the streets. Somehow her sobs lessens but her tears are still flowing down her cheeks while he continue dragging her to somewhere he only know.

 

“Where are we Ji?”

 

“In a shop”

 

“I know but why are we here?” She asked while her eyes roamed around that small store.

 

“I heard that this store sells charms so I want to buy you one” the little boy gave her his brightest smile and never let go of her hands.

 

“What for?” She wiped out her tears and just follow him while he’s searching and searching for something. The store is small but the liitle boy took him 10 minutes to find what he’s been looking for.

 

“Finally I saw it” he almost jumped in happeness and later on he show it to her.

 

“A bracelet? For real Jiyong? You dragged me for this? It’s just a piece of wood and some black beads” she somehow smiled after seeing him pout.

 

“Yah!! It’s not a normal bracelet, it’s a promise bracelet. Come on, let’s pay this thing and return back”

 

They both went to the counter and an old man smile at them while the little boy is searching for his money on his pocket, but his other hand is still locked on the little girl’s hand.

 

“Are the two of you kids on a date?”

 

“Oh. No! No! Sir” the little girl  tried to take away her hands.

 

“Yes sir, we are dating” But the little boy tighten his grip on her.

 

“Aigoo, kids nowadays are so bold” the old man whispered to himself. “Here you go. I wish you two a love that will last forever. Thank you for shopping and please come again”

 

“We will sir, thank you” The little boy dragged her once again and both return to the chappel.

 

The girl fell silent once again but the boy interlocks his fingers on her’s. She gasped and watched him while he stopped walking and faced her.

 

“Dara, I don’t want you to cry because it hurts here (pointing at his heart) whenever I saw you cry. So promise me that you will be brave enough to welcome the tomorrow without your mom and dad beside you and will not cry anymore, promise me that you will talk to me about everything  because I am willing to listen even if it will take forever to listen, and promise me that you will stay as my bestfriend forever”

 

“But Jiyong, that’s hard” The little girl shook his head.

“No Dee, It’ll be alright so please promise me” he now both held her hands and gently squeeze it.

 

She took a deep breath and gave him a weak smile. Somehow the pain in her heart lessens. The way Jiyong hold her hands, the way he smiled at her, the way she comforts her, and the way he talks to her made her forget the pain but felt the need to live because of this little lad she calls as her bestfriend.

 

“I-I promise” She stuttered but it’s true. She will do it for her bestfriend who did not even left her side, whose always present everytime she needs him. She saw him smile so brightly and put on the bracelet on her tiny wrist. “But Ji, promise me too that you’ll be there when I need you as I will be there when you need me, promise me that you will listen as I too will listen to you, promise me that you will not do anything to broke this friendship for I too will do anything to protect this relationship we have, and promise me that we will stay as bestfriends forever” They both stared at each other while Dara put on the bracelet on his hand.

 

“I promise”

 

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 

_____________________________________________

 

DARA’s POV

 

A tear escaped my eyes as I remembered that night where we exchanged promises together. I watched the tiny bracelet in my hand and brought it to my lips. Mine is hidden at my locker on my room. Those were the times that I slowly fell in love with him, with my bestfriend Kwon, Jiyong. He showed me the love that I was lacking, he taught me how to face the tomorrow with a bright smile and him beside me, hand in hand. He who stayed beside me whenever I feel down.

 

It was I who always make him sad, it was I who always hurt him. God knows how I really love him. Even now. I love him so much that my feelings for him will never die in my heart. It was always there.

 

“I’m so stupid!” I fell on my knees while holding tightly the bracelet he threw away. I am so stupid that after all those years I tried to forget him, but here I am, wishing he’ll come back to me.

 

“Dara” I heard Minho whispered. My eyes watched his and I cried even more.

 

“Minho-ahh, I am so sorry. I’m so sorry. Sorry” then I cried so loud and felt him embraced me. I embraced him as well and whispered how sorry I am for him. I thought I can learn to love him instead, I thought I can learn to forget but in the end I used him and hurt him as I had hurt Jiyong, the one I really love. What have I done? I have been a very bad girl.

 

“Shhh” he rocked both of our bodies but said nothing. I know Minho already knew what this is all about.

 

“I love you Minho, but I love Jiyong more. I always love him but now he said goodbye again. I‘ve been vey naughty all this time but I’m hurting too Minho-ah as I am hurting you and Jiyong” This time I want to set everything right. The first thing I must do is to be true to myself and to the people who showed me love and didn’t leave my side. First is my bestfriend Minho.

 

I felt him left a peck on my forehead and tighten his embrace with me. “I know Dara. Finally you admit it. Thank you for letting me know about it” I cried even more after hearing him said that. He is very understanding and wants nothing but happiness for me while I am being self centered and didn’t care what people think or feel.

 

“I’m so sorry. I tried to return that love like how you love me but I guess I the scar Jiyong left on my heart blocked me from loving you in return. I don’t know why I still love him after all those years that we parted. But maybe it’s because of that, I began to miss him, his gentleness, his presence, and everything, I missed him so much that I didn’t know it was love all along”

 

“Don’t apologize Dara for I understand. Though I was really hoping that someday you’ll learn to love me but after we came back here in Seoul, you have change a lot and that change is for the better. I am so proud of you that you finally realize what you’ve been missing. So tell me your plan and I’ll help you get him back”

 

I suddenly hit his chest as he was my back softly. “Minho-ah, why are you so nice to me? You’re making me guilty more and it hurts too” I whispered and looked at him straight in the eyes.

 

“Simple. It’s because I learn to love you Dara”

 

A tear once again escaped my eyes but before it dropped on the ground, he already wiped it with his chilly hands. I placed my hands above his and brought his right hand to my lips, leaving a soft kiss on his palms. Though I can never return the love he has for me, but I have to thank him for staying with me even if I am not worthy of his time and love.

 

“I’m really sorry Minho but I want to thank you for understanding, for staying with me, and for giving me the chance to live again, to see the world differently. You thought me how to be strong, to fight, to survive. You were always there for me and I hate myself for not returning the love and instead I used you. Please forgive me for I don’t want to lose you too”

 

He paused and avoided my eyes. “I won’t go far” He said but his eyes lost it’s glow. I don’t understand.

 

“What do you m-mean you won’t go f-far?” I stuttered and now felt scared. Scared of losing him.

 

“I have to move on too Dara. Don’t you think I need time to settle down my feelings for you? If I always stand beside you then I might not give you to him just like what I feel like doing right now. Good thing I still can control myself. Dara, I know you will understand, you do right?”

 

“I-I do not”

 

He sadly smiled at me. “I think it’s time for you to get promoted as one of my product managers. I will raced this issue to the board so that you’ll get promoted asap, and --” he uttered but I cut him out.

 

“No!” I hissed because if I got promoted then it means I’m going to work away from him. I might get to see him twice a month if I get lucky and if I’m not then I won’t have the chance to see him at all. Yet who am I to disagree? I’m not after the promotion of course but I have to understand his situation as well. I don’t even think I’m worthy of that promotion, but I have to obey him. Hes the boss after all. “No” I whispered again. I just don’t want to be parted with him.

 

“Dara listen to me” He placed his hands on my shoulders and watched me straight in the eyes. “You can of course call me whenever you want to, but seeing each other as often like we used to, well that might change now. But I promise you that I will stay loyal to our friendship Dara”

 

Seeing him smiling and hearing his voice so soft and gentle made me pull him and hugged him once again. Why is this guy so nice to me. I don’t deserve it.

 

“Oh God Minho-ah. What should I do?” Actually the question is what have I done?! I just can’t simply say it.

 

He laughed gently and patted my head. “You silly girl, don’t ask me that. Instead, why don’t you ask yourself?”

 

What should I do?

 

We stayed embracing each other but it was I who pulled away from him first and helped me stand on my feet once again. I know what to do now.

 

“I’ve been hiding from the reality all this time Minho. I think it’s time for me to let it go. To forget” I saw Minho’s confused gaze and I smiled. “I’ve been lying to you and to my friends all this time, so I think it’s time for me to face them once again. I love Jiyong and I will never love someone like how I love him, so I think I have to let him know what I truly feel for him. But I need a little time to gather my courage to do that. I think it’s better if I’m not going to confess my love to Jiyong for now or else he might think I’m playing hard to get. I will apologize first and confess to him at the right time”

 

“Good, then goodluck to you Dara. But are you sure you don’t want me to cancel our flight tomorrow back to the Philippines?”

 

“Yes, Don’t cancel it. There is something I need to do first. But I have one problem though, it’s Kiko”

 

______________________________________________

 

2 weeks gone by and I was waiting alone in a cafe at Myeongdong M-Plaza. I’ve been watching the people mostly young people passing me by. It’s been a long time since I visited this place, one of the biggest fashion street of Seoul thats why most of the people are youngsters and most of them are wearing the modernize fashion trends.

 

But of course I want to also be one of them, that’s why I set aside my dresses and business wear and wore something classy, daring but wholesome casual attire. 6 years ago I was a fan of fitted dresses, shorty shorts, tank-top, tube, hanging shirts, and wore high heeled stilettos even endure the pain everytime I walk.

 

I smiled as I remember myself back then. But I still have it in me, the love of wearing those clothes. And so I wore silver fitted-sparkling skinny jeans and wore black hanging shirt with a message at the center ‘Try to follow me’ and exposed my proud navel. It’s been a long time since I wore revealing clothes like this. I even matched my 4 inched beige colored with black beads designed closed shoes and wore my all time favorite beanie that has a word ‘HAPPY’ on it. I also have my gold chanel tote bag.

 

Today will be a very special day for me because I will be hanging out with my girl friends with a theme ‘The old me’.

 

Though I still have a jet lag after arriving here in Seoul last night but still this small get together is my very own idea just to make it up to them from my being too fed up with my own problems. Those two weeks vacation in the Philippines once again helped me think of what should I do next and get rid of the stress I’ve been dealing with these past few months. Now I can finally breath. There’s always a better future to those broken people, they just have to accept and embrace the reality and now I’m slowly opening my eyes for that reality.

 

My phone rang and it was Bom who called. She just told me that they’ll be here within 10 minutes. She went after Chaerin because her car won’t start so she called Bom whose living just few blocks away from her. IU will be late but she will make it tonight.

 

I glanced at my watch and it says 3:00 in the afternoon. Bom and CL arrived and we hugged each other.

 

“Wow you look good Dara” Bom said after having our friendly greeting kiss on the cheek. “This remind me of the old times. The hot Sandara Park and the one and only hottest chic back in College” Bom emphasized with her deep voice.

 

“Yeah unnie, even my classmates and even the lower batch fell in love with their cool sunbae Ms. Sandara Park. But really, you look stunning unnie” CL added that made me blush.

 

“Stop it you two. You guys look very hot too and I’m not kidding” I smiled and took a glace at each of them from head to toe and back.

 

Bom as usual was wearing a printed tube dress that falls on her thighs with star laced beads designed that exposes her creamy long legs and made her more look taller. She was wearing pink and black high heeled shoes and put her hair on a simple apple hairstyle. She always look so hot in a printed dress just like what she’s wearing now. She’s actually the iest among us with an 8D personality. A very gorgeous young mother out there, that’s Park Bom.

 

Chaerin on the other side, well she’s the one with fierce and cool aura in her but has a very soft personality. Back then she always wore black and white clothes and cool shirts with messages on it, leather jackets  and jeans, red shoes and she have this fierce gaze and y smirk as I remember. Now she was wearing a turtle neck zebra designed sleeveless top that falls on her upper waist and expose a little bit of her yummy abs and wore a matching high waisted skinny zebra designed jeans and black high heeled addidas shoes. I remember myself calling her GD the 2nd because she has the same taste in fashion just like GD does. They both have this fierce aura on them that made them so hot. Both love wearing blings and rowdy attire.

 

“So, unnie, what’s up with this agenda we have for today?” Chaerin asked with a smirk.

 

I just smiled at them and took a sip of my green tea coffee free frappuccino. As much as I want to answer her but I don’t want to spoil the fun if I am going to reveal what really is the meaning of all of this. So, I think I’ll just save it for later.

 

“I just missed you guys. I missed hanging around like we used to” I shrug my shoulders and both of them sat in front of me. That’s the only reason I could give them.

 

I saw Chaerin nods her head but Bom’s giving me her bominator’s laser gaze. I smiled at her but then she puffed her cheeks. I know that she want to ask me something but then she’s trying to suppress it.

 

“Okay, come on, what is it Bom?” I surrender. I can’t stand Bom’s glare. She’s scary to other people when she does that but to me, she looks so cute. Chaerin also looked at Bom and laughed a bit. I laughed too.

 

“There’s something about you Dara. You seem happy and positive today. I know you have something to tell us but of course I can wait for it later. It’s just that I have no patience waiting for that” She sighed and pouted. Good thing the waiter approached us and gave them their drinks I ordered awhile ago. Both Chaerin and I laughed at how cute Bom is.

 

“Aigoo Bommie” Chaerin tap Bom’s arms. “But anyway Dara unnie, where were you this past two weeks? We were trying to call you. Actually we were waiting for you on Jiyong oppa’s birthday. Why didn’t you come?” Chaerin calmly asked and Bom nods her head.

 

Wow, I’m shocked to see them not making a fuzz about what happened that day. I now realize that all of us have change. We’re now grown ups of course but I was being immature all this time. How could I ignore them when all they did was to treasure our friendship. How could I stay angry with them when all they did was to love me and stay with me. They were my friends and now I don’t know if I can make it up to them because I realize how they have changed while I was gone, I barely know them anymore.

 

Actually, I remember them freaking out, and getting angry when I or one of us ditch one of our friend. They won’t talk to me whenever I do that for 1 day or until I apologize to them and gave them a valid reason or vice versa. All of them treasure our friendship and it’s me who let them go while they are reaching for me.

 

“Dara?” Bom caught me spacing out and I shook my head a bit.

 

“Oh I was in the Philippines. Something came up that day that I can’t go to his birthday. I’m really sorry if I made you wait for me” I said. I was even expecting them to ask me what came to me that day but I was surprised again for they both didn’t asked anything.

 

“That’s okay Dara, though we really did wait for you” Bom took a sip of her coffee.

 

“But Jiyong oppa really expected that you are coming. Why are you not answering your phone that night anyway unnie?”

 

“I put it on silent and I really can’t pick it out. I also left my phone here and just brought my other phone to the Philippines. I haven’t even checked my phone yet. I’m really sorry” I said. Half true half lies.

 

“Is that so? Too bad something happened that night” Bom uttered while tucking her hair behind her ears. I saw CL nod her head.

 

I frowned. What? Is that about me and Jiyong? I’m scared to know but dying to hear it.

 

“What h-happened?” I stuttered and looked at Bom to Chaerin who took a glance at each other then back to me.

 

“Oh my, you didn’t know about it? It was all over the news and newspapers. Are you that busy?” Bom frowned as well and shrugged her shoulders. “Oh well, Jiyong and Kiko, they broke up that night”

---

 

---

 

“WHAT???!!!”

 

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________

 

A/N: It's been a long time my dears, so here's my update just for you. Enjoy and thank you for patiently waiting for every updates. Thank you much.

 

"If you are Jiyong, what will you do at that moment? (the moment when he found Dara with another man)?"

 

Lina90  Trying to move on. Jiyong has said what he felt (haven't he?) Or at least he has indicate it. But dara just shoo him away. So.. what can he do? Just wish her happy. Although it hurts. But he has done what he has to do.

 

haruhi19 if i am jiyong. i'll leave. move out to another country and move on. easy to say noh? i know it's hard to do but that's the only thing i'll do first. people may think it as an escape route or being a coward but that is what i'll do. it's a first step. idk what will happen for the rest of the fic but for this moment, i'd rather dara and jiyong not end up together

 

misscatterbrain - I wld pretend tt I didn't see anything and walk away quietly. as long as he doesn't confess, I will pretend not to know anything abt it and continue loving him. silly. I know. but if he does confess to me abt this. I wld have no choice but to walk away.

 

silvermistdream - If I were Jiyong, I would walk away & let go. Dara has indicated to him several times that she doesn't want to be in relationship with him. And this time, she walks away & run to Minho even after he ask her to stay. So I'll stop chasing after Dara & just let her live her happy life.

 

kyoran_chii Game over would be written all over my face. Dara has said she loves minho, "love" meaning present tense, I would just give her her happiness and go find my own without her. It may be hard but if it's for the betterment of the people involved then so be it.

 

Lakeland So many different emotions would be running through my mind, especially if she comes running all happy to me. In reality, even though it is cowardly I would try to avoid the pain like how dara did before by cutting contact with them for a period of time. However, give or take about a couple days, while clearing my head maybe go back to her if my feelings were that strong.

 

khunfanytaeny if I were jiyong of course I would feel pain in my heart, but he knew that dara has a man already and he's not in position to be mad. I think I'll just let the time heals my wounded heart.

 

 

               -Aigoo, I really have not much to say for the question needs your point of view about it, and I can't really tell you my answer 'cause it will give you an idea of what will happen next. So thank you so much for your answers. By the way, you guys gave me ideas of what to do next and I hope you'll watch out for my updates. It's going to be very iinteresting  from now on. Thank you. *flying kiss to everyone.

 

 

And for my 30th question, (I am very curious about this so please answer me)

 

"What does SOULMATES means?"

 

 

 

Keep on Smiling,

 

 

Don't forget that,

Aeiya-luvs-u