Canceled Plans

Surprise Romance

 

After a long day at the studio, we all returned to the apartment late in the afternoon. Tired from doing nothing all day, I stretched myself across the length of the sofa and closed my eyes. 
 
“Hey, sleepy head.” I heard Seunghyun’s deep voice above me. Opening my eyes I saw him bending over me wearing a smile. “Did you forget about our date tonight?” 
 
It took me a moment to remember and I jumped up from the sofa, eyes wide open. I looked up at Seunghyun who was wearing a smug expression knowing he was right. I narrowed my eyes and slightly pouted at the way he was looking at me. He laughed at my expression and said, “You can go get ready first. In the meantime, I’ll be taking a nap here.” He sat down on the sofa next to me, then maneuvered himself so that his legs were up on the arm rest on one side and his head resting next to my lap. He waved his hand motioning for me to go as he closed his eyes. 
 
I looked down at him with a soft smile, admiring his strong features. I began to run my fingers through his hair when he opened one eye to look up at me. He pushed himself towards me, so that his head was now resting on my lap. I placed one hand on his chest as I continued to comb through his hair with my fingers. He brought his hand up to his chest to meet mine, intertwining our fingers. He continued to look at me studying my features, trying to capture the moment. 
 
“Maybe we don’t have to go out tonight,” I suggested. 
 
“But what about your new dress? I wanted to see you in it.” He looked at me with big, pleading puppy eyes and pouted. 
 
“Ah! Don’t look at me like that,” I sighed. 
 
“Like what?” He sat up and turned to face his body towards me. “Like this?” And he put on the same sad face. 
 
“Ahh! Stop!” I moved my hands to cover his face. He laughed and grabbed my wrists, kissing the back of each hand while keeping his eyes on mine.
 
“So,” he started, “are we really not going out? You want to just stay home and be lazy?” 
 
“Mmmm-hmm…” I looked at him with a hopeful smile. I wasn’t sure why, but really didn’t feel like going out. I just wanted to be with him alone and relax comfortably. 
 
He sighed and knew there would be no changing my mind. “Ok, we can just stay in.” 
 
I smiled victoriously and positioned myself so I could rest my head on his lap. He looked down at me and smirked as I gazed up at him with a dreamy expression. No matter what angle I saw him, he always looked flawless. 
 
Ji Yong came walking down the hallway and into the living room drying his hair with a towel. “Oh? You guys aren’t going out for dinner?” 
 
I turned to Ji Yong and shook my head. Seunghyun sighed, “Yeah, she’s too lazy to go out tonight. So we’ll be joining you guys for dinner.” 
 
Ji Yong laughed, “Ok, sounds good. I think Daesung’s cooking tonight; hopefully it’ll be something good!” He smiled and returned to his room, closing the door behind him. 
 
Some time had passed and soon dinner was prepared and ready to eat. We all sat around the table enjoying our meal. After having our fill of the delicious meal, Seunghyun and I volunteered to clean up. When the last dish was put away in its place, we made our way to the living room to find that it was deserted; everyone had gone back to their rooms. 
 
We made ourselves comfortable on the sofa; I cuddled up to Seunghyun as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder bringing me close to him. He the TV and tried to find a movie to watch. I rested my head on his shoulder and began to nod off before he settled on something to watch. 
 
I was later woken up by the feeling of being carried. I opened my eyes slightly and saw that Seunghyun was taking me back to the bedroom. I wrapped my arms around his neck. He suddenly looked down at me and smiled. “You’re quite the sleepy head today.” We entered the bedroom and he lay me gently on the bed. 
 
I had already closed my eyes, getting ready to fall asleep again. “Ahh, my sleeping beauty is going back to sleep already?” He was laying on his side facing me and propping his head up with his arm while my face softly with the other. I could only nod slowly as I felt myself drifting off again. He chuckled and leaned over to kiss my forehead. I instinctively rolled over to get closer to him and I felt him wrap his arm around me. There was something special about his embrace. I felt as though nothing in the world could harm me; as long as I was with Seunghyun I felt safe. He was my home now and I never wanted to leave. 
 
--------------------------------
Ahhhh! I’m sorry, this chapter was boring. Nothing that exciting happened, but thanks for reading! New chapter coming soon! ^^