Fifty Nine

On The Rooftop

Ricky rolled around on Changjo’s bed, trying to gain the attention of the boy whos face was buried in a comic book. Failing to do so, Ricky let out a sigh and marched out of the room. He then entered the living room where Niel and his reunited best friend had taken over the game he and Changjo were playing earlier.

“Can I play?” Ricky asked, almost whining as he stood in front of the TV, blocking the view to the screen.

“Yah, get out of the way,” Niel complained as he stained his neck to see past Ricky.

With another huff, Ricky left the living room and made his way to Cap’s room. “Hyunggggg,” he whined as he swung the door open. Cap was lying on his bed, completely passed out. “Wake up hyung!” Ricky exclaimed as he plopped down on the bed. To his dismay, Cap didn’t budge, trying to wake up Cap was a lost cause; everyone knew it was impossible to wake up the sleeping leader once he had settled into his bed. Ricky wandered back to Changjo’s room and fell back onto his bed. He pulled out his phone, trying to amuse himself, but nothing worked. It was their only day off and he was bored out of his mind. He tried calling Chunji to find out what he was up to, but he was too busy shopping to give any attention to little Ricky.

“What do you think Lani noona and L.Joe are doing?” Ricky asked as he sat up next to Changjo.

“Probably each other,” Changjo laughed at his own joke and went back to reading the comic.

Ricky scrunched his face at the thought and shook his head to get the image out. “Why don’t we go see what they’re actually doing?” Ricky hopefully asked.

“They’re probably really doing each other,” Changjo responded, not joking this time.

Ricky became uncomfortable thinking about L.Joe touching Lani like that, and wanted to find out for himself what they were doing.

“I bet you 5 bucks they’re not,”he suddenly said.

Changjo perked up at the mention of money, “5 bucks you say… that could buy me 3 scoops of icecream.”

“Are we on then?” Ricky asked, having a mini celebration in his mind. As bad as it was, interrupting Lani and L.Joe from their business was already a victory to Ricky.

“You’re on!”

-

Lani snuggled closer to L.Joe; they had finished eating and were casually talking while cuddling close to each other under the blankets, using the piles of pillows as a backrest. Lani took another sip of wine before turning towards L.Joe and smiling at him.

“Thank you for this… oppa,” she shyly spoke before ducking her head into L.Joe’s chest.

A wide smile instantly spread from ear to ear when L.Joe heard the words. “Oppa?” he questioned with a goofy smile still plastered across his face.

Lani giggled and she held his waist tightly as she kept her face buried in his chest. L.Joe gently cupped Lani’s face and tilted it upward until her eyes met with his.

“Say it again,” he insisted.

“Oppa,” she chanted followed by a smile giggle.

The smile on his face spread wider and Lani smiled back. She reached up and wrapped her arms around his neck, bringing his face lower so he was leveled with her. She tilted her head slightly and leaned closer to L.Joe until her lips met with his; he immdietly returned the kiss, his lips moving eagerly with hers.  His arms s around her wasit and he pulled her on top of his lap so she was straddling his legs. Things got heated quickly as L.Joe’s hands roamed Lani’s body; he rubbed her thighs, his hands slipping under her skirt. Their lips parted and L.Joe trailed kisses down her neck; Lani couldn’t take it anymore and was about to pull off his shirt when-

Knock knock

Lani pulled away from L.Joe as her head snapped in the direction of the door.

“Just ignore it, they’ll go away,” L.Joe whispered as his lips continued down her neck to her shoulder.

Knock knock

“Hyung!”  Ricky’s voice called from the other side of the door.

L.Joe cursed under his breath as he pulled away from Lani; she crawled off his lap and pulled her skirt back down as L.Joe stood up and made his way to the door, muttering under his breath the whole way.

“Be nice!” Lani called out to him before he opened the door.

“Yes?” he dryly asked when he cracked the door open.

“We were bored and wanted to hang out with you guys!”Ricky chanted in a playful tone, hiding his actual feelings.

“We’re kind of busy,” L.Joe responding, trying his hardest to be nice.

Changjo nudged Ricky, knowing exactly what L.Joe meant by busy, “Pay up,” he whispered.

L.Joe raised an eyebrow at the two but didn’t question it, “okay, well bye,” he abruptly stated about to shut the door.

Ricky’s arm shot up in time to stop L.Joe from closing the door, “wait!”

L.Joe gave him a weird look and Changjo tugged on his arm, ‘let’s go,’ Changjo whispered.

“Can’t we stay here and hang out with you guys?” Ricky asked.

“Ricky, let’s just go,” Changjo tried to convince him.

Just then a voice came from behind L.Joe, “what’s going on?”

L.Joe turned around to face Lani who was now standing next to him, “it’s nothing, the maknaes were just about to leave.”

“Noona!” Ricky exclaimed. His face instantly brightened when he saw her.

After a short conversation and Lani feeling sorry for the bored maknaes, the two joined Lani and L.Joe in their not-so-romatic rooftop getaway. Changjo felt bad for bothering the two, knowing that they hadn’t spent time together in months, but he knew even if he were to leave, Ricky wouldn’t and he preferred to keep an eye on him. L.Joe didn’t look pleased as he sat there with a sour expression on his face, rolling his eyes and staying out of the conversation.

“Since the three of you are here, I have something to tell you,” Lani announced, earning everyones attention.