What A Brother Can Do

Bridge To His Heart

 

DARA's POV

 

I smiled while watching Minzy dragging Jiyong inside the house, leaving me totally forgotten and my brother who looks so pissed but at the same time pitiful. That scene is really worth watching for. I never saw my brother totally surrender like that to what just Minzy did to him. And I never even imagined Minzy to make my brother bow down just like that.

 

I remember that Minzy is the one who confessed first before oppa. She's the sweetest girl I've met. Her voice is too soft, sometimes it will sound childlike but cute, not even clumpsy, mature when it comes to the way she thinks and talk, and being prim and proper. So what happened to our donseng Minzy?

 

I chuckled. It's really funny seeing that my brother's got defeated like that. It was even Minzy who asked oppa to be her man. But here's my always cold brother who over-reacts to things concerning me, who stand's so very almighty, and now, he look..., he look so....., pitiful.

 

I didn't even realized that I already am laughing so much, gigling from time to time while picking up the things we bought at the grocery store with Minzy.

 

"Yah!! I know that smile" He rolled his eyes and went towards me to help me carry the bags inside the house.

 

"Oppa, hehehe I can't stop it" I even need something to lean my hands to so that I won't end up on the ground from laughing too much. The way Minzy glared at him, and he just bowed his head as if mumbling the words 'I'm really sorry omma, I won't do that again', it was the best scene ever!.

 

Kyakkk!! hahahaha.

 

"Owhhh, shut up!!" He hissed and smack my head a bit which made me hit my head on the ceiling of the car for I was dragging out few more bags at the backseat. I still end up grinning at him and he just rolled his eyes once again, even gave me a glare whenever I chuckled.

 

I know he's enduring it. What I mean is Minzy's sudden personality change because of her raging hormones from the pregnancy. Still it's too,.... EPIC!!

 

"By the way, why is that guy here?"

 

My chuckles turned to frown. "So what if he's here?" I asked him. Sanghyun's really annoying. I don't really give a damn if Jiyong's here or not. I am not even surprised, and I don't really care at all. But why is he asking me that question when it's too obvious that he's here for Minzy.

 

Well, for the first time in 6 years, I realized that it's the first time for me, Sanghyun, and Jiyong to be together. Together as in, meeting, not for some bonding. It's not a big deal issue anyway, it's just that I remember those days where oppa will always ask Jiyong to take care of me while he's outside the country. He really likes Jiyong and they would even drink together at our home while they locked me inside my room just for me to study harder, not literally speaking okay.

 

But things are different now. I know my brother is still trying to protect me from Jiyong, still angry at him, won't even forgive him. I even asked him to forgive Jiyong just for Minzy's sake, but I'm still seeing how pissed he is at him. It's pissing me off too.

 

I can't blame Sanghyun if he carry those past until now. As much as I want them to be close again, but as I said, oppa's a mighty one, it's hard for him to forgive. So there's nothing for me to do.

 

I turn around to face the other way and carry the bags inside the house while Sanghyun grabbed what's left inside the car. "Did you tell him that you're coming here?" He responded with a question.

 

What the heck!

 

"So what if I told him?"

 

"Then he's here for you" He pointed. That made me rolled my eyes and just walk towards the door.

 

Nonsense!

 

"What are you talking about oppa? Is he not allowed to visit Minzy?" I stopped and glanced at him on my back. "Why are you so damn frustrating oppa?" I uttered and began to walk ahead once more. He's a kill joy.

 

"Yah, don't talk to me like that"

 

"Then stop being so frustrating. There's no reason for Jiyong to follow me here? What for anyway? What made you believe that he's here for me?" I whispered enough for him to hear. Yeah, what made him think that way.

 

Shoot! Don't tell me....

 

I once again turned to face him. "You know something, don't you?"

 

There, I saw him avoiding my gaze and that means I was right. He know something. That is why he is saying this bull for there is someone who made him think this way. I knew it. It's that beast! "What do you know!!?" I hissed and pouted.

 

"N-Nothing" He glanced at the grocery bags, not paying attention on my question.

 

"Come on! Tell me! What did Minho say to you?" I glared at him when his eyes went to watch me.

 

"Aishht. Fine! Minho told me that Jiyong confessed to you, I'm just concerned alright. What if he's trying to win you over again?"

 

I knew it! That beast!! Aigoo. I told him last week about Jiyong's confession at the beach a month ago and it was because I lost the bet and it was his condition that if he won, he wanted me to tell him everything that happened on that night before he found me crying at the seashore.

 

"He's not trying to win me over. He has a girlfriend. If Minho forgot to tell you this then let me remind you, I don't have feelings for him anymore. He confessed to me but so what? I turned him down. We are just being friends and it will stay like that. And, sorry to disappoint you, he is not here for me for I did not even told him that I am here, so can we just drop the issue? I am really tired of explaining everything, explaining that damn past" I reached the door and opened it. Anger could be heard on my voice.

 

It took him awhile to respond. We enter their huge living room. Jiyong and Minzy are sitting at the couch face to face. I could sometimes hear Minzy laughing that helped me release my frustrations, so I smiled weakly.

 

I glanced at Jiyong and gasp gently when I saw his eyes darted on mine. I suddenly felt some chills somewhere outside my body. What the hell was that? I cleared my throat and smiled at him, even gave him a sign language that tells 'I am going to the kitchen, I'll just leave you two alone'. I saw him nod then I began to walk ahead.

 

I reached the kitchen. I placed all the bags at the kitchen table and began to unpack the goods and put those goods on the fridge and some are on their kitchen cabinets.

 

Not later, I saw my brother entered the kitchen area. He was just looking at me then he stopped after putting the bags on the table while facing me face to face. I heard him sigh, even closed his eyes for a brief moment.

 

"I'm sorry" He mumbled and gave me a smile. His handsome face made me smile back at him.

 

"It's alright. Just don't jump into conclusion if you don't even know the real situation. Arasso?" I blinked twice and continue what I was doing.

 

"Deh" He nodded and comb his hair with his fingers. Gosh, Sanghyun has a habit of fixing his hair here and then without even knowing it. But everytime he does that, it will always make every girl bow at him. He got the swag you now. Just like Jiyong.

 

Ohh Hell!! what am I thinking? How come Jiyong popped inside my thoughts?

 

"Just don't expect me to talk to that guy. I still hate him" He added. Well, I couldn't do anything with what he said. I understand him as to why he still hates Jiyong. "What are you preparing anyway?" He suddenly asked while I am in the middle of slicing an apple.

 

"Ohh a fruity snack for the two" I once again watch the sliced apple, oranges and grapes then put them on a plate.

 

"Then, give me some," I gigled when he opened his mouth, leaning a little closer, pressing his elbows on the table, waiting for me to feed him. I get a slice of apple and brought it to his mouth then he did the same to me which I happily accepted. We both hummed with the sweetnes and juiciness of the apple.

 

"Sweet" He uttered then began to pout his mouth. That pout means he want to kiss my forehead. He loves to kiss me on the forehead since I was a child. So I leaned forward and press my forehead on his cute lips and gave it a loud smooch just as what he always do. It's a simple way of showing how much he loves me and I to him.

 

I leaned away then continue slicing another apple. Minutes past I grabbed the two plates and asked my brother to prepare Minzy a warm fresh milk. "You sure?" He asked and raised one brow. Minzy's always whining that she don't want to drink milk for she hate the taste and would always blame Sanghyun. It was oppa who told me that yesterday after my arrival. Poor oppa.

 

"Don't worry, I'll help you out" I winked.

 

I left the kitchen and went straight to the two laughing together at the living room.

 

"Snack time" I cheered, joining the two.

 

"Wow. Thank you unnie" Minzy did an aegyo right after seeing the food I brought which made me and Jiyong to glance at each other and laughed, suddenly remembered our sweet little Minzy.

 

Jiyong stood up and get the plate out of my hand after I offered it to him. He bowed down a bit and whispered "Thank you Dara" He grinned then gave me a place to sit. And that seat is beside him. So I just followed his lead and sat beside him. My eyes went to watch him from head to toe. I didn't even realized that Jiyong looked different today. Maybe it's because of his clothes. It's the Jiyong I knew who's always making fashion trends all the time. He is cool and.... fine, he is very handsome too.

 

For just some seconds on my seat, Sanghyun joined us. I thought he wants to join us, but looks like he just gave Minzy the milk which I ask him to get and then grabbed my hand, dragging me away from Jiyong. I stood beside him, while Minzy's busy whining about drinking the milk, didn't even realized what had just happened. I gasped, Jiyong frown while my brother's glaring at him.

 

I know my brother's being paranoid right now, but I can't do anything about that. Thank goodness Minzy's whining and sulking on her seat while staring at the glass of milk. Sanghyun told me that Minzy always whines about what she felt whenever she's drinking milk, its as if she's going to vomit just with the taste of it.

 

"Can I drink this later before going to sleep?" I saw how minzy rolled her eyes after glaring at Sanghyun. I then took a glance on him and he lip mouthed ' I told you, she won't like it'. I am laughing deep inside, almost forgot his paranoid mode.

 

He was about to answer Minzy when I tightened my grip on his hand and answered Minzy myself. "Then I'll prepare you another glass of milk later in the evening, then tommorow morning, and in lunch and then another glass before I go to the airport if you don't want to drink that. How about it?" I gigled and heard a frustrating groan from Minzy.

 

"Wahh unnie, you are torturing me" She and her nonstop whines.

 

"I am not torturing you. Milk is good for you and my nephew, so stop your whines or I'll prepare another glass of milk after you finish that one" I pointed at the glass of milk she's holding.

 

"No!, I-I am fine with this unnie. I'll drink it" She then turned her head towards my brother "Thank you honey" She pouted and blinked at Sanghyun. It was so cute that I gigled and when I glanced at my brother, there I saw his eyes sparkled. I saw the love in his eyes. How I wish I have someone to love, as in true love. I always do some aegyos on Minho anyways, acting so childish but cute, but it's still not enough. I want more. I want to love someone so deeply just like how I loved Jiy---.. Darn it! I shouldn't think this way. And damn it to hell!! Why did I glanced at him, Jiyong?

 

We exchanged glances but I saw how his eyes twinkled, but with sadness. Maybe his mouth is smiling but his eyes don't. A pair of beautiful dark brown eyes who's staring sadly at mine.

 

What is it Jiyong? Why do you look so sad?

 

"Honey, Can I borrow my sister for awhile?"

 

I suddenly frown at my brother? Why does he need to drag me away from Jiyong just like that when he can just ask me to go with him. Aigoo.

 

"Oh sure. I've been dragging Dara from here to there, didn't even realized that you both need some siblings talk. Go ahead, I'm enjoying Jiyong's company anyway" she muttered but I gaped at her. It sounds as if I'm no longer needed. I smirked but didn't let one of them to see that.

 

"Then we'll go ahead" I watched him walked near MInzy for a brief kiss then when he turned around facing Jiyong, I saw the way he glared at him and said, "You, take care of my wife" then went to grab my hand.

 

"Neh hyung, I will" Jiyong softly whispered, even stood up and bowed a little to Sanghyun but got ignored by him. Instead, dragged me out of the place while I heard Minzy saying how sorry she is for my brother's cold attitude towards him.

 

Do I need to feel sorry for him?, or just be glad because he deserved it? Still, I pity him and one thing is for sure, I hate how my brother's treating him like someone that needs to be put in jail for the crime he did to me. Poor him.

 

*******

 

"What was that?" I asked Sanghyun while pulling away my hands against his.

 

"What?" I slowed down from walking for he was leading the way to God knows where. We were already outside their home and were heading down the street, passing some stores and pedestrian lane. He just walk ahead while I groaned.

 

"Ohh, oppa you know what I'm talking about" I sighed while following him behind. Whining like a child. He is so mean to him. I didnt like that.

 

"I just don't want to see you with him. I hate it Dara. End of the topic and no buts"

 

"Aigoo oppa. Don't be too hard on him"

 

"Why do you care anyway? I told you I can't forgive that guy"

 

"But he's still my fri--- friend" Why did that made me hesitate.

 

He suddenly stop just to give me an annoyed glare. "Drop it Dara. A friend? You see him as a friend? He even throw away the friendship you once saved? Tell me, is that really okay with you?"

 

Is it really okay with me for us to stay as friends? I know it will always be awkward. I know that deep inside my heart I am cursing him, I am hating him, but why can't I hate him totally? I too am curios as to what's stopping me from hating him. The happy memories we shared isn't the reason why I'm being nice to him. I don't know what it is, and I don't care anymore. Whatever the situation will lead us, I'll just go with the flow. Of course not to the point that I'm hurting him, myself and the people surrounding us.

 

I admit, I still hold something precious from him. I know that, that's the reason why I could never despise him. I just have to know what it is. So yes, I do see him as a friend. There still a part of me that tells me that it would be great if he's still my bestfriend.

 

"Yes. Oppa he is still a friend" I answered truthfully. I saw him sighed and turned around once again.

 

He began to walk ahead and I just followed. Within 3 minutes of silence, I realized that we are heading to a park, kids section. I shrugged and glanced at the surrounding. There are kids playing, some are jogging, some are resting, some are dating, and some are reading book under a tree. It was a nice place though it'll be dark soon.

 

Without knowing, Sanghyun's already sitting on a swing and next to him is vacant, an empty seat. I walked towards him and sat on the swing, reminiscing the old days where Sanghyun would always brought me to a park and would play with me. A smile appeared on my lips after I played with my seat, swinging from the back to front, totally forgot about our discussion on the street.

 

I gigled and swung more, then I heard myself laughing whenever I reach the sky, not literally touching the sky of course, it's just whenever I'm way above the ground, as if I'm touching the blue-red sky. I then watched Sanghyun on his seat and there's already a smile on his lips while watching me being playful.

 

"Oppa, this is so cool" I half yelled while swinging nonstop. I sometimes release oohs and wows and gigles.

 

"I know" He responded then not long I can already feel him on my back, pushing the chains so that I'll be swinging more. Somehow, I feel lighter as if some of my problems disappeared. It's really a nice feeling and being with oppa like this brought the memories of the two of us playing together. My treasured memories.

 

Minutes past I got tired from too much joy and swung gently.

 

"Did you remember the days where you will always brought me to the nearest park back home?" I began.

 

"Of course. I really missed doing that, that's why I brought you here" He responded then went to sit yet again.

 

"Jungmal? then I have to say thank you" I grinned at him. For 10 minutes on the swing, I felt so alive, felt so much better now. He nod at me and smiled so lovingly.

 

"Wait here, I'll go buy us something to eat" He stood.

 

"Deh!" I cheered and watched him walking away. My smile did not even disappeared. I held on the chains tightlly and lean back facing the sky, some stars already twinkling for it's getting darker and darker each seconds past.

 

How I wish I'll stay like this. Happy all the time. How I wish I can be with Sanghyun all the time, spend my days with him, spend the rest of my life this happy. My brother really knows how to make me smile, how to make me feel better. But it has to end, for tomorrow..., I will leave again.

 

Time is moving too fast and we can only reminisce the old days. How I really want to reminisce all that had past but I have to block some of them because they are not worth remembering anymore.

 

"Here you go" I turned my head to the owner of the voice and grinned at him once again. Sanghyun gave me a small pack of cookies and a small cup of ice cream. A good combinaton that is perfect for this moment.

 

"Thank you oppa" That came from my heart.

 

"You're welcome" He smiled back and opened the ice cream cup for me then hand it back to me. I scoop spoonful and brought it to my lips, letting it melt inside my mouth.

 

"Yummy" I gigled once more. Minutes past of eating what he bought, I glanced at him and saw him eating cookies while watching the already dark sky. I know he's thinking something.

 

"Oppa" I called softly, trying to get his attention and when he looked back at me, I continued. "Just for today, I will let you ask me whatever you want to ask but on one condition, you can't argue with my answer" I began and he nodded. I just want to give hm some token of my gratitude. I do know that he has lots of questions he do want to ask me. "What is it then?" I added.

 

"Do you still love him?"

 

"Wow, that fast huh?" I laughed weakly and looked away just to watch the horrizon. "No.... No more oppa. I don't love him anymore. Truth is, I too am angry at him just like you do, but if I keep that anger inside of me, I won't get better, I could never move on. Look at me oppa.." I faced him and when he stared into my eyes, I smiled. "Is it the face of a girl who became so stupid when in love? Or is it the face of a woman who once got hurt but now she's already happy?"

 

It took him a while to answer but then he smiled and looked away then went to stare into my eyes once more. He smiled as much as I am to him. "You look happy now Dara and that's really great. But--"

 

"No arguing with my answer, remember? Now it's my turn to ask again" I gigled and pat his thigh.

 

"No fair"

 

"It's our rule. We have to answer the question but should end with a question to the other"

 

"You didn't even said that"

 

"But now you heard me" I chuckled and tucked some of my hair on my ears to have a better view of him.

 

He rolled his eyes" Aigoo. Fine your turn"

 

"Why did you ask that? I mean the question if I still love him?"

 

I saw him blinked.

 

"I am afraid. After your return to Korea, everyday I am always afraid that my little girl will get hurt again. What if you fall for him the second time around?"

 

"A what-if question huh? Tch *smirk* then what if I don't?"

 

"Just answer my question or......, are you trying to get out of the question?"

 

"Fine! Oppa, if I fall in love with him again then leave everything to me. If I want a relationship with him, then it's me alone who should think about what to do. If I got hurt, then I have to blame myself, but that doesn't concern anybody, it's me alone. It's my decision so all I can ask is a little rest from all those hurtful past, from all this criticism, and these kind of questions because I have the future to take care of" I tapped his thigh. "Oppa stop worrying about me. All I'm trying to say is, I'm open for anybody, I can love and I want to be loved. My door isn't close yet. If I fell in love with him, then it's the decision I made. I just hope you'll support me in every of my decision. Will you?"

 

It took him like 5 minutes before he answered. I weakly smile and watch the reddish to bluish sky above.

 

"I really don't know Dara. I won't get angry with you but having a relationship with him, that is a different matter. I don't think I will approve it" I glanced at him and saw him smiled. He then lift his hand and touched my cheeks, and tucked my hair behind my ears. "Im sorry princess, but I'll do the best I can to forget this hatred. I love you too much Dara, How about you?"

 

I kissed his palm and smiled back. "I love you the same way you love me oppa. But hey... Why are we talking about falling in love with Jiyong when I have a lover to take care of back in Seoul?"

 

"Hahaha. Yeah I forgot about Minho. I wish it's him not the other him. You are right, I shouldn't ask that 'if' question. I'm really sorry. I know you don't want to talk about him and still I pushed the matter to you. I'm really sorry. Will you forgive me?"

 

"Of course I will forgive you, you're my only ally." I gigled. "Do you have another question?"

 

"Hmmn yeah, I have two more question. How do you feel about MInho?"

 

My cheerfulness return. I grinned at him and playfully answered his question. "I love him. He's the one oppa. He's the sweetest, kindest, handsomest, guy I have ever met. He saved me oppa, he showed me the way on how to move on. I thought love is cruel but he gave me an idea that love can turn the hatred to happiness. Love could cause pain but only love could ease the pain. I know now. I thank him too much for that. I love him, I wish he loves me too. What do you think?"

 

"Of course he loves you Dara. I'm just curious as to why you and him aren't official yet?"

 

"I don't know too. What I know is that, there is something that's pulling us apart. Even though he confessed to me and I to him but there is still no progress. None. What do you think is the reason oppa?"

 

"The past Dara. It's your past. Don't you think it's time for you and Jiyong to talk?"

 

"But we already talked oppa. What do we need to talk about?"

 

"Maybe it wasn't enough Dara. I know that you know what I'm trying to say. Right?"

 

It's my turn to be silent. I looked at the almost dark sky and can already see some sparkling stars. I know what he's talking about but I don't want to talk about it. It's no the time yet, or maybe I should just keep it to myself. "Okay. Looks like we really need to talk" I looked at him and swing a bit. I must change the topic before hearing it directly through his mouth. That certain past must be forgotten. "Anyway, what about you oppa, how do you feel about Minho as my lover?" I tried to smile then grinned with the term I used.

 

He laughed. "Lover huh?.. That's quite a term. Minho's the opposite of Jiyong when it comes to love which I really like about him. He's gentle, mighty, strong, and very handsome of course, almost all the good traits, he has it. He's the guy who would never hurt a girl, a woman, and a lady. He's everything that a woman needs. He's just like me" He then laughed.

 

I puffed my cheeks to keep me silent. I didn't say a word for 30 seconds and when he realized that I was keeping a laughter to myself, he groaned. "What??" I then laughed and not long gave him grin.

 

"You lost oppa. You are too full of yourself that you forgot to ask a question at the end of your statement. Hehehe. So looks like I will have my piggyback ride until we reach home" I clapped my hands twice and stood up after eating the ice cream on my hands, waiting for him to carry me on his back.

 

I saw him widen his eyes the smiled in the end. "Shoot. I still have my last question"

 

"Mianhe. The question and answer portion is over" I chuckled and saw him reached my empty cup and throw it on the nearest garbage bin. He returned to me with a sour face and turned to his back in front of me..

 

"Aigoo Dara. You're not a child anymore, you even look so heavy to me" He began to lower his back for me to grasp on. When he lifted me up, I gigled. I missed this.

 

"I only weigh 42 kg and minzy's 51. So I'm much lighter you know" I positioned my arms circling his neck and lean my head on his head while his hands support my legs.

 

"Yah. It's still better if it's Minzy rather than you because I'm willing to carry her everyday"

 

I then slapped his forehead for his punishment. I got goosebumps to what he just said. That's..."eww oppa. Don't talk like that to me" I slapped his forehead once again.

 

"That hurts. Stop it! What's wrong with what I said? Aigoo. Your head is full of green thoughts" He groaned and bump his head to mine while we're heading our way to his house.

 

I laughed while patting the area where he hit his head. I tightened my hold to him and press my forehead on his shoulder while sniffing his musculine scent. He really do smell so nice. I smiled then whispered to his ears. "I love you oppa" I then kissed his shoulders and lean on it. Closing my eyes.

 

I felt him kissed hy head. It was so gentle but I feel the love. I know he's smiling. I never felt this comfortable for this past 6 years. I realized that it's the first time for us to be together like this, going to a park, and carry me like this. I can only wish that our parents should smile and protect us even when their in heaven.

 

I suddenly felt sleepy. I yawn and smile. "Oppa your back is too soft, broad and so wide. May I sleep here?" I asked.

 

"Just sleep my princess"

 

"Hmmn. Oppa what's your last question anyway?" I asked sleeply.

 

"Ohh ahhmm. I-It was nothing" he stuttered.

 

I frowned while in closed eyes. Why is he stuttering? I then just forgot about it and let myself fall asleep in his broad back.

 

_______________________________________________

 

Sanghyun walked, crossing the street, passing some stores, and passing a busy crowd. He walked with a sad face, sighing from time to time. He should be happy that he's with his sister but all the things that they had talk about, it feels as if Dara still hasn't moved on totally. She's still embracing Jiyong in her heart. The way she talked, the way her eyes would soften, the way she smile, and the way she nod her head when she doesn't want to answer his questions gave him that idea.

 

He tightened his hold on her and secured her at his back, made sure that his little sister is safe and comfortable while his head is full of thoughts. Thoughts that he wanted to say to her but could hurt his sister more than she's already hurting.

 

All that he could do is to keep it in and wish for his thoughts to reach her.

 

How could you forget him just like that? 6 years already past but it is not enough for you to get over with Jiyong. Both of you are connected and would stay like that forever. You will always have a place in your heart for Jiyong Dara. How I wish I could change everything but there's nothing I could do. I can only be cold to him, angry at him, because he marked you as his, and you did the same thing to him, you marked him as yours........, for stealing something precious from him.?

 

I hate the idea that both of you are locked together, both are searching for the keys but have no idea that the two of you holds both keys.

 

As mush as I dont want you to love him, and just love Minho instead, but here I am pushing all the matters to you, pushing Jiyong to you, pushing the past which you wanted to forget, and I'm really sorry my dear sister if I'm being like this. All I want is for you to be happy but I know you will pass for another round of pain and suffering before you will get to the finish line. That day is coming for you, specially now that you're acquianted yet again with him. It's nearing Dara, or maybe it's already here.

 

I am pushing everything to you, asking questions which you hate because I want you to understand that the past can never be forgotten Dara...., for you did something wrong. I saw how you almost lost your life, I saw how much you suffered, I saw all the tears you had shed, I understand the reason why you left,.... but, everything comes with a price. A mistake should be amended not to be avoided. Doing a mistake should be punished and not to be awarded. A mistake is an open wound, it is not a scar for it will always bleed everytime, but only the mistake could heal one's wound, if only you take responsibility of what you did Dara.

 

I remember you said that I am being mean to him, but Dara you're more cruel than I am. The more you prolong it, the more serious and painful it gets in the end. I remember you said that something's in the way between you and Minho, when it's obvious that you know the answer. You just don't want to think about him, Jiyong, instead displacing it to something else. I don't understand as to how you can still smile at him when you're being so mean to him.

 

You are so unfair princess. Mom and Dad, you are both so unfair to me as well. Why are both of you so quiet there in heaven and gave me nothing even just a piece of what to do with your daughter, with my lovely sister. So unfair! How could you gave me the burden to see my sister in pain, hurt, and hurting someone she had loved.

 

Dara, I'm scared. I'm even more scared to ask you that one last question because I know it will break you. Even just the thought of it made my heart hurt a bit. It was my intention to stop our little play time a while ago just to avoid that question. I really do want to ask you this but I feared the reaction I will get from you.

 

Sanghyun bit his lower lip to stop it from trembling while he remembered everything, the past that gave him that kind of fear from his sister. Something he would wish to just be dead rather than see it coming again.

 

I remember you that time Dara. I remember myself almost asking 'what had happened to you?'. You were like.... like...... Oh God! ! I can never brought this up for I don't want to remember that certain past.

 

If only that didn't happen, maybe it will be easy for me to ask you this......,

 

Sanghyun's body started trembling and feared that it will waken Dara. So he walked fast across the streets and reach his house before he broke into tears. He don't want to remember anymore but it's like his mind is involuntarily releasing those prisoned memories out from their double locked prison cells that brought him to almost ask this last question.

 

 

'Don't you think it's time for you to tell him the truth?'

 

****

 

Unknown to Sanghyun a pair of eyes is watching them from afar. Jiyong frowned as to why Sanghyun looks pale while almost running just to reach their house. Just a while ago, Minzy excused herself to go to the bathroom but he sneaked away and followed the two sibings. He doesn't know the reason why he did that, but feel like it.

 

He was about to grab Dara and drag her away so that he could be alone with her when Sanghyun went to buy an ice cream. He was close to doing some less move. Still, he enjoyed watching her playing on the swing, smiling while facing the sky while he was hiding from his cap and a newspaper he grabbed from the garbage can while sitting at the nearest bench close to them.

 

Actually he's mad at her as to why she failed to inform him that she's going to visit her brother and Minzy. He knows that it does not concern him, yet he is too pissed at her. He is more angry at Dara rather than Sanghyun who gave him the cold shoulder. It's as if Dara wanted to get away from him as early as possible.

 

I can actually drive her here if she just told me. I thought we grew closer this past two weeks but I'm afraid that maybe Dara is just acting towards me. I hate that. I don't want her to get angry at me, although she has the right but that's what I feel. I don't want her to be angry at me, I don't want to see her afraid of me.

 

I want to touch her, hold her, hug her, talk to her, be with her all the time. Even right this moment, right now, always, I want her with me. I'm just keeping this love inside, but it's getting painful and painful.

 

Dara how can I fall out of love with you? Just how?

 

_________________________________________________

 

DARA's POV

 

No! No! Stop!! Stop!!

 

"No!!!!" I screamed and slowly opened my eyes. It was totally dark and I was panting so hard. That nightmare again. My hands went to cover my eyes but then I felt it was wet, wet with my tears. Darn it!! that nightmare again... Why oh why is that nightmare always haunting me?? Is it because that day is nearing again? I remember it will be next month, it's that time of the year again.. It's coming yet again!!

 

"Pleae no more.. Please no more!!" I whispered breathlessly, while burrying my head between my pressed knees, hugging them so tight, rocking myself back and forth.

 

Everytime that nightmare come to me, I always felt so alone. I learned how to be tough and be brave all by myself, but everytime that nightmare happens, I always seek for help. I want someone to be there for me. It was Minho who's always there for me.

 

Speaking of him, I began to roam my eyes throughout the darkness and realized I was in my room. The last thing I remembered is when I was in oppa's back. Shoot! lookes like I slept from that time to now. I reached for my lamp to turn it on. When light flashes before my eyes, my gaze went to roam around again here in my huge bedroom, and that made me feel suffocated. I feel like there's no one else, no sounds outside, no one. I pant.

 

I'm all alone. "Oppa!!"I sobbed. I started tearing and trembling. I saw how big my room is but why is it that I'm the only one here? Where is everyone?. "Oppa" I called once more but no one replied.

 

"Sanghyun oppa, where are you?" I whispered. My body is now trembling or maybe shaking.

 

I don't want to be alone.. Don't let me be alone.. No!! No!! No!!

 

I began to walk out from my bed and reached for my phone. I hurriedly dialled Minho's number but in 3 rounds of call, he still don't answer. "Where are you Minho.. I need you!! I'm scared Minho yahh. Save me please!" I pleaded. I dialled 5 times more but still nothing came. I went to sit on my bed again for I already lost the energy to stand up. My knees is trembling too much and watching my room this big is reminding me of my nightmare. I'm all alone again!! I'm all alone.

 

I dialled and dialled his phone number until my hand can't grasp the phone anymore, instead it landed on my feet. I cried. Tears are continously flowing down my cheeks.

 

I tried to stand again and went to open the door. Darkness is all that I see and the small light coming from my room. I walked, though I want to run towards Sanghyun and Minzy's room upstairs, but I can't because it feels like my knees will lose all the energy any minute.

 

"Oppa" That came as a whisper though I want to scream but my voice only releases pants and purrs. It feels like I'm running out of oxygen any minute.

 

Because my room was at the ground floor area, facing the garden, then that made my room placed at the very corner of the house and too far away from the stairs. I don't even know where the main switches are. Why is there no people around. What time is it anyway?

 

"Oppa" I uttered again. My eyes is getting blurry now because of my tears but no one came to rescue me. And where is that damn stairs. I don't see anything now? Oh my Gosh!! No!!

 

"Oppa" I called again. I was about to give up my search when I heard someone's calling my name. It wasn't Sanghyun. The voice is too familiar. I heard it from my back but I can't see him. My vision is already gone because of the darkness and the loud beating of my scared heart is making me tremble a bit more. It hurts.

 

"Dara? Is that you?"

 

I knew that voice. I turned around and found that I'm already runing towards him. I know where he is. I knew where he is all along.

 

"Jiyong"

 

Finally I felt him between my hands, I circled my hands on his stomach and embraced him so tight and just after that, lights came to turn on. Burrying my head on his chest, I know it was Jiyong, his unique scent told me so. I knew it is him.

 

"Dara? what happened?" I felt his arms on my back, patting it gently and that made me tighten my hold on him. For once, I felt so relieve. This comfort and security is incomparable if I'm with Minho. This feels great.

 

"Ji, Don't leave me. Please" I whispered too softly but still I'm a bit breathless, still panting as if someone's chasing me.

 

"I will never leave you Dara"

 

I heard him said. It was so soft and gentle. His voice is like a lullabye. I then felt a light smooch on my head and weakly smiled when I felt him tightened his hold on me.

 

Why do I feel so comfortable when it's with Jiyong, even when he's a part of that nightmare I just had. Why oh why?

 

"Thank you" See? I even thank him. But at least I know that I'm not all alone. Yet, I can't stop crying.

 

"Don't cry Dara"

 

_______________________________________________

 

 

At last an update!...I'm really sorry yeorubun for being such a lousy author. How can I make it up to you? But I hope you'll enjoy reading the updated chapter.

 

Curios much? I told y'ah. It's the start of the best part.. kkkkkkkk. Thanks to my readers for supportiing me and I gave my thanks to all who subscribed. I love you all. Have a wonderful day ahead. *kiss

 

 

``Are you willing to enter a relationship even if you knew you`ll  going to get hurt?``

 

 

sandaragon I'm still willing 2 enter dat relationship even I know I'm going 2 hurt becoz I believe dat once u enter a relationship it means u already prepared yourself 2 be hurt. 

             - Yes dear it does make sense. At least I know you're not scared to love 'coz some people are.

 

dezri28 Yes, as long as I'm not hurting anyone. Call me a masochist but loving someone should be a great feeling especially when that someone loves you back. But life is full of uncertainties. It's not always full of happiness. Eventually you would really get hurt. But to love is to sacrifice, right?

             - Loving is a sacrifice.  *sigh* That's painful to hear but it tells us that loving is not easy yet it can give you all the pleasure you want, but it's up to us if we want to sacrifice or not. Let's just hope everyone should get serious and not to play around because it's the reason why there are people who chose to be alone rather that to love. Let`s all be brave and make the right decision. Do you agree?

 

Mahzy19 there is no perfect relationship either way you will get hurt unintentional or not....love and hurt is inseparable feeling... you will never know that you love until you don't feel hurt...entering unto relationship that you know from the start that you'll gonna end up hurt is a brave choice to make... its up to you how you handle your feeling....you've got to pay the price what ever it may takes....the important is at least you tried no hard feelings and regret at all

             - Wow, I love it, and yes you are right, those who chose to sacrifice is a form of bravery `coz sacrifice don`t exist if it`s not because of you, believing in yourself. Let`s just hope everyone should make the right decision `coz it`ll be really painful if that sacrifice lead to become a garbage, just a waste.

 

Chrngu - I believe in every relationship there will be some hurt. It just varies with everyone. The relationship will only last if you can get past the hurt and heal from it. If a person is hurting too much, that is when they should leave. It takes a lot of courage to enter a relationship. I would take the risk as long as I am certain there are some feelings there.

             - Yes it really takes a lot of courage to enter a relationship. But courage is not enough, even bravery is not enough `coz there are situations which, us being courageous or being brave cause us pain beyong the word PAIN if it won`t be rewarded by getting the outcome of our sacrifice.  We should choose the right decision wether to sacrifice or not, be hurt or not because there are certain situations that we are sacrificing for someone who isnt worthy of our love. I believe that we are the one who`s causing ourselves more pain. It should be courage and bravery plus a right decision equals love to last a lifetime.  I admire you for saying that you`ll take the risk. Just be careful okay and make the right decision.*wink

 

132901 YES! I don't want to live in regrets and what if's. I always believe that there is no assurance in our life. That every minute and every second of our life is a gamble. 

             - Every minute and every second of our life is a gamble. WAHHH Im learning a lot from my readers. Gambling is bad so be careful or else youll fall from that bridge and would be lost just like this story.

 

 jovintimothyFor me to be in a relationship is a risk because only God knows if you two are really meant for each other...the relationship would either work or not..that's why as what my aunt told you need to pray for your partner and for your relationship to stay strong in whatever adversity you may encounter but theagain if the two of you are really not meant to be you can never stop heavens from separating you..and all you need is to accept it..being hurt is always part of a relationship..at the same time being hurt makes us stronger and wiser in dealing upcoming problems that may exist when we finally find the one destined for us

             - Yes, Love is not set that we will be happy all the times. Its not balance right? so to balance love is for us to get hurt. You said being hurt makes us stronger and wiser, yes I agree with you. Having a lot of hurtful experiences will teach us how to be wiser when it comes to love. I just hope everyone will be wiser when in dealing with a decision.

 

Miss_Prei For me, if I really love the person, I guess I'll take my chances. I might get hurt in the end but it's better than to regret that I didn't try my hardest in making him fall for me. It's better to have memories with him than nothing at all.

           - Wow. I dont know what to say. Itès good to know that you will endure the pain if the outcome is not what you are trying to reach, or what you are trying to get. Love is pain. *sigh

 

gelliii512 Yes. No pain, no gain. It's that simple. I don't know why people complicate it too much.

             - Because there are still people who arent born as wiser as you are.

 

anna0315 - love is just so unpredictable even if you will avoid it,circumstances will just pop out and you'll never realize the person destined for you is just around the corner:) 

            - Unpredicable you say? Yes, we really dont get what we want. Just like love, if its not for us then give up, if you cant then youll get hurt.

 

 

For my 24th question,

 

"What would be your top priority to least priority?  (as of the moment. I want to hear your own opinion not the general, arasso?).......... Arrange this into sequence: a) Actions (inc. flirts, play, flings)  b) Heart   c) Mind     "

 

 

 

Keep on smiling,

 

 

Aeiya-luvs-u