Lunch Date

Surprise Romance

 

After one last wave goodbye from the doorway, I watched Seunghyun step into the elevator then closed the door behind me. What to do first… 
 
I went back into Seunghyun’s room and grabbed my phone. I sat down on his bed and called Lily to update her on everything that happened. After a half hour of giggles and high-pitched girlish screams (that mostly came from her end of the phone) we were done catching up with each other. 
 
“Oh, my god, Yuri! I’m so happy for you! But what happens when our vacation is over? Classes start again next month…what are you gonna do?” 
 
I felt a knot form in my stomach. “I don’t know…I don’t want to think about it right now. I’ll figure something out…” The look Seunghyun had on his face while we were talking on the sofa came back to my mind. I didn’t want to see him look that way again. “…I’ll definitely figure something out.” 
“Mm-hmm! I know you will, Yuri! You’ve never been one to back away from a challenge. I believe you guys can work something out.” We chatted for a while longer and made plans to meet up for lunch in a few hours. 
 
I decided to do some grocery shopping before lunch. I went down to the nearest market and picked up a bunch of veggies and some fresh meats. On my way back to the apartment I passed by a cute bakery and decided to get some yummy looking pastries for dessert. 
 
Arms full with my purchases I finally made it back to the apartment, slightly out of breath. I put everything away and got ready for lunch with Lily. 
 
Lily and I had a simple lunch at a nearby café. I began to ask her again about her date last night. 
 
“Oh, he was absolutely dreamy! His hair was dyed a funky red color, but he had the most beautiful eyes. We had dinner at this really nice restaurant…” As she kept talking about her date I would find myself daydreaming about Seunghyun and our first kiss and wishing I could relive it all over again. 
 
“Yuuuuuri~!” Lily waved a hand in front of my face. I snapped out of it and looked at her apologetically. 
 
“Sorry, my mind drifted off…what were you saying?” Lily sighed and looked at me hopelessly. 
 
“Oh, nothing important, really.” We both laughed. “So, what are you going to wear tonight for your special dinner together?” 
 
“I was just going to pick up something from the hotel. I don’t need to get dressed up.” 
 
“What?! Of course you do! Come on, let’s go shopping!” 
 
“No, Lily, I don’t really need to--” She pulled my hand, yanking me up from my seat. Putting down some cash to pay for the bill, she led me out of the café and into the nearest clothing store. 
 
She began going through the racks and pulling out things that she thought would look nice. Mostly dresses that were much too short or cut way too low for my liking. 
 
“Umm, Lily? These aren’t exactly…my style.” 
 
“That’s why I’m picking them! They’ll surprise him.” She threw me a wink. 
 
I sighed in defeat when suddenly my phone began to ring. It was Seunghyun. I slowly backed away from Lily who was still immersed in the racks of clothes. 
 
“Helloooo~?” I answered sweetly. 
 
“Ah--Yuri…” He sounded out of breath. “How is everything? Are you still at the apartment? Are you safe? Did you eat?” I laughed at all of his questions.
 
“I’m fine. I’m had lunch with Lily and we’re just doing some girl stuff right now. You sound tired. How is practice?” 
 
He sighed. “It’s a bit rough today. I can’t seem to get the dances right. Ah, it always happens this way but I’ll get through it.” 
 
“I know you can! Then after your long day of hard work you can come home to a nice meal. Hopefully.” 
 
He laughed softly. “I’d like that.” We both smiled through the phone. “Well, I need to get back to rehearsing. I’ll see you later.” 
 
“Ok, bye…” After I hung up I couldn’t get over the way I was feeling. What was it about him that made me feel so happy. It could just be the excitement of a new relationship, but it felt like much more than that. 
 
“Yuri! What are you doing over there? Come try these on!!” Lily was waving at me from across the store, while getting an irritated look from a worker. Lily noticed, bowed in apology, and rushed over to me and grabbed my hand to guide me to the dressing rooms. 
 
After trying on what felt like a hundred dresses, I finally settled on one that I thought fit my personality just right.
 
It was a cute black and white polka dotted dress that wasn’t too short (thank goodness) and fell just above my knees. It hugged my body in all the right places but had a sweetheart cut with sleeves,  so it still gave an air of modesty. The skirt of the dress had a bit of volume to it, giving me a little more shape than I really had. It also had a bit of lace around the hems of the dress, which I thought was a nice touch.
 
“Oh, Yuri! It’s perfect!!” Squealed Lily. I smiled brightly in agreement and bought the dress. 
 
We stopped by the hotel to pick up some of my things just in case I stayed over the night at Seunghyung’s again. I left Lily at the hotel and headed for the apartment. 
 
On the walk back, I began to think. I wonder if the other guys will want to eat, too…good thing I bought some extra ingredients…those boys look like they could eat anything and everything. I laughed to myself as I reached the apartment with a full and happy heart, ready to please the one I loved.