Forty Six

On The Rooftop

Lani woke up with her head pounding the next morning. She forced herself to get out of bed when she smelt something delightful coming from the other room. She stumbled out of her bed to find L.Joe sitting on the couch watching TV.

“L.Joe…?” Lani confusedly called.

“Look who’s finally awake!” L.Joe smiled as he ran over to her to give her a hug. “Why don’t you go wash up and then come have some breakf-… lunch.”

Lani looked at the clock and realized it was already 12:30 in the afternoon. She did as she was told and came back to find the table set with two giant bowls of soup.

“Did you make this?” she asked as she took a sip of the hot soap.

“Well… Chunji and Cap hyung did, I just warmed it up when I got here,” he admitted with a sheepish smile.

“Oh, well thank you.”

“It’s supposed to be good for hangovers, eat up.”

During their meal, Lani was unusually quiet. L.Joe just assumed it was because of her hangover and didn’t make a mention of it. Once they were done, L.Joe washed the dishes as Lani watched TV before he joined her on the couch. He casually placed his arm around her shoulder, but she shifted away before switching off the TV and turning to look at him.

“Is something the matter baby?” he worriedly asked, panic rising within him.

Lani took a deep breath before blurting out what she needed to say, “my contract was terminated…”

L.Joe’s jaw almost dropped, “You don’t mean-”

“I was kicked out of the company.” Lani cut him off and finished his sentence for him.

“My baby,” L.Joe cooed as he stretched out his arms to embrace her.

Before he could, Lani put her hands on his chest and stopped him. “That’s not all,” she announced.

L.Joe couldn’t think of any words to say and sat in silence as a million thoughts flooded his mind. He couldn’t imagine what else Lani could have to tell him.

“I’m moving away,” she breathed out avoiding eye contact.

“What?” L.Joe couldn’t believe what he was hearing. “Away where?” he questioned.

“That doesn’t matter,” Lani flatly responded.

“What do you mean that doesn’t matter? How am I supposed to call you and visit you…” L.Joe trailed off when something in his mind clicked. “You don’t mean…”

Lani nodded before L.Joe could finish, making sure not to meet eyes with him. The room fell silent as everything sank in. L.Joe couldn’t believe it; he didn’t want to believe it.

“I’m sorry L.Joe,” Lani croaked, her voice about to crack. “I can’t stay here anymore; I have no reason to stay here,” she stated, her eyes welling up with tears.

“I’m your reason. Stay here for me; stay here for us! What happened to never giving up? Are you really just going to walk away?” L.Joe fought back. He wasn’t ready to give up on their relationship and he couldn’t bring himself to believe that Lani was.

“It’s the only option I have. Me being here is hurting your image,” Lani tried to argue without breaking down in tears.

“You not being here will hurt me! Do you not care about me anymore?! Do you not care about how hard we fought to be where we are?” L.Joe slightly raised his voice at Lani.

“I’m doing this for you L.Joe. I’m doing this because I love you!” Lani broke and let the tears fall. “It’s because I love you…” she whispered under her breath.

“If you loved me you wouldn’t walk away when things got tough!” L.Joe exclaimed, almost yelling.

“Please don’t make this harder than it has to be. I think you should go…” Lani got up and walked to the door opening it for L.Joe. He hesitantly followed behind Lani and stepped out the door. He stopped and turned around to face Lani.

“Please don’t do this…” L.Joe pleaded, his voice revealing that he was close to tears.

“Goodbye L.Joe.”

He turned away about to walk down the hall when Lani grabbed his arm and turned him around to face her. She tightly wrapped her arms around his waist, “I’m sorry Byunghun…” she quietly sobbed into his chest. He embraced her in his arms before she released him and stepped back.

“Goodbye,” she murmured as shut the door. She listened for L.Joe’s footsteps to disappear down the hall before her back slid down the door and she curled up in a ball on the floor, sobbing into her hands.

 


oh no D: Lani why did you do that D: 

just a short chapter for you guys ~ :)

and guess where i am! KOREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! weeeee ~ so i may not update on time D: plus the time difference totally screwed me over D: