§ Awards: Part Two

Through A Sasaeng Fan's Camera Lens

Jaekyung (YOU) POV:

"JAEKYUNG~" a very hyper Tao cooed.

"What?!" I snapped. Honestly, half of me didn't mean it but the other half did because this kid jumped on my bed and woke me up.

"You know what day it is today?" Tao asked. I raised an eyebrow

"November 30th?" I answered, not sure if it was the correct answer.

"Yeah! And..."

I stared at him, still confused.

"IT'S THE REASON WE'RE IN HONG KONG!" He yelled.

I just woke up so I couldn't put this puzzle together.

"MAMA is tonight!" Tao yelled.

Oh yeah. The Mnet Asian Music Awards.

They were nominated for 'Best New Male Artist of the Year' which was one of the most important rookie awards to win.

They really wanted to win because their sunbaes, SHINee, won that same award when they debuted.

The voting polls already closed so I didn't know if they were in first place or not. 

To be honest, I voted for them a few times. I didn't want them to be all sad in the dorm. Why? Because I'd be the one who has to comfort them.

"C'mon Jaekyung! Get ready! We're leaving in like 4 hours!" Tao cried, jumping on my bed.

"Alright! Just get off, you big panda!" I said. He immediately jumped off and grabbed my wrist to pull me to the kitchen.

"Good morning," they all said. Some of them already had their hair done but none had their tuxes on.

"Morning," I simply said.

"Morning Jaekyung!" I turned around I saw Younghee eating breakfast.

"Oh, good morning," I said, confused.

"They gave me a ticket to Hong Kong and to get you ready for the awards tonight. I'm coming too," she said.

"Really?! You're coming, unnie! YES! Thank you!" I cried.

She giggled, "Don't thank me, thank these 12 men," she said gesturing to EXO.

"N-no way!" I refused.

"We're sitting right next to them and we have good seats. Thank them," she insisted.

I groaned, "Thanks..." I mumbled. The boys chuckled.

"Y-yah don't laugh at me!" I said, which made them laugh even more.

"Whatever, let me just eat," I said. Lay passed me a plate with food on it. After 30 minutes, me and Younghee were done eating and went to Kai and D.O's room again since that's where everything was. The make-up, dresses, shoes and what not.

"Unnie, do you have a dress?" I asked.

"NO! I'm wearing sweats and a tank top," she said sarcastically.

I pouted and glared at her.

After 2 and a half hours of showing, make-up, hair and wardrobe we were finally done.

I was sitting down and watching Younghee looking at herself in the mirror.

Her pink dress and shoes really made her look lovely as she always does. Her hair was in a tight and fancy bun and her make-up was very well done. She looked cute and very pretty.

"Wahhhh unnie! You look incredible!" I said, really being honest.

"Hehe, you think so?"

"Yeah! Any guys would fall for you in an instant."

"W-what do you mean?" She stuttered with a pink face.

 I smirked, "Nothing..." I said.

She pouted, "Seriously!" 

"I'm just saying, you should let Daejung see you like that someday," I said.

"Y-YAH! What are you saying?" 

"Hehe nevermind."

"Aish, I'll never understand you, Seo Jaekyung," she said as she massaged her temples.

"Yeah yeah, now it's my turn!" I said as I scurried to the mirror, shoving Younghee away.

I was taken back from my reflection. I barely looked like myself anymore, in a good way.

I admired my white, flowing dress and lifted it up a bit to see my shoes. My make-up and my hair which was down and slightly curled made me look enchanting.

"See, you look nice. You can make any of those 12 boys out there fall for you for sure!" She said.

I quickly turned to glare at her and she just giggled.

She grabbed my wrist and lead me out the door.

The boys were all waiting in the living room. Some were standing and fixing their suits, some were sitting and the rest were looking in the mirror fixing their hair.

"Ahem," Younghee coughed to get their attention.

They all turned and focused on us. 

"Whoa, so cute!"

"You guys looks very pretty!" 

"Wahhhh you look good!" 

"Very nice!"

They complimented.

"Thank you. You all look very handsome too!" Younghee said.

"Awwww thank you!" They replied.

Younghee nudged me and I looked at her, "What?"

"Say thank you and compliment them!" She commanded.

"W-what?! First the 'thank you' and now this?!" I half whispered and half yelled, "I'm not doing it!" 

Huh, I'm not saying it no matter how charming and handsome they do look right now.

Wait, what?

"Look we're all matching with Jaekyung!" Chanyeol's booming voice interrupted my thoughts.

I looked at them and then looked at my dress.

They were right. I was wearing a white dress and they were all wearing white tuxes.

"I think it looks nice," a tiny voice said. I looked around to discover that the voice came from Sehun.

I met eyes with the maknae for the first time.

"Me too! It's cute!" Tao said, interrupting.

"That's cool!" Chen said.

"Hey, it's 5 now, we should get going," Xiumin said.

"Let's go!"

"May I?" Luhan asked Younghee with his arm sticking out.

"What a gentleman!" Younghee said as she linked arms with him.

I giggled at the sight when someone tapped my shoulder.

It was Kris with a smile on his face offering me his arm, "May I?" He asked emphasizing 'I' because Luhan just said it.

I hesitated but in the end I took it anyways.

Kris successfully walked me to the car and we made our way to the venue.

When we got there, me and Younghee went directly to our spots while EXO had to go to the red carpet.

"Imagine Miyoung's face if I ever tell her I was linking arms with Luhan," Younghee whispered.

I giggled, "You better not!"

"I know, I know. And how was it like being treated like a princess by Kris?" She said.

"Pshhh I don't know what you're talking about."

"You know, the way he watches you. Carefully holds you. Making sure you don't fall. Come to think of it, all of EXO treat you like that," she stated, "Wahhhh I'm so jealous!" That part, she made dramatic by putting the back of her hand on the forehead.

"What?" I said with my head tilted slightly.

"Nothing~"

Just after, EXO came back and took their seat. Younghee was on my left and Lay was on my right.

Quickly, the whole venue was filled and they started the show.

They announced some awards and there were performances like usual.

Then the award that EXO wanted so badly was announced.

"And the winner of the 'Best New Male Artist of the Year' award is..." 

I looked to my right side to see EXO holding hands. Lay, who was beside me was shaking in nervousness. My hand involuntarily grabbed his to calm him down. He looked at me surprised and I just gave him a reassuring smile.

"Busker Busker!" 

What? Not EXO?

Deep inside I felt my heart break a little when I heard sighs from my right. 

Lay squeezed my hand and I looked at him this time.

"It's okay, we can always win another award next time," he said.

I smiled at him, "I bet you will."

After another performance and more awards, Lay whispered to me, "We'll be right back."

I nodded and they all left.

Minutes later they were on stage doing a special performance with SHINee.

They all actually looked really cool. When I was alone in the hotel while they were at rehearsals, this is what they had been doing. I wished they brought me along. I could've talked to SHINee!

There was this part where Kai, who was in the middle, winked directly at me and smiled. Not a smirk. But a smile.

My head became hot and my checks became red. I didn't even know why.

When they were done, they went back to their seats, still in their stage clothes.

I refused to look at anyone of them because I was embarassed so I turned to Younghee.

As the show went on, there was a particular award that also caught my attention

'Best New Asian Artist'

I didn't know about this award but it did sound like a very important rookie award.

"The winner is...EXO!" 

They all stood up eagerly to recieve their awards. I smiled because my heart was now happy.

They went up the stage, proud and happy. Some looked like they were going to cry and some were in shock.

Suho and Kris gave their speech but at the same time I could feel some members looking towards my direction.

They all went back to their seats beside me and this time I faced them.

I gave them a shy thumbs up and they all returned it.

I whispered to Lay beside me, "In my opinion, I think 'Best New Asian Artist' is way better than 'Best New Male Artist'"

"Thank you," Lay smiled showing his dimples.

Oh and did I tell you I have a weakness for dimples.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yoooooo

Sorry for making you guys wait long and then giving you a crappy chapter.

Yeah soooorry.

They didn't win 'Best New Male Artist' like I'd hoped they would...

BUT THEY DID WIN 'BEST NEW ASIAN ARTIST' 

SO PROUD OF YOU EXO :')

 

Their special performance with SHINee:

 

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmack0mr4Mk

 

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=related&v=vLsTRWkiI08

 

EXO is nominated for many more awards!

EXO HWAITING!

~BlingBlingIzzy

BTW thanks for all you who voted and thanks for loving EXO!

Thanks to my subbies as well.

And to the people who commented and my silent readers.

Oh! And a special thanks to:

Solana401

and

JieunLee

for voting for my story <3