Coffee

Surprise Romance

 

I admired the ring during the whole ride back home. I moved my hand in a way that made the diamond sparkle brightly as we passed by any source of light along the way. 
 
“Do you like it that much?” Seunghyun chuckled softly watching me obsess over the ring. 
 
I nodded, smiling brightly. “I love it!” I sighed dreamily, “I still can’t believe we’re engaged…You’re my fiancé…” Butterflies filled my stomach at the thought. I giggled and shook my head in disbelief. “Ahh…this is too much!” 
 
Seunghyun laughed at my silliness. “I’ve never seen you this way before. Are you always this excited about things?”
 
I giggled again, “Mm-hm! You’re not second guessing me are you?” I teased. 
 
“Hmmm…” he raised his eyebrow and wore a thoughtful expression. 
 
I laughed again, “Well too bad! You’re stuck with me now.” I winked while sticking my tongue out at him. He laughed softly as we exchanged happy glances at each other. 
 
Everyone was still up when we got back to the apartment. Seunghyun and I walked through the door and were instantly overwhelmed with excited questions from everyone. 
 
Seungri was the first to approach me and grabbed my hand to look at the ring. “Ya! Nuna! You actually said ‘yes’!”
 
I laughed loudly at his comment and pushed at his shoulder. “Of course I did!” He looked up at me with an innocent smile and congratulated me. 
 
Young Bae and Ji Yong congratulated us with hugs and words of praise to Seunghyun for having the courage to propose. 
 
Daesung was the last to congratulate me. He wore an approving smile and hugged me tightly around the shoulders. “Congratulations,” he whispered softly in my ear. I smiled whispering back a soft “Thanks…” before we parted. 
 
Daesung then looked to Seunghyun with a firm expression. “Ya, hyung. You better take good care of her! Or you’ll have to answer to me!” 
 
Seunghyun was left speechless for a moment, caught off guard. “Ya!” He replied back, “When have I ever treated her badly?” Daesung could only smile and laugh in response. 
 
“I’m just looking out for my sister.” He grabbed me around the shoulder and pulled me close. I giggled and smiled innocently at Seunghyun. 
Seunghyun chuckled and shook his head at our antics as we all moved into the living room to relax. 
 
We all chatted excitedly about what happened throughout the day that led to the proposal. They were all thoroughly impressed by Seunghyun’s romantic abilities. 
 
After a while, Seungri jumped up from his seat. “Ya! We didn’t prepare anything to celebrate their engagement.”
 
Young Bae looked up at Seungri with a confused expression. “Seungri-ah, what are you talking about?” 
 
“You know! Something to drink to celebrate! Isn’t there usually champagne or something? Ahh, we should go out and get something. Seunghyun hyung, Yuri, is there something you want to drink?” 
 
“Seungri-ah,” Ji Yong started, “It’s so late already. Where do you think we can get drinks at this hour?” 
 
Disappointed, Seungri hung his head and slowly sat back down. Seunghyun chuckled and took advantage of the situation, “You know, I could go for some coffee right now.” 
 
Seungri’s head shot up in excitement. “Ok! Let’s go get some coffee!” He persuaded the others to go with him to buy the coffee leaving only Seunghyun and I in the apartment for a few minutes of peace. 
 
I sat myself closer to Seunghyun and cuddled up to him resting my head on his chest and wrapping my arm around his waist. He leaned his head on mine and gently my hair. We stayed this way, enjoying the silence together until the guys returned with our drinks. 
 
Daesung was the first to burst through the door holding our coffee. “YURI-AH!” His voice echoed throughout the apartment. “Yuri-ah! I just met the most beautiful girl!” 
 
I sat myself up straight, breaking myself away from Seunghyun. “What?! Where?” 
 
“At the gas station where we got the coffee! Oh! She was so pretty! We even talked to each other!” He smiled excitedly as he handed Seunghyun and I a cup of coffee.
 
“Ya, hyung, you said you asked her to make more coffee for you,” Seungri chimed in grabbing his own cup. 
 
I laughed as Daesung shot him an irritated look. “That doesn’t matter. I still talked to her.” He took a seat next to me and began telling me everything he could about her. 
 
After he was done retelling his story to me and Seunghyun, I couldn’t help but grin back at him. He sighed heavily and leaned back onto the sofa. “Ahhhh! Yuri-ah, I want to see her again, but I’m afraid! She seems very cold, but I can’t help but feel like I want to reach out to her and get to know her…what should I doooooo?” 
 
I laughed at his frustration and he pouted in return. “Daesung, don’t let that stop you from trying. What did I tell you before? You’ll find her when you least expect it, and when you do, don’t let her go!” I shook his arm softly, “don’t let her go!” 
 
He looked at me helplessly but slowly smiled again and nodded. “I…I should see her again. I will.” 
 
I smiled at his sudden determination and nodded in approval. “By the way, did you at least find out her name?” 
 
He nodded excitedly. “Brianna…” he smiled thoughtfully to himself, “Her name’s Brianna.” 
 
---------------------------
 
Hello, my beautiful readers! 

Yes, this is finally the end of "Surprise Romance." :( I hope you all enjoyed it!! 
 
I left a bit of an opening at the end with Daesung, because I'm currently working on another story "5 Cups of Coffee" involving him! ^^ I tried to tie both stories together, so there is a good chance all the characters will be involved in one way or another! There may be bits of information that clash in the beginning of the other story, because I began writing it before I decided I wanted to mix the two together. Sorry for that!

There may also be a part 2 to "Surprise Romance," in the future! Keep an eye out and thank you all again for reading my very first fanfic!! You have all made it a very exciting and rewarding experience. ^^ <3