Getting Ready

Surprise Romance

 

Over the next few weeks, life went on as usual, the only thing that changed was that Seunghyun was around more often because of the ending movie filming. I was happy to be able to spend more time with him. On some days when I would step away from my work, he would leave little things for me on the desk like flowers or pieces of chocolate. As simple as they were, they were still gifts from my love and I cherished them. 
 
But my favorite thing he left for me one day was in a glass jar filled with water. Inside swam the prettiest fish I had ever seen. It had long, flowing fins and was colored a bright blue with pink at the very tips of its fins. It swam round and round in the jar as I continued to watch it, distracted from my work. 
 
Seunghyun walked into the room and hugged me around my shoulders from behind planting a kiss on my cheek. “Do you like it?” 
 
I nodded while still gazing at the fish. “It’s so beautiful. I’ve never seen a fish this pretty, before.” I brought my hands up to his arms that were still wrapped around me and squeezed them gently. “Thank you.” 
 
“Ah,” Seunghyun said as he sat back on the bed. “Tomorrow night is the movie premier. I want you to come with me.” 
 
I spun the chair around and looked at him in shock. “W-what?” 
 
He smirked at my reaction and leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees while taking hold of my hands. “I want you to accompany me at the premier…as my girlfriend.” 
 
A wave of happiness spread through me and I nodded excitedly, agreeing to his request. “You don’t know how happy this makes me,” I said while grinning. 
 
He smiled back at me and pulled me up from my chair and onto his lap. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him softly. I pulled away and stared into his deep brown eyes and got lost in my thoughts. 
 
Suddenly I was snapped back into reality by my own wandering thought. “AH! What am I going to wear?!” 
 
Seunghyun merely laughed at my outburst and tried to comfort me, “I don’t care what you wear. You’ll look beautiful in anything you wear.” 
I rolled my eyes playfully, “The right answer coming from a boyfriend,” and stuck my tongue out at him. 
 
“What, I’m telling the truth!” He protested. 
 
I giggled and pecked him on the cheek. “I’ll figure something out.” 
 
**************************
 
The next afternoon I nervously pulled out the dress I had bought long ago, when I went shopping with Lily. I had never had the reason to wear it until now. It was the only appropriate thing I had available to me at such short notice.
 
I slipped on the dress and I sighed as I sat down at the desk and began applying a bit of makeup; just enough to bring out my features. I was never a fan of heavy makeup; my mom always told me less is more, so I tried to follow her words of advice. I let my hair fall as I unwrapped it from my towel. I curled my hair slightly to create loose curls that cascaded down either side of my head, framing my face. 
 
I looked at the clock; we had about another hour before we had to be down at the premier. Nervousness overcame me and I felt as though I was going to be sick. I tried to take deep breaths to calm myself. I slipped on my black heels and looked at myself in the mirror. “I wish the dress was a little longer…” I thought to myself as I tugged at the bottom of the dress, “It’s a formal event. It should be longer.” But other than that, I thought I looked decent. 
 
From down the hall I heard the sound of footsteps nearing the room. Seunghyun stepped into the bedroom dressed handsomely in a black and white suit. His hair was parted at the side and combed over creating a small wave. His clean cut look was enough to make me melt and I would never get over how he looked while wearing a suit.  His broad shoulders were emphasized by the cut of the jacket, around his neck a thin black tie, but his jacket wasn’t buttoned, revealing the vest he was wearing beneath. His black slacks complimented his long legs and right down to his shiny black dress shoes, everything was perfect on him; he looked flawless. 
 
While I took a moment to look him over, he was doing the same to me. He stopped as soon as he saw me trailing his eyes over me from head to toe, causing me to blush. He smirked and made his way to me. He gently brushed my hair away from my face and softly grazed his hand across my face, “You look beautiful.” I looked down and blushed, but he raised my chin up, meeting my lips with his in a sweet and delicate kiss. 
 
“Are you ready?” He turned his down slightly and looked up at me while raising an eyebrow. 
 
I sighed and took his hands in mine. “Yeah. I think.” 
 
He smiled and led me out of the room, still holding my hand. 
 
----------------
 
Hello, everyone! I hope you're all still enjoying the story! I'm not sure why I chose a fish as a gift...I think it was because I was watching Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince...you know, the part where they talk about Harry's mom and the fish in the bowl? XD Anyway, I just wanted to explain in case some of you were wondering why I picked a fish. lol Thanks for reading!! ^^