Sixty One

On The Rooftop

Lani, who was tired out from her long day, fell asleep in no time, her eyes falling shut as soon as her head hit the pillow. Cap on the other hand wasn’t as tired, since he spent most of the day sleeping anyways, and just lay wrapped in his blanket on the floor next to the bed. Finally he was about to fall asleep when he heard a soft creaking from down the hall, followed moments later by the squeaking of the door hinges and someone poked their head into the room.

“Lani~” L.Joe’s hushed voiced called out to her, “Lani~” he chanted once again when he got no response.

“You have 3 seconds to get out of my room,” Cap’s husky voice spat at him in an annoyed tone.

“But hyung,” L.Joe started, wanting to reason with the sleepy leader.

“3…2…”

“Alright, I’m going, I’m going,” L.Joe huffed in defeat as he quietly closed the door and made his way back to his own room.

The next morning Lani awoke to someone shuffling next to her; she opened her eyes to see someone under the blanket sleeping beside her. She was startled and immediately pushed them off the bed as she let out a scream, only to hear two groans coming from the floor next to the bed. She peered over the edge to see a startled L.Joe and a furious Cap.

“L.Joe!” Cap almost screamed, pushing the boy off of him, “why are you in my room!?”

“Omo, are you guys okay?” Lani worriedly asked as she reached out her arm to help L.Joe up.

Before either could answer, Chunji rushed into the room, concern written all over his face, “What happened? I heard screaming.”

He stared at the scene in front of him and it didn’t take long for him to understand what was going on; shaking his head in disappointment, Chunji grabbed L.Joe and dragged him out the room. Not long after, Lani left the room to get washed up and joined everyone else in the living room. They all had breakfast together then went their separate ways.

Lani spent the next couple days traveling back and forth to Seoul looking for apartments and meeting with relestate agents. Apartment hunting was going well for her, especially with the help of Chunji who spent every spare moment searching with her and going on house tours.

-

“So this is really happening,” Lani said as she breathed in the dusty air of the vacant apartment.

“Yup,” Chunji smiled at her, “welcome home.”

They stood in the door way of the apartment Lani had just officially signed for, staring at its emptiness and potential.

“I can’t wait to start decorating!” she giddily exclaimed as she took a few steps forward.

The apartment was much smaller than the one she had previously lived in while in Seoul; with only one bedroom and a small kitchen off the living room, it was about half the size of her old place, but she didn’t mind, she was just happy to be back. After Lani and Chunji returned from a nearby shop with cleaning supplies, Chunji conveniently had to leave for a schedule before they could even get started with the cleaning. They said goodbye and Lani got straight to work; she spent the rest of the day scrubbing floors, wiping down the windows, and cleaning every corner of the apartment until it was squeaky clean. Once she was done she headed back to the train station to catch the last train and headed back to her aunt’s place; she had arranged for a small moving van to come early the next morning and had some last minute packing to do. The next morning she woke up bright and early excited for the day ahead of her.

The Teen Top boys had finished their schedule early and were eager to pay Lani a visit, all six of them were happy to have Lani back in Seoul where they could easily visit her and hang out with her. After giving her a call the boys arrived in front of Lani’s apartment to meet her who was waiting on the front steps for them. She led them inside and down the hall; her apartment was on the first floor so it didn’t take much time until all seven of them were standing in front of the door.

“Are you guys ready?” she asked, excitement running through her voice.

“I’m so nervous!” L.Joe responded, grasping tightly onto Lani’s hand, which he had been holding since they arrived.

With everyone waiting anxiously, Lani carefully turned the door knob and pushed the door open.