Forty Five

On The Rooftop

"Lani, open up!"

Lani ran out of her room grabbing her coat and purse. She slipped on her plain black heels and swung the door open to see a smiling Chunji.

"Wow…" Chunji stared in awe at Lani, eyeing her up and down. 

Lani sheepishly blushed as she buttoned up her red coat over her sleek black dress. 

"You're usually the cute type, but damnnn," Chunji playfully winked.

"Maybe wearing a dress wasn't such a good idea," Lani replied.

"You worked so hard for that body, for those legs," Chunji said taking another long look at her, "might as well show it off."

"Oppa, stop it, you're embarrassing me," Lani gave Chunji a smack on the arm.

"I'm sorry," he smiled, "but you really do look good. Except for those shoes… take them off."

“What? These are one of my favourite pairs. What’s wrong with them?”

Instead of replying, Chunji pulled out a box from behind his back. “Ta da~” He held the box out to her and Lani gasped in surprise. She took the box from his hands and carefully unwrapped it. When she lifted the lid, dropped and her eyes sparked as she stared at the pair of red stilettos.

“Omo!” was all Lani could say. She practically jumped on Chunji and almost dropped the box when she threw her arm around him as a thank you hug. She carefully put on her brand new shoes still very excited before they headed to the elevator. The two walked side by side to the lobby of her building, casually chatting. 

"We'll be meeting the other two at the restaurant," Chunji stated, "but... I have a question."

"What is it?" Lani looked up at him with curiosity.

"You don't exactly talk to Niel, so why did you insist on him coming?"

"Why? Do you have a problem with Niel?" Lani jokingly accused. 

"No, that's not it!" Chunji frantically denied.

"Haha, I'm going to tell him!" Lani continued to joke, in hope of changing the subject, she really didn’t want to explain herself to Chunji.

Once they exited the building, Chunji hailed a cab and the two jumped in. It was only a 5 minute drive, but walking would've taken much too long, not to mention tiring with the heels Lani was wearing. They arrived in no time and got out of the cab to see Cap and Niel waiting outside of the restaurant. 

"Lani! There's the birthday girl," Cap happily greeted.

"Annyong oppa!" she cheerfully smiled. 

He gave her a quick hug before handing her a gift bag. “Happy birthday, and,” he pulled out another bag, “this is from the maknaes.”

“Omo, thank you,” she gratefully smiled.

“Let’s go in,” Chunji urged as he started walking forwards. Lani turned to greet Niel, who awkwardly greeted back, before they followed closely behind Chunji. They entered the restaurant and were guided to their table set for four. Before picking up her menu, Lani slipped off her coat and turned to place it on the back of her chair.

“Omo Lani, I like you hair bow, is it new?” Chunji, who was sitting across from her, commented.

Niel was sitting next to Chunji when his attention was drawn to the very familiar red bow in Lani’s hair, His cheeks instantly flushed red when Lani’s eyes flickered to his.

“It was a present,” she shyly smiled.

Chunji and Lani continued t talk until Cap interrupted them, “Come on, let’s order, you’ll have plenty of time to chit chat later.”

They instantly stopped talking, not wanting to upset the leader who’d also be paying for their meal. They each ordered their food and waited patiently to be served. Once their meal arrived, they all dug in. the awkwardness between Niel and the group eventually subsided and he was no longer hesitant to join the conversation. The four spoke of all kinds of things, but Lani made sure not to tell them she was kicked out of the company; this was neither the place nor the time. In no time, they were done the main course and were munching down on a chocolate cake Cap had ordered to celebrate Lani’s birthday. Once they were done, they exited the restaurant and found a place to sit in the nearby park. Lani had a chance to open her presents; she got a pink and white purse from Cap and a stuffed Alpacasso from the maknaes. She called them right away to thank them before Chunji brought her home.

“Well I better head home,” Chunji announced once they were at Lani’s front door.

“Aniyo,” Lani quickly objected, “um, there’s something I want to talk to you about.”

Lani and Chunji got comfortable on the couch before she began. She told him all about her visit with the CEO this morning. It wasn’t long before she burst into tears and Chunji was comforting her in his arms.

“Why don’t we do something fun?” Chunji suggested. “We can play a game, or go to norebang,” Chunji went on listing fun things to do when Lani gave him no response.

“Let’s go clubbing,” Lani suddenly stated.

“Are you sure…?” Chunji unsurely asked.

“We’re already dressed. And you said we’ll do something fun.”

A wide smile spread across Chunji’s face. “I’ve been waiting for the day you’d ask me that!” He gave Lani a tight squeeze before getting up and dragging her to the door. Chunji took Lani to his favourite club and they spent the night dancing, drinking, and just having fun. They spent a few hours at the club before Chunji decided it was time to go home.

“But I don’t want to~” Lani whined, her words slightly slurred.

“I think someone had a bit too much to drink,” Chunji stated as he grabbed Lani’s arm.

“Aniyooooo,” she objected.

They continued arguing before Chunji was able to eventually get the drunken Lani to leave the club. They walked down the street with Chunji keeping an eye on Lani who was acting unusual; she laughed at everything, talked to everyone and was overall super happy. By time the two got back to Lani’s apartment, it was already passed midnight and Lani was ready to pass out. Chunji made sure she was safely in bed before he said his goodbyes and left for the night.

 


i really want an Alpcasso T_T well i hope you guys enjoyed it ~ :]