Nine

On The Rooftop

 

“I’m sorry…” L.Joe said into his phone.

“It’s okay, it’s not your fault you have a fan signing on the only day I’m free,” Lani replied slightly disappointed.

“And it’s a Friday…” L.Joe pouted. “I’ll talk to you later, ‘kay?”

After ending the phone conversation, Lani’s phone vibrated, indicating that she had a text message. [You’re coming to our fan signing right? –Ricky]. Lani thought about it for a few minutes then replied saying she’d go only if he and Changjo promised to pretend that they didn’t know her, just to avoid any suspicions  of watching fans. Ricky agreed and Lani got dressed in jeans and a casual tee.

Lani left her apartment when she realized she didn’t even have a poster or anything to get signed. I can’t go to a fan signing without a poster… she thought to herself. She hurried to a small shop that sold everything k-pop. After looking around for awhile she spotted a set of Teen Top post cards. Perfect she thought as she got out the money to pay.

Slowly the line moved and finally it was Lani’s turn to get an autograph from Teen Top. She approached CAP, who was the first one along the table.

“What’s your name?” he asked before looking up.

Lani let out a giggle and his head shot up.

“Lani!” he exclaimed smiling at her.

“Annyong oppa,” she said with a smile.

“What are you doing here?”

“Well, as a fan, I see it as my duty to attend all of your events.”

CAP chuckled and quickly gave her an autograph so she wouldn’t hold up the line. Lani moved onto Niel who gave her a weird look and signed the post card without making too much eye contact. She ignored it and continued onto her favourite member of Teen Top; L.Joe. He nearly jumped out of his seat when he saw Lani. He just wanted to get up and hug her, but knowing there were too many people around, he restrained himself. After signing for her, L.Joe asked Lani to stay back until the fan signing was over. She happily agreed and skipped on, talking to the other members.  

Niel looked up when he heard the sound of a familiar voice. He looked at the girl standing in front of him, short brown hair, glasses; a few years older than him it seemed… he recognized her…but from where? She smiled at him and moved to L.Joe once he signed her poster.

“Oppa,” she said shyly, Niel still watching her.

“Ah, annyong,” L.Joe replied, feeling a weird vibe from her.

“Do you remember me? We met outside of the company building before.”

L.Joe thought for a moment and a memory of the girl not wanting an autograph but only to look at him flashed through his mind. “Oh, so that was you,” he said trying to act normal.

“This time I want an autograph,” she said, pushing the poster towards him.

L.Joe signed the poster quickly and she stared down at him, he didn’t like the look in her eyes… by just looking at her he felt uncomfortable.

Niel was still staring at her and CAP noticed.

“Do you know her?” CAP asked nudging Niel on his side.

“I think I do… she looks so familiar…” Niel replied.

“Maybe she was at another event.”

That was a possibility…but Niel didn’t think so. The fan girl never left, she stuck around just watching. Teen Top...the fans, she kept her eyes on everyone. Niel would look at her every once in awhile, but looked away when they made eye contact.

The fan signing finally came to an end and Lani was sitting around outside the building. L.Joe texted her to find out where she was and quickly headed there. Lani stood up from the spot on the grass she was sitting on when she saw L.Joe running in her direction. He quickly wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her into a tight hug. They walked around hand in hand until Chunji appeared, following him was CAP.

“L.Joe! We were looking everywhere for you!” Chunji exclaimed as he got closer.

“What for?” he asked, irritated at Chunji for interrupting his conversation with Lani.

“Remember you agreed you’d go clubbing with us since we never hang out together outside the dorm?”

“…yeah…but does it have to be tonight?” he questioned. L.Joe was a man of his word; never did he break a promise.

“You said by the end of this week! It’s Friday…which means it’s the end!” Chunji whined.

“He’s right,” CAP said coming into the conversation. “You wouldn’t mind if we borrowed him for the night, would you Lani?”

“Of course not!” she replied. She let go of his hand and pushed him towards his friends. “Go have fun.”

“We will!” Chunji chimed as he grabbed L.Joe’s wrist, dragging him behind him.

“Be safe!” Lani called out before she also walked away.

Lani was about to get on the bus when she heard someone yelling her name. She looked back to see Ricky and Changjo running her way. Lani stepped away, letting the bus leave without her. Ricky asked her if she would like to hang out with them and she gladly accepted. They decided to go to a noodle shop to eat and then they would go shopping or play games.

They looked around the store as Ricky squealed like a girl at how cute everything was. Changjo on the other hand wasn’t squealing… but rather complaining about how the cuteness made him hungry again. Lani laughed at their dorkiness as they played around in the store.

“Wah! So cute!” Ricky exclaimed running towards Lani. “Look at these cell phone charms! Aren’t they adorable? And there’s three of them! One for each of us!” In his hand he held three ice-cream cone shaped charms, they were light blue, pink, and green.

Ricky ran to the counter and quickly paid for them…using Changjo’s money. The three happily left the store and they each put the charms on their cell phones.

“Now we match!” Changjo said with a smile.

As they continued down the street, Ricky let out a yawn. Lani could see how tired he looked and told him to head home. She tried to make Changjo go with him but he refused to.

“It’s not safe for you to be out by yourself, plus, if I go with him, he’d make me carry him,” Changjo said in a teasing tone and he messed Ricky’s hair up.

“Hey! Don’t do that!” Ricky said pushing Changjo’s hand away. “I’ll see you guys later,” and with that he walked away.

“I’ll take you home,” Changjo said with a smile and began walking.

 


hello my buttercups ~ i hope you enjoyed the chapter (: sorry for not updating earlier. i've been working on an essay x__x