Waiting...

Surprise Romance

“Lily??” I asked as I turned to see who had woke me from my nap. But it wasn’t Lily standing there. Instead, there stood a rather tall and handsome figure looking down at me with dark brown eyes and a deeply concerned look. 

“Are you ok?” He asked in a deep and soothing voice. “I’m sorry for startling you, but it’s rather late and I saw you sleeping here. It’s not safe to be alone so late in the evening. Especially for a pretty girl like you.” He smiled softly at my surprised expression--I was still in shock. 
 
Feeling my face burn up when I realized he called me pretty, I began to think, No, you mustn’t be quick to fall for those words…he’s a stranger! He could be a weirdo! I shook my head of these thoughts and replied, “O-oh…Yes, I’m fine, thank you. I‘m just waiting for a friend.” 
 
“Is this ’Lily’ the friend you’re waiting for? It’s rather late to be waiting for someone out in the cold like this…Oh, where are my manners, allow me to introduce myself.” He reached out his hand while smiling, “I’m Seunghyun.” 
 
I nervously looked at his hand then at him, then finally reached out and shook his hand, “I’m Yuri.” 
 
“Hello, Yuri, it’s a pleasure to meet you. May I sit?” He gestured to the spot next to me on the bench and smiled again when I consented. 
 
“So, Yuri. Why are you out here at this hour waiting for your friend?” He tilted his head to one side and looked at me with those lovely brown eyes…gosh those eyes…I could get lost in them…
 
“Yuri?”
 
I snapped back to reality and began to blush again realizing I had just been daydreaming while staring straight back at him. 
 
“Sorry, I got lost in my thoughts.” I gave him an apologetic smile and he lightly chuckled at my embarrassment. I began to tell him the reason why I was out so late and he suddenly cut me off. 
 
“So, you’re going to wait out here all night for her to come back? That’s crazy! You should come with me and stay the night at my place.” 
 
“W-what?” I asked, shocked by what he just told me. “We barely know each other…what if you end up being a psycho and chop me up into pieces and feed me to the birds?!” 
 
He began to laugh and replied, “You have such a wild imagination! How do I know you’re not a crazy girl who sleeps on street benches for fun?” 
 
“I’m not crazy!” Instantly becoming defensive and said with a pout, “I told you why I’m here…”
 
He laughed again, “And I feel sorry that you have to wait out in the cold for your friend. It’s already 1 a.m. if she hasn’t come back by now, I’d say she won’t be back until morning. Will you wait that long for her out here?” 
 
My phone suddenly went off, Munja wa shong…munja wa shong…I saw a text from Lily: 
 
Yuri! I’m sorry, I completely lost track of time! It seems I won’t be going back to the hotel tonight. Sorry for any inconvenience I may have caused…maybe you can ask the front desk for another key? I’ll see you tomorrow!
 
I sighed and entertained the thought of sleeping out here for the night. 
 
After deciding against sleeping on the cold and hard bench, I chose to accept his invitation and spend the night at his place. But little did I know what was waiting for me…
 
-----------------------------------------------
 
That's the end of Chapter 1! I hope it was somewhat interesting...I'll try to add the next chapter soon! :)