§ Staying?

Through A Sasaeng Fan's Camera Lens

Jaekyung (YOU) POV:

I'm sorry if this is not the life you expected me to live. I'm truly sorry.

Umma, appa, I miss you so much.

I really regret coming back to Korea.

"This is your flight attendant speaking."

I'm sorry if this is not the life you expected me to live. I'm truly sorry.

"Umma...what's happening?"

China was a lot better. I told you we shouldn't have moved back.

"Please stay calm."

Why didn't you listen? If you guys did, you would be alive!

"Umma! Appa!"

If you listened, I wouldn't be like this.

"Jaekyung!"

No one listens to me.

I shot up, panting as if I ran a thousand marathons.

"It was just a dream," I said to myself as if it would calm me down.

"Hyung, what happened?" a voice said.

I blinked, confused at the situation. I looked around and my eyes widened.

I was laying down on a pull-out couch mattress with a blanket on top of me. I was in a familiar apartment.

Wait, was I kidnapped?

Fear started rushing to me.

"Uh, hello?" Another voice said.

I whipped my head around to see a boy who was carefully approaching the mattress and 4 other boys behind the couch.

I focused on the faces and screamed, "ACK!" The boy quickly scurried away with the other 4 boys.

Anger started rushing to me because I now knew who kidnapped me.

Xiumin, Luhan, Tao, Kai and Sehun's eyes widened in horror.

"ALL OF YOU!" I shouted as I pointed at them.

"I'm, I mean w-we're sorry! We didn't mean too frighten you! I'm Kim Minseok but you may call me Xiumin-ssi. That's Lu-"

"HOW DARE YOU KIDNAP ME!"

"K-kidnap you?!"

"WHERE AM I?! WHY AM I HERE?! YOU'RE GOING TO DO BAD THINGS TO ME! OF COURSE YOU WOULD DO THAT TO SOMEONE WHO'S NOT YOUR FAN! URG! I CAN CALL THE POLICE!"

"N-no! We didn't kidnap you! Don't misunderstand!" Luhan said, waving his hands.

"Wait, you know who we are, don't you?" Kai said with a devious smirk.

"I know you! You're the girl who wath there when I wath taking out the trath!" Sehun said in his stupid lisp.

Kai laughed to himself, "And you're the girl I asked soy sauce from. Hyung why would you rescue her?"

I stuck out my tongue. I was furious by the fact that I'm even in their dorm.

Wait...rescue her?

I thought back for a moment at the incident that happened. Me. Miyoung. Getting kicked out. Getting knocked out. Fainting.

One of them must've saved me when I fainted.

I blushed at the thought. Kai must've picked it up when he said, "Aw is someone being grateful that she was rescued by the famous Luhan of EXO-M?"

I got annoyed by his words, "Yah! Shut up! I don't even like you big, air headed jerks!"

Tao gasped a little. All 5 were pretty much in total shock. 

"You mean you're not our-" 

"Of course I'm not your fan! I'd rather go live in the streets again than stay here!" I said, interrupting Sehun who has finally spoken properly.

Luhan scoffed, "Well then don't, you can go back to your apartment."

I sighed. Just then, the rest of EXO came in.

"Happy? We bought food." Kris said.

"Oh, we have a guest." Suho said acknowledging my existence. All the EXO members looked at me.

Lay's eyes widened, "Haven't I seen you around here?" He snapped his fingers, "Oh yeah! We'd always see each other in the elevators!"

I blushed.

"Wait! I recognize you. I saw you earlier at our promotion. You were in the front row, taking pictures." Kris said.

Wait...where is my camera?!

I started panicking and looked around the room.

"But... If you're not a fan then why do you have so many pictures of us?" Tao said innocently.

"YOU WENT THROUGH MY CAMERA?!" I shouted.

"Someone needs to explain herself," Kai said with this time, a serious tone.

Narrator's POV:

"Look, I'm not willingly a sasaeng fan...actually not a fan at all. More like I had no choice but to be one," You explained.
 
You could just feel the confusion in the room.
 
"You're a sasaeng fan?" 
 
"So you do know who we are?"
 
"Why did you faint?"
 
"You're not a fan, but you stalk us?"
 
"What do you mean you had no choice?"
 
"Don't you live downstairs?"
 
Questions and questions filled the room. 
 
"OKAY! Let me explain!" You sighed.
 
"We're listening...erm, what's your name?" Suho said.
 
"Not important. But long story short, I was born in Korea, lived most my life in China, moved back to Korea. When my parents and I moved back to Korea, the plane...it crashed...at least that's what I think...and both my parents died and left me alone in Korea with nothing and no one. I was living in the streets for 1 month before a man offered me a job as a sasaeng fan for EXO. I needed money to provide for myself so I did what I had to do."
 
The room fell silent. You shifted at the awkward situation, still sitting on the pull out couch.
 
"Where do you live now?" Chen asked, breaking the silence. 
 
"No where in particular." You answered.
 
"But I keep seeing you in the elevator." Lay said.
 
"Yeah and you were the one that answered the door when I knocked on it." Kai added.
 
"Do you live with the other..fans?" Kris asked. He cringed at the title 'fans'.
 
"I have tons of connections and one of them is the co-manager of this apartment and we-"
 
"Miyoung?!" Luhan shouted.
 
"Ani! The other one, Younghee. Everytime she's in charge, she gives me a room to stay in, not live in. Miyoung, on the other hand, hates me. Because of her, I'm not allowed in this apartment anymore. When she found out that I was staying here tonight, she banned me...again, but this time I could tell she's fed up with me. She dragged me out and started beating me up. That's, um, why I was knocked out on the streets."
 
"Where are you going to live now?" Baekhyun asked.
 
"On the streets again I guess. I wasn't planning on coming back to this apartment because I'm afraid Younghee might lose her job because of me. I can't even a afford a less than decent place to live and I'm not going to live with your little admirers that's for sure." Your heart broke at the fact that you might be living on the streets again.
 
Kris and Suho looked at each other. Kris nodded at him.
 
"No you're not gong to live on the streets. You'll be staying here." Suho said.
 
"WHAT?! Didn't you hear me? I'm banned from this place! I'm taking it seriously because I don't want Younghee to lose her job! Plus I can't live with 12 boys who I completely despise!" You shouted. In no way did you want to stay here and you meant that.
 
"Hyung, she's a sasaeng fan, wouldn't it be dangerous?" Sehun said.
 
"Yeah, I don't know either. We only have enough room for 12 of us." D.O said
 
You was about to protest until Baekhyun spoke up.
 
"Guys didn't we used to go to these measures when we were trainees? And for what? Just being able to debut. Sure I'm really grateful that we're idols now but she's doing this because she has no choice. You wouldn't want to leave her out to die, would you?"
 
The other EXO members mumbled in agreement.
 
"Okay, we'll figure out a room arrangement and set up some rules so that-"
 
"Who said I want to stay here with you guys?" You coldly spit out.
 
"We're not letting you live on the streets on our account." Kris said.
 
"You don't even know me." 
 
"Doesn't matter, we won't let you go with us knowing you have no where to live." Xiumin said.
 
"Let us do this for you. Please, I feel guilty already!" Tao added.
 
You sat there still undecided. 
 
I can't stay at Daejung's. His mom hates me and I can't let Daejung keep saving me again and again. I really don't want Younghee to lose her job but I really don't want to live outside again.
 
"How about this, agree that you'll stay here and we'll give you pictures that will be worth a fortune."
 
You thought about it for a while. "...Fine. But while I'm here, NO FUNNY BUSINESS!"
 
"What do we look like to you? Rapists? We would never do anything like that. I swear." Chanyeol said. The other members nodded their head.
 
"Don't take it the wrong way. It's not like we want you to stay here for our entertainment. No, we're not like that. But we would feel guilty forever if we just let you on your own on the streets. Especially with your story. We just can't. And we trust that you do us no harm." Chen said.
 
They're actually pretty nice.
 
Wait! Get that thought out of my head!
 
You let a smile escape.
 
"T-thank you," you mumbled.
 
"Now! I'll start cooking for dinner! Suho hyung, Baekhyun hyung,Tao and Sehun, you guys help me," D.O said.
 
The five boys went into the kitchen. Chanyeol, Xiumin and Chen sat down on the other couch and started watching TV.
 
You noticed your bag on the one of the side-tables so you stood up to get it. The moment you applied pressure on your feet, you winced in pain by the open cuts Miyoung gave you
 
"OUCH!" You fell back on the pullout couch.
 
All the boys came rushing towards you. "What happened?!"
 
You took off all the blankets that were still tangled on you and saw all the dried out wounds and ugly, dark bruises.
 
"Why didn't you guys do anything about this?!" Lay said.
 
"She was fully clothed and we put a blanket on her because she was freezing before we could notice anything!" Luhan said, defending himself and all the others who had stayed while the rest went out to shop for food.
 
"At least I cleaned her face!" Tao blurted out.
 
You gave him a look.
 
You went through my camera and touched my face?!
 
"I'm sorry! You just had a lot of cuts and your face had a lot of blood on it so I washed it away! Sorry! I'm really sorry!" He said bowing.
 
"Okay, Kris, Luhan, Kai and Lay, take care of her now," Suho commanded.
 
Kris approached me and lifted me bridal style and started walking towards a room. Luhan, Lay and Kai followed.
 
"Wait, what are you doing?!" You shouted. You struggled to get out of Kris's arms but he was clearly in control. Luhan and Lay opened the door to this huge bathroom and went inside looking for items.
 
Kris set you down on the bathtub ledge and left to go get a chair which left Kai sitting next to you.
 
"Don't worry darling, we know how to take care of people," Kai winked at you.