Six

On The Rooftop

 

“What were you thinking? Were you even thinking?” CAP’s questions began as soon as they walked into the room.

“I don’t know…” L.Joe said quietly as he took a seat on the bed.

“What do you mean you don’t know?!” CAP said harshly. “Do you ever know what you’re doing? Do you pay attention to anything around you? You can’t just go running around doing whatever you want. Especially when it can affect other people….you’re such an idiot… so stupid.”

CAP’s words made L.Joe mad. He hated it when people insulted him, especially when he didn’t do anything wrong. In his eyes, he was innocent. What’s so bad about kissing someone? CAP was just overreacting.

“I am not an idiot,” L.Joe spat back, raising his voice.

CAP’s eyes opened wide with L.Joe’s sudden anger and he realized his words were a bit harsh.

“Quiet down… someone might hear you,” said CAP in a much calmer voice.

“It’s not like anyone’s awake,” replied L.Joe looking at the closed door.

As they spoke, little did they know that Niel had woken up and wandered to the door, listening intently to what CAP had to say to L.Joe.

CAP let out a sigh and looked at L.Joe.

“Please…don’t do anything stupid,” said CAP staring intently at L.Joe who wouldn’t meet his gaze.

“You mean get her pregnant again,” replied L.Joe staring at his fingers, which played nervously with the bed sheets.

“I just want the best for you and Lani. I hate to say this, but you’re kind of lucky the baby’s gone. Otherwise, your life would be over…”

Silence filled the room as they sat on the bed, no one saying another word. Niel’s ear was pressed to the door, mouth wide open with shock, eager to hear more. A few minutes passed until he began to hear soft sobs coming from the other side of the door and Niel realized that was all the information he’d get for now. He got off the floor where he was sitting and made his way back to the couch, laying back down as if he had never left.

CAP looked at L.Joe who had tears falling from his eyes. CAP didn’t know what to do. He’d never seen L.Joe like this. When it came to anything personal, L.Joe would hide behind a mask, always carrying a smile, never showing any kind of emotion other than his fake happiness.

“L.Joe…” was all CAP could think to say.

“It’s my fault…” L.Joe breathed out, staring at the floor.

“No it’s not,” replied CAP not knowing what else to say.

“It’s my fault! It’s all my fault! I killed my own baby!” L.Joe’s sobs became louder, more tears falling, his fingers trembling.

CAP moved closer and pulled L.Joe into his chest, hugging him tight.

“Shh,” cooed CAP as he L.Joe’s hair.

L.Joe struggled, trying to get away from CAP. His hands pushed against CAP’s chest as he tried to get him away, his body shaking as more and more tears began to fall. L.Joe yelled at CAP to let go of him, but no matter how much he struggled, CAP held onto him. L.Joe’s yelling stopped and his body fell limp.

“I’m a …murderer….” said L.Joe in jagged breaths. His eyes were shut tightly as he buried his face in his hands, the tears never stopping.

“Don’t say that,” replied CAP in a soothing tone. “You didn’t know; it’s not your fault.”

Neither of them spoke after that and CAP sat with L.Joe, letting him cry until he fell asleep.
-

Jungwan ran up to Niel with a smile.
"Hey," he greeted as they began walking to class together. Jungwan began speaking endlessly about the evening before as he would every morning for the past 3 years they've known each other.

“You won’t believe what I heard last night!” exclaimed Niel as they sat at their desks, waiting for the teacher to enter. “But…I don’t know if I should say…”

“Come on Niel! You can’t do that!” replied Jungwan anxiously.

“I don’t know… it’s pretty big news. You have to promise you won’t tell anyone!”

“I won’t! I promise!”

“Well remember that trainee I caught L.Joe making out with? Turns out they’ve done way more than that!”

“How much more?” questioned Jungwan, begging for details.

“Well…he got her pregnant,” Niel whispered to him.

“WHAT?! Seriously!?” Jungwan jumped out of his chair unable to believe what he had just heard.

Everyone in the class looked in their direction, surprised by the sudden noise.

“Yah…” Niel said quietly. “Sit down,” he said as he tugged on Jungwan’s sleeve.

The day continued with Jungwan asking Niel as many questions as he could think of.

“How many months pregnant is she? What are they going to name it? Is she still going to debut?” Jungwan’s question went on until Niel cut him off.

“From what I heard, the baby’s gone…I don’t know how or why…” said Niel in thought.

Jungwan’s eyes were wide. “Did she get an abortion?!”

They continued talking about the countless possibilities of what happened to the baby, until classes were finally over. They packed up their books and walked out together.

“Yah! Jungwan!” Both Jungwan and Niel turned at the sound of his name to see his sister, Jaehwa, standing across the street by her car waving her arm.

“Annyong noona,” greeted Niel as he approached her.

“Want a ride home?” she asked staring up at him.

“Actually I’m going to practice, so I can walk.”

“Don’t worry, I’ll drive you,” she said with a smile.

“Come on Niel!” called out Jungwan from the back seat of the car.

When they arrived at the company building, L.Joe and Ricky were also arriving, Ricky still in his school uniform. The car came to a stop and Niel jumped out. Jaehwa looked back briefly, giving L.Joe a glimpse of a seemingly familiar face.

 

 


 

lalala ~ i updated late D: sorry D:

hope you liked the chapter ~ l.joe cried D: 

most extras will be OCs ~ but another idol group may come into the story :OO