Early Birds

Surprise Romance

 

I reluctantly opened my eyes the next morning to the sound of my phone. 
 
Munja wa shong…munja wa shong…
 
As I reached for my phone, I started to remember the happenings of the night before and I felt like a giddy school girl. 
 
I looked at my phone…Oh, shoot. Lily. I started to read her text:
 
Yuri! Where are you? I just got back to the hotel and you’re not here. Is everything alright? Let me know! 
 
I texted back: 
 
Sorry, I forgot to text. I’m fine, staying at a friends place. Call you later. 
 
I put down my phone and looked at the time. It was a little after 8 a.m. and the apartment was still quiet. I guess they’re not early birds…
 
I decided to get changed and ready for the day before I ran into Seunghyun’s roommates while wearing his pajamas. That would be awkward. 
 
After getting dressed, I walked quietly down the hallway and into the living room. There, resting peacefully on the sofa, was Seunghyun. I admired his calm expression, those defined cheekbones, and those soft lips that gave me a kiss last night. 
 
I quickly snapped out of my daydream and I walked over to the kitchen and prepared to make breakfast for everyone. One last ‘thanks’ before I left. I tried to be quiet while looking for everything…but failed miserably when I accidentally pulled one of the drawers too far out and all the silverware fell onto the floor. 
 
Cursing quietly to myself I didn’t even notice Seunghyun standing over me. “What are you doing?” He asked sleepily as he bent down to help me pick up everything. “Why are you up so early?” 
 
I glanced at him. The sight of him half awake with messy bed hair was beyond adorable. I bit my lip trying to stop a smile. “Sorry I woke you up. I just wanted to make breakfast for everyone. You know, as a thank you for letting me sleep in your house, type thing.” 
 
He smiled at me, brought his hand up to my face and ran his thumb across my cheek, “You’re so cute. I’ll help you make breakfast.” I blushed and nodded in agreement. 
 
The aroma of french toast, eggs, and bacon filled the apartment. Soon someone came walking out of their room, still sleepy with their eyes closed following their nose. 
 
A raspy voice broke the silence between Seunghyun and I. “Hyung, why are you up so early and why are you making breakfast?” He rubbed his eyes and slowly opened them. “You never cook--Ya! Who’s that???” 
 
I turned around to see a blonde haired and half guy standing before us. Surprised, I averted my eyes. Realizing how he was dressed, he crossed his arms across his chest in an attempt to cover himself up. I giggled a bit. 
 
“Yuri, this is Daesung. Daesung, Yuri. I met her last night and brought her home with me,” Seunghyun said with a wink. 
 
“Ya, hyung! That’s dangerous. You only just met her and you brought her here? What if she’s a psycho and plans to chop us all up into pieces???” 
 
I couldn’t help but let out a laugh. I started thinking about what I told Seunghyun last night about him feeding me to the birds. “See! She’s laughing, she must be crazy!” Seunghyun took a step forward in an attempt to explain, but I cut him off. 
 
I walked up to Daesung and reached out my hand, “It’s a pleasure to meet you. I think we have more in common than you realize. I hope we can be friends!”  
 
Shocked at what I said, Daesung could only reach out his hand to shake mine and nod. 
 
Seunghyun laughed to himself. “Go wake the others, Daesung-ah. Breakfast is almost ready.” And with that Daesung left us. 
 
I started setting plates on the table. “He seems like a really interesting guy,” I said with a smile. Bringing the food to the table, Seunghyun laughed. “Just wait til you meet the others.”