Forty Nine

On The Rooftop

It had been just over two weeks since Lani and L.Joe moved away. They spent most of their days sitting around in the mart; Lani taught L.Joe how to use the cash register and he helped a lot with the business. The little girl continued to come around, running errands for her mom and to visit L.Joe. Lani and L.Joe were very happy with this life they had established for themselves, but Lani knew it couldn’t go on much longer. After speaking to Chunji on the phone, Lani knew for sure that it was time for L.Joe to return to his life as a K-pop star; Teen Top couldn’t go on without him.

“We should head down to the mart soon,” L.Joe stated as he finished cleaning up the dishes from breakfast.

“Actually, we’re not opening today,” Lani informed him.

“Wae?” L.Joe asked in surprise.

Before Lani could respond, a knock was heard at the door. “That’s why,” Lani said with a small smile. She ran over to the door and opened it to a smiling Chunji. She moved aside and he strolled in the apartment, followed by Cap, then Changjo, then Ricky, and finally Niel.

“Uhh…” Lani stared at the group blankly.

“Originally only Cap and I were going to come, but the others insisted… and Niel’s the only one who knows this area,” Chunji explained to the confused and shocked Lani.

“What are you guys doing here?” L.Joe questioned with curousity.

“We came to bring you home hyung!” Ricky blurted out. Changjo immediately clamped his hand over Ricky’s mouth and dragged him away from L.Joe and the others.

“Is what he said true?” L.Joe demanded.

“Don’t listen to Ricky,” Cap spoke up, “he doesn’t know what he’s talking about.”

The day carried on with the Teen Top boys catching up with L.Joe and Lani. They went out for lunch just past 1 o clock, at a small bibimbap restaurant down the street. Before heading home, they stopped at the nearest bedding store to buy blankets for sleeping. Chunji had informed Lani that he and Cap would be spending the night, but she wasn’t prepared for the other three. They went home shortly after stopping for ice cream at Ricky’s request. The rest of the evening was spent playing games, telling stories, and watching TV; they ordered chicken for dinner and lazily sat around until it was time for bed. Lani laid out the blankets on the floor next to the bed before they made any sleeping arrangements.

“Okay!” Lani announced, “two people on the bed, two on one blanket, and three on the other, decide where you’re going to sleep!” The Teen Top boys broke out into chatter, arguing and fighting over where they would sleep. Lani used the distraction to quietly duck out of the room and head for the shower. Once she returned, everyone in the room gave her accusing looks.

“Noona!” Ricky whined, “why did you run away from us?”

“Oh… well…” Lani gave them a sheepish smile. “Did you guys figure out where you’re sleeping?”

“Will you sleep next to us Lani noona?” Ricky excitedly asked.

“Yah! Lani’s sleeping next to me!” L.Joe exclaimed.

“Come on hyung, stop hogging Lani,” Changjo intervened.

“Well I guess if it’s just for one night I guess we can do that,” she chimed in response to the maknaes.

“Chincha?!” Ricky happily smiled and flopped down on the blanket.

It took no time at all for the others to decide where they would be sleeping. Cap called the bed, and as the leader no one could object to him. Lani declared that L.Joe would be sleeping on the floor since they had guests over. Chunji also agreed to sleeping on the floor, leaving Niel to sleep next to Cap on the bed.

“Okay everyone, go wash up so we can get some rest,” Lani ordered.

One by one the Teen Top boys left the room to shower and brush their teeth. An hour later, everyone was finally in their assigned sleeping spots and just chatting quietly amongst themselves. Lani turned off the light and laid down in between Ricky and Changjo, wrapping herself in a blanket.

“Goodnight everyone,” she said before shutting her eyes.

“Wait!” Ricky exclaimed.

“Yah, what is it?” Cap asked with annoyance.

“Aren’t we going to tell scary stories? That’s what you’re supposed to do at sleep overs!”

“Go to sleep Ricky-ah,” Chunji called from the other side of the room.

Ricky started rambling on about scary stories and wouldn’t stop talking; everyone just ignored him and tried to fall asleep.

“Goodnight Ricky,” Lani murmured as she covered her face with her blanket.

Ricky admitted defeat and decided it was time for him to get to sleep too.

-

Lani awoke just after 6 to the sound of her phone alarm going off and rolled over forgetting she was sleeping in between two people; she accidently bumped into Changjo causing him to mumble something in his sleep. Lani carefully got up when she heard noise coming from the other room and exited the room to find Niel sitting on the floor eating a bowl of cereal.

He looked up when he heard the sound of the door creek, “omo, Lani did I wake you up?”

“Aniyo,” she smiled, “the dairy delivery from the mart is coming early today,” she explained to him. “But why are you awake?”

“I was hoping to sneak away for a few hours to visit my parents,” he told her.

“Oh, your parents live around here?”

“Yeah, just a 20 minute bus ride away from here. I have to go early since they’re in the café all day, and a lot of our fans go there during the day,” Niel stated.

“Café? Your parents own a café? That’s so cool!” Lani exclaimed.

“Um… do you wanna come see it? I mean it’s nothing special… and you’re already awake, and if you have nothing important to do today…” Niel trailed off and stared down at the floor.

“I’d love to come! I just need to go down to the mart first.”

Lani quickly cleaned up and the two of them headed downstairs to the mini mart. They had light conversation until Lani saw the small truck pull up in front. She ran to the door and opened it for the delivery man. He brought in crates of milk and eggs and Lani thanked him before he went on with his own business. Niel helped Lani stock the fridge before they headed outside to catch the bus.

 


hello my lovelys~ here's another chapter for you guys ~

sorry for any mistakes or anything, i didnt have time to really edit it D: been too busy stressing about everything x.x

well i hope you enjoy~

AND OMG TEEN TOP'S TEASER AKGJNKALGJNKAGJA IT LOOKS SO GOOD I CANT WAIT JAGNFKJANGKANGKJNAJ

comments are much appreciated ! :DD <3