Carpool

Surprise Romance

 

I woke up the next morning to a knock on the door. Seunghyun and I were still lying in the same position we fell asleep in. Groggy, I rolled away from him and got out of bed rubbing my arm. Ahhh, my arm fell asleep! I opened the door to see Seungri smiling brightly. 
 
“Ah, Nuna! Is hyung awake? We need to get ready to leave soon.” Rubbing my eyes I responded with a shake of my head. He sighed. “Ahh, hyung isn’t the easiest to wake up…” Seungri made his way to the bed where Seunghyun still slept peacefully. 
 
“Hyuunnggg!” Seungri tried to shake him awake, but he just rolled over and pulled the blanket over his head. Seungri hung his head and sighed again. He ran out of the room, returning with Daesung who waved a hello to me as he entered the room. They exchanged glances and began to clap their hands and sing loudly. I brought my hand to my mouth to muffle my laughter as I continued to watch their failed attempt to wake Seunghyun up. Seunghyun only moved his hands to cover his ears and continued to sleep. 
 
Defeated, Seungri and Daesung stood there scratching their heads trying to come up with another plan. Seungri suddenly looked at me. “Nuna, can you wake him up? I think you can! Use your magical power of love to wake him up for us!” I looked at him with a raised eyebrow and somewhat shocked expression. 
 
I laughed. “My magical power of what??” 
 
Daesung looked at Seungri. “Yah, Seungri, what kind of nonsense are you talking?” 
Seungri shook his head. “No! I believe nuna can do it! Fighting!!” And he ran out of the room. Daesung sighed. “Do you think you’ll be able to get him up? I still need to get ready, too.” 
 
“Mm-hmm, I’ll give it a try.” Relieved, he smiled and walked back to his room. 
 
Hands on my hips, I looked at Seunghyun still curled up under the blanket. I decided to take the nice approach and try to shake him awake as Seungri tried earlier. I shook his shoulder. “Seunghyunnnn~ it’s time to get up!” I was answered with soft mumbles as he turned his head deeper into the pillow. 
 
I tried many different ways to get him up: pulling the blanket off, which resulted in me slipping and falling on my ; tickling his feet, but I stopped when he almost kicked my face. But my last attempt was the successful in getting some kind of response from him. He had moved to lie on his back again, so I crawled over him and started poking at his face softly. 
 
“Seeeunngghyyyyynnnn~…waaaakeee uuuppppp…” All he did was scrunch his face at my touch and slightly shake his head, refusing to get up. 
 
I sighed and relaxed my body, putting all my weight on him. Resting my chin on his chest I pouted and closed my eyes. “Yaaaaaa, Seunghyun, why won’t you wake up?” Seunghyun slowly opened his eyes and smirked seeing me tired out from trying to get him out of bed. I felt him laugh and opened my eyes. I smiled and pulled myself up to eye level with him. I kissed him softly on the lips. “Good morning, sleepy head. Did you know you almost kicked me in the face earlier? I never met someone so stubborn when waking up in the morning.” He grinned and wrapped his arms around me. “No one told you to tickle my feet. You should have been prepared for the consequences.” I stuck my tongue out at him in defiance. He chuckled and I lowered my head to rest my forehead on his. “We really do need to get ready…everyone will be waiting.” 
 
“Let them wait,” he said as he moved to kiss me again. 
 
A few moments later, there was another knock on the door. Young Bae slowly opened the door and peeked in. “Hyung, you’re still in bed!?” He stepped into the room but suddenly noticed I was lying on top of Seunghyun.  He quickly averted his gaze, waved at me awkwardly, and continued, “H-hyung, really, we need to get going already.” Seunghyun sighed and got up as I rolled off him and onto the bed. 
 
“Sorry,” Seunghyun told Young Bae. “My bed was much too comfortable this morning.” Young Bae could only smile and nod as he left the room. 
 
Seunghyun and I quickly got ready and since there was one extra body, we all decided to take separate cars to the studio. I hooked my arm onto Seunghyun’s and as we walked through the parking garage, Seungri suddenly said, “You guys can go in one car.” He motioned to Ji Yong, Young Bae, and Daesung.  “I’ll keep an eye on them and make sure they really go to the studio instead of going off on their own.” 
 
I glanced at Seunghyun from the corner of my eye and saw him sigh and slightly shake his head. I softly squeezed his arm giving him a reassuring smile. He smiled back hopelessly as he opened the car door for me. 
 
I rode shotgun while Seungri sat behind me. The entire ride to the studio Seungri filled the car with conversation, which included several questions about myself. Seunghyun seemed used to his endless chatter and was just concentrating on the road. Seungri soon asked a question that caught me off guard. “So, why were you staying in a hotel anyway? Are you not from around here?” I saw Seunghyun shift in his seat and look at me from the corner of his eye. I’m sure he had been wondering the same but I hadn’t mentioned anything to him yet about me having to go back to school. I bit my lip nervously. 
 
“Nuna?” I quickly composed myself and tried to evade his question. “I was just vacationing with my friend, Lily. Actually, she seems a lot like your type, Seungri. Maybe I should introduce you.” Much to my relief, he perked up at my suggestion and started asking about Lily. Seunghyun sighed and remained silent for the rest of the ride over. Ignoring Seungri, thoughts began flooding my mind. Did Seunghyun pick up on my nervousness? He’s so quiet…is it because Seungri is talking so much? What am I going to do? I have to tell him soon. I can’t hide it forever…
 
“NUUUNAAA~!” Both Seunghyun and I jumped in our seats. 
 
“YA!” Seunghyun shouted while looking in the rearview mirror. “Why are you yelling?? Do you want me to crash this car?? Stop talking so loudly all of the sudden. You’ll give us heart attacks!” 
 
Seungri rubbed the back of this head. “Ahhh, sorry hyung. It’s just that she wasn’t paying attention to my questions. I’ll be quiet now,” and he sat back in his seat looking out the window innocently. Seunghyun shook his head and sighed and returned his eyes to the road. 
 
We sat in silence the rest of the way to the studio, but the air was heavy and I felt like I was being suffocated by my thoughts again. I need to tell him soon. But when? How am I going to tell him. Why is he so quiet? Maybe he’s upset. Maybe he knows I’m not telling him something. I can’t take this, I don’t know what to do…
 
We finally reached our destination. It looked like the others beat us here and were already in the building. We all got out of the car and headed into the lobby and waiting for the elevators that would take us up to the recording studio. Standing next to Seunghyun, I quickly looked up at him. He wasn’t looking at anything in particular. He was facing straight forward looking at the elevator doors, waiting for them to open. I got a sinking feeling in my stomach. He’s upset with me. That’s what it must be… That was all I could think in my mind as the elevator doors finally opened to let us in. 
 
Finally reaching our floor I followed the two boys down the hallway and into the recording studio. The others were already there getting things ready for the day. The studio was nice and cozy with a small sofa along one wall. Two long tables were set up with their computers and recording equipment on them. And of course a doorway leading into the room where they’d be doing the singing. 
 
Seunghyun made his way to one of the computers and sat down, leaving me awkwardly standing near the doorway. Daesung noticed and walked over to me smiling. “Not a bad setup we have here, huh?” I nodded. “Make yourself comfortable!” He smiled and walked back to the group to start working. 
 
I walked over and plopped down on the sofa next to the arm rest and got cozy in the corner of it. I watched them deep in conversation discussing their songs. I wish I had that much passion for something. I thought to myself. After a few minutes my mind began to wander and I started thinking about when I should talk to Seunghyun about my situation. It has to be soon…but when…