Ten

On The Rooftop

 

Girls in short skirts surrounded L.Joe on the dance floor; their sweaty bodies grinding against him. Why am I here? he thought to himself. A girl tried to wrap her arm around his waist causing him to push her off.

"Oppa, dance with me!" she said slurring her words, clearly she had had one too many.

L.Joe shoved his way out of the crowd and to the table where CAP was sitting, surrounded by girls. They quickly made room for him to sit when he gave them an intimidating look. L.Joe took a drink as he watched Chunji on the dance floor, his body swaying to the music, moving with the girls' around him. He looked at his phone and wondered if he should call Lani. The pounding of the music started to bother L.Joe and he knew he had to get out of there. After pulling away from the girls that had naturally started clinging to him as he sat at the table, L.Joe told CAP he was leaving and headed out the door without letting Chunji see him go.

L.Joe got on the bus digging through his pocket for the right amount of money. He sat near the back looking out the window as the bus drove down a familiar street. The bus quickly passed Lani's apartment building and he saw her standing outside waving. L.Joe was about to wave back when he realized the wave was directed to the boy standing only a few feet from her, his back facing the road. L.Joe shot up from his seat looking back trying to see who the boy was. The next stop wasn't until a few blocks down the road and he cursed himself for taking the express bus. Hurriedly, L.Joe got off the bus as soon as it came to a stop. He sprinted towards Lani's apartment, suspicion and curiosity filling his mind.
-
"Thanks for walking me home," Lani said to Changjo with a smile.
"No problem, I just wanted to make sure you got home safe, since you're my noona and all," Changjo replied with sincerity.
"Yah! You're making me sound old," Lani said in a teasing tone.
Changjo chuckled. "I'll see you later, noona ."
Lani pouted but then softened her expression to wave goodbye as she smiled widely.
Changjo waved back and walked away.
-
By time L.Joe had gotten to the apartment building, there was no sign of Lani or the mystery man. "Dammit," L.Joe mumbled. 
He grabbed his phone out of his pocket and started typing.
[Hey babe, I miss you. I was just wondering what you were doing~ L.Joe]
L.Joe sat on the curb as he waited for a reply. His phone soundlessly vibrated in his pocket and the little message icon lit up.
[I wasn't doing much; I was just about to head to sleep. I miss you too ^_^ Lani]
This arose more suspicion for L.Joe. She wasn't doing much... then who was that guy she was with. L.Joe texted her back telling her good night and made his way home.

-

“Hyung, you’re home early,” Changjo noted as L.Joe walked into the door.

“Got bored at the club…”L.joe replied plopping down next to him on the couch.

They sat silently watching TV until Changjo yawned and slowly got up.

“I think I should go to sleep now,” he said as he began walking away.

“You forgot your phone,” L.joe said as he reached over and grabbed it off of the couch cushion.

“Oh.” Changjo turned around and was about to take it from L.Joe’s outreached hand when L.Joe pulled his hand back in, looking at the phone.

“What’s this?” L.Joe questioned as he dangled the cell phone charm in front of his own face.

“Oh… that’s nothing really,” Changjo replied.

“Kinda girly, don’t yah think?” L.Joe said with a smirk.

“Whatever.” Changjo grabbed his phone and walked away.

“You’ve got some weird taste,” L.Joe teasingly called after him.

The next day, Teen Top decided to skip morning practice since CAP and Chunji were hung over from the night before. L.Joe offered to make them both hot tea, but they refused knowing very well what L.Joe’s cooking tastes like.

“I’ll meet you guys at the practice room later,” L.Joe informed the others as he left the room.

-

“I missed you so much,” L.Joe said as he tightly held Lani in his embrace.

“I missed you too,” Lani said to him as she tippy toed to peck him on the lips.

“I hate how busy you are now a days,” L.Joe pouted.

“Me too… but you know how it is to be a trainee about to debut…” Lani gave him a squeeze and rested her head on his chest.

“I’m glad we both don’t have practice until this afternoon, why don’t we go get something to eat?”

Lani happily agreed and they headed out. They aimlessly wandered the streets eating from the food stands. Just after lunch, they headed back to the company building.

Ring Ring

“Yebeosseo?” Lani said as she picked up her phone. “Yes, okay,” she said politely and then hung up.

L.Joe looked at her questionably.

“That was my trainer,” she said with a small smile. “He’ll be here soon, so I should go change.”

Lani asked L.Joe to hold her stuff and handed him her bag and phone. L.Joe casually leaned against the wall as he waited for Lani. He looked at the phone and then the small charm hanging from it. Hum…why does this look familiar? He thought to himself. He continued staring at it until it hit him.

“What’s this?” L.Joe questioned as he dangled the cell phone charm in front of his own face.

“Oh… that’s nothing really,” Changjo replied.

“Kinda girly, don’t yah think?” L.Joe said with a smirk.

“Whatever.”

“Changjo…” L.Joe breathed out.

Then his mind flicked to another memory from last night.

The bus quickly passed Lani's apartment building and he saw her standing outside waving. L.Joe was about to wave back when he realized the wave was directed to the boy standing only a few feet from her, his back facing the road.

He could now recognize the person who Lani was with… it was none other than his very own dongsang: Changjo. Why was she with him? He thought. Is there something going on between them? L.Joe quickly shook the thought away as Lani approached him.

“Thanks for holding my stuff,” Lani said with a smile as she took her bag from L.Joe.

She was about to reach for her phone when L.Joe pulled it away. Lani stared at him, confusion written all over her face.

“Where did you get this?” L.Joe asked casually holding the cell phone charm in front of her face.

“A friend bought it for me,” she smiled softly and grabbed her phone from him. “I better get going.”

Lani ran off in the direction of her practice room leaving L.Joe standing in the middle of the hall, suspicion and rage taking over his every thought.


ouuu l.joe's mad x]