The Premier

Surprise Romance

 

As we left the building a black car pulled up and Seunghyun opened the door for me and I slipped in and sat down as he closed the door behind me. He walked over to the other side and hopped in and motioned to the driver that we were ready to leave. 
 
The whole ride over I was filled with anxiety and kept shaking my legs and wringing my fingers in my lap. Seunghyun chuckled and placed his hand on mine. I turned my gaze to him and the instant our eyes met I was overcome with calmness and was able to relax instantly. He smiled softly trying to comfort me while squeezing my hand. 
 
“Don’t worry,” he said calmly. “I’ll be with you the entire time, so don’t be nervous. Ok?” 
 
I sighed trying to calm my nerves and nodded. “As long as you’re there, I think I’ll be ok.” I smiled wearily making him laugh at little. He brought one of my hands to his mouth and kissed it softly before intertwining his fingers with mine and bring our hands to rest back on my lap. 
 
I let go a gasp of shock as we neared the location. There were so many people there. Some dressed nicely walking down the red carpet, while the others behind the barriers were dressed a little more casually. I imagined that they were fans or photographers. As our car pulled up my stomach felt like it was doing back flips. Seunghyun squeezed my hand one last time before he stepped out of the car. All I could hear was the screaming of who knows how many girls, who had waited for a chance at a glimpse of him. He raised his hand once to wave at the crowd before opening my door and helping me out of the car. 
 
As I stepped out Seunghyun and I were met with an incredible amount of flashing lights. He wrapped his arm around my waist and guided me down the carpet, pausing every now and then letting the photographers take our picture. I stood there surprisingly calm, softly smiling out into the crowd. Seunghyun softly squeezed my waist making me look up towards him. He was already looking down at me happily wearing a smirk. 
 
We finally made it past all of the fans and cameras and entered the theater where many of Seunghyun’s co-stars were. Keeping his arm around me, he guided me through the crowd as we were stopped by a few of the actors and actresses for a bit of small talk. Seunghyun took these opportunities to introduce me proudly as his girlfriend to his colleagues and each time he said it, I couldn’t help but blush and wear a shy smile.  Just as we were about to enter the theater we heard a familiar voice. 
 
“Seunghyun-sssiii!” 
 
I sighed. “So close…” I thought to myself as we turned to see who it was that was calling out to Seunghyun. It was Ja Hye. I hooked my arm with Seunghyun’s as she quickly approached us. 
 
“Ah! Seunghyun, I was starting to think I wouldn’t see you here! I didn’t see you on the…carpet…” Her voice slowly trailed off as she noticed how I was holding onto Seunghyun’s arm. 
 
Seunghyun nodded casually, “We got here a little while ago and we’re about to go in the theater.” But Ja Hye was still distracted by my presence. Her eyes shifted between Seunghyun and I putting the pieces of the puzzle together and finally sighing. 
 
“So, you couldn’t just tell me you already had a girlfriend, huh?” She looked at Seunghyun in disappointment playfully. 
 
I smiled, relieved that she wasn’t upset about the situation. Seunghyun was rendered speechless and looked to me; his expression begging for me to help him think of a reply. I giggled and answered for him. “Sorry, Ja Hye. I’m sure he would have liked to tell you, but we weren’t exactly public about our relationship until now.” 
 
She sighed and looked at me hopelessly. “Boys, why do they have to complicate things?” I nodded in agreement, and teasingly looked up at Seunghyun who still didn’t know what was going on. 
 
Ja Hye and I laughed at his confusion until he finally spoke up. “Y-ya! What’s going on here? Why are you two suddenly like this?” Seunghyun sighed still not able to comprehend how we were able to laugh at the situation. “I am sorry, Ja Hye. I should have been more honest with you.” 
 
She shook her head and shrugged her shoulders. “I kind of picked up on it when I first saw you two together, but I had to keep on hoping!” 
 
A voice suddenly came on the speakers announcing that the movie was going to be starting soon. 
 
“Oh! It’s about to start! Let’s go Yuri!” Ja Hye suddenly hooked her arm with mine, pulling me from Seunghyun and into the theater surprising me and leaving Seunghyun standing there in confusion. I looked over my shoulder to see him smile and shake his head before following us. I took a seat between Seunghyun and Ja Hye and the three of us carried a casual conversation before the lights dimmed signaling the start of the film. 
 
I leaned my head on Seunghyun’s shoulder, sneaking my hand around his arm to cuddle up to him. He leaned his head over to kiss the top of my head and brought his hand up to rest on mine. My mind was finally at peace; we had no secrets to keep and could finally have a somewhat normal relationship. I sighed happily and squeezed Seunghyun’s arm softly as the movie began to start.