Confession

Surprise Romance

After an eventful night, we finally returned to the apartment. It was around midnight and it seemed that all of the other guys were fast asleep. Seunghyun and I were both exhausted from the premier and flopped down on the bed laying side by side. I closed my eyes and smiled. I turned my head and looked at Seunghyun who was already looking at me softly smiling. I snuggled up to him resting my head on his chest as he brought his arm around my shoulder. 

We stayed this way for a few minutes enjoying each others embrace, until I noticed Seunghyun had fallen asleep, still dressed in his suit. I sat up and tried to wake him up, but it was no use. He was out like a light. I sighed and shook my head hopelessly. He looked so peaceful lying there and there was no way I’d be able to get him out of his suit by myself, so I just let him sleep. 
 
I changed into something more comfortable and walked to the kitchen to get a drink of water. As I passed the living room I noticed something from the corner of my eye. The window shades that covered the door to the balcony had been drawn, and I noticed a figure leaning against the railing outside. I approached the door and saw Daesung gazing upwards admiring the stars that lit up the night sky. 
 
I opened the door quietly and stepped towards the railing, surprising him. 
 
“Ah! Y-Yuri-ah…you scared me!” 
 
I laughed, “Sorry, I didn’t mean to. I was just going to get a drink of water and saw you. What are you doing out here?” 
 
He sighed and returned his eyes to the sky. “Just thinking. I’ve had a lot on my mind lately.” 
 
“Oh?” I tilted my head to one side curiously. “Do you want to talk about it?”
 
“Hmmm, well…” He looked at me from the corner of his eyes. “Can I be completely honest with you?” 
 
“Mmm-hmm,” I said, nodding my head. 
 
He exhaled nervously and began speaking without looking directly at me. “When Seunghyun hyung first brought you here, I thought he was really crazy. I had never known him to be the kind of person to bring a random girl to our apartment.” He paused to look at me, making sure I was still listening. I nodded to him and he continued. 
 
“But then when we all got to know you better and I saw how happy he was, I started to feel jealous. I was confused at first; I didn’t know what I was jealous about.” He shifted his feet nervously. “I started to think that I…that I had feelings for you, too.” He looked downwards, slightly embarrassed before continuing. “But I could never do something like that to hyung; he’s like my brother, you know?” 
 
I nodded again, quietly listening to everything he was telling me. 
 
“Then when you and I got to spend more time together, I realized that I didn’t have those kinds of feelings for you. You became more like a sister to me; someone I loved, but not in that mushy way. I wanted to protect you as a brother would a little sister.” He sighed and rubbed the back of his neck, looking back to the stars.  
 
“Then when we got to spend time together on your birthday, I realized what I was so jealous about. I wanted the kind of relationship you and Seunghyun hyung had.” He furrowed his brow a bit. “You both had nothing but love for each other and nothing could keep you two apart. That's when I realized how lonely I really was.” His eyes were glossy; he clenched his jaw, trying to hold back his tears. 
 
I walked over towards him and brought my hand to rest on his forearm that was still leaning on the rail. I looked at him with sympathetic eyes wiping away the tears that ran down his cheek.
 
“Daesung,” I said in a soft tone making him bring his eyes to mine. “You will find someone. I know there’s someone out there just waiting to meet you…and she won’t be able to resist your contagious smile or your sunny personality.” 
 
He remained quiet and simply nodded to my encouraging words. 
 
“But, I am happy that you think of me as your sister. I feel that we get along really well and it means a lot to know that you’re looking out for me. And if Seunghyun ever goes out of line, I’ll know who ask to beat him up.” I smiled brightly hoping to cheer him up.
 
He chuckled softly and wiped his eyes. “Thank you, Yuri-ah.” A small smile crept across his face. “I’m feeling much better now that I’ve talked about everything.” I returned his smile and hugged him around the waist tightly. 
 
“Yup! That’s what siblings are for, right?” I giggled. 
 
He let go a short laugh and nodded bringing his hand to my head and ruffled my hair. “Yeah, thanks!” 
 
“Hey!!” I pushed him back and tried to straighten out my hair as we both started laughing. 
 
He turned back towards the view of the city. “So, my dream girl is somewhere in this city. Where, oh, where can she be.” He began to squint his eyes as if he could pinpoint her location. 
 
I laughed and nudged his arm. “Don’t worry, she’ll appear when you least expect it. Then when you find her,” I turned to smile at him, “don’t ever let her go.” 
 
He dropped his head while smiling, but nodded slowly. “Ok, I won’t.” 
 
We enjoyed the view for a few more minutes then retreated back into the apartment. We said our goodnights to each other before heading into our separate rooms. Seunghyun still lay where I had left him, unmoved. I was only able to pick his legs up and shift them over onto the bed. I cuddled up to him and wrapped us in the blanket. He unconsciously his side facing me, resting his arm on my waist. I lay there admiring his soft yet handsome features, trailing my hand down his cheek before finally drifting off to sleep.