Chapter 15

Life As A TS Trainee

Mary's POV~

 
Winter was here, which meant our winter break was getting closer. I waited for the bus to come, but mainly for Daehyun. The bus had come, but still no sign of Daehyun anywhere. *Where could he be?*
 
I looked around to see if he'd come last minute, but the bus driver became impatient and honked for me to get on, so I did. I got off the bus and went to the practice room to see no one in there. *Is there no practice today?*
 
I the music to practice on my own when Daehyun walked in. 
 
"Oppa, where were you this morning?" I asked walking up to him. He had a straight face on and just stared me in the eyes. He then started to approach me, making me back away. "Daehyun, are you okay?"
 
"Mary," he softly said, that melted my heart. A smirk then formed on his face as I was trapped up against the mirror with him putting his palms against it on both sides of my face. He leaned down and was only a few inches away from having our lips touch. "Mary, I love you."
 
"B-bwoh?" I gasped. He came in closer and closer, having our lips brush against each others, feeling a tingly feeling go down my spine. 
 
"I said, I. Love. You," he said slowly, feeling his warm breath against my lips. 
 
"Oppa, I-" he kissed me before I could finish my sentence. It was a gentle kiss, then it got deeper and more rough. He let the kiss go, panting for air and smirked down at me. He caressed my face and leaned down again. 
 
"Mary, I love you," he whispered against my lips. "Mary...Mary...noona..."
 
His voice faded away as I saw everything blurring up. No, this can not be a dream!! Daehyun would never call me noona, only...Youngjin would!
 
"NOONA!!" Youngjin's voice boomed as I shot up from my bed. I looked at him with wide eyes as he smiled at me. 
 
"Why did you wake me up?!" I firmly said as he shrugged. 
 
"Maybe because Daehyun hyung's here," he said and skipped out my room. I groaned and laid on my bed. 
 
"Wait...Daehyun's here?!" I gasped and shot out of bed to look out the door. I slowly opened the door and saw him in the living room with Youngjin, playing. "Aish, why is he here?"
 
I put on a pair of sweats over my shorts and pulled on a sweater. I walked out all scrubby as he smiled at me. 
 
"Morning Mary," he said with the brightest tone ever. "Are you wearing that to practice?"
 
I looked at myself and nodded. "You jealous?"
 
"Pssh, of course not. I mean, look at you," he said laughing as I lightly hit him. "I'm just kidding Mary. C'mon, lets get going."
 
After packing some things up and doing my morning routine, I headed out with Daehyun and Youngjin. He had to come with us since halmeoni was out at work. We then bumped into Jonghwan on our way to the bus stop. 
 
"Hyung~!" Youngjin shouted and ran up to him. Jonghwan picked him up and smiled over at me. I waved and walked up to him with Daehyun. 
 
"It's been awhile since we've last seen each other," he said once he set Youngjin down. "I feel like its been years since then. How's training?"
 
"It's getting better. I've missed you," I said as he smiled, then looked over to Daehyun. 
 
"I see you're treating them well," Jonghwan said, but the tone in his voice sounded a bit harsh. 
 
"Hyung, do you want to come with us to see noona practice?" Youngjin asked as Jonghwan smiled down at him and shook his head. 
 
"I'm sure they don't allow people like me," he said and looked over to me. 
 
"Noona brings me there all the time," Youngjing said as I grabbed his hand. 
 
"You're different though," I replied and looked at Jonghwan. "It was nice seeing you again. Maybe you can come by tonight and join us for dinner and catch up."
 
"I'd like that," he replied and walked away without a single goodbye. I watched Jonghwan walk away when Daehyun grabbed my shoulder. 
 
"Lets get going. We're late," he said and we got on the bus. 
 
Jonghwan's POV~
 
I headed to Hyukjin's house after seeing the bus leave. I entered his house to see all my friends playing games. 
 
"Oh, hyung, you're here," Hyukjin said while upper lip, concentrating. 
 
"Did you see Mary today?" Rockhyun asked as I nodded and plopped down next to Minwoo. 
 
"Was she with that Daehyun guy again?" he asked. I slightly nodded while playing with my phone. "Yah, why don't you tell him to back off and that she's yours?"
 
"I can't do that," I said as they all looked at me. "How can she be mine when I'm not hers?"
 
"Aish, chincha...kid, you're too weak. You give up too easily," Minwoo scolded me. "You're just gamma have to make her love you."
 
"Hyung, you know I can't do that. It's wrong," I said. He scoffed and grabbed a can of beer from the table and handed it to me. 
 
"Your parents raised you too well," he said and took a sip of his beer. I opened my can and drunk it. 
 
3rd Person POV~
 
"I should get going," Jonghwan said, a bit buzzed. 
 
"You shouldn't go out drunk. Wait til you're sober," Sanghoon said with a worried expression. Jonghwan went up to him and patted his shoulders. 
 
"Can't. I have a date with Mary," he said with a wink and walked out the door. 
 
"Someone should go after him," Sanghoon said, but got no response. Everyone was buzzed and had fallen asleep, the only sober one was Sanghoon. "I guess I'll have to go."
 
------
 
Daehyun was carrying Youngjin in his arms while Mary walked by his side. 
 
"Are you excited for winter break?" he asked her. She nodded and looked up at the sky to see it snowing. 
 
"Oppa, it's snowing," she said with a warm smile. He didn't care about the snow, all he wanted was her and her smile. They continued walking and reached her stairs just when Jonghwan had arrived. 
 
"Mary, there's something I need to tell you," Jonghwan said with tired eyes. 
 
"Lets talk inside then," she said and was heading up the stairs when he grabbed her hand. 
 
"No, we need to talk here so he can here this too," Jonghwan said and looked at Daehyun. They were both confused, then Jonghwan pulled Mary closer to him, making Daehyun tense up. "Mary-"
 
"Oppa, why do you smell like alcohol?" Mary asked, trying to break free from Jonghwan. 
 
"Just hear me out," he said firmly. "Mary...I...w-why does it have to him?"
 
"What are you talking about?" she asked, even more confused. Jonghwan looked at Daehyun with hot teary eyes. 
 
"Why does it have to him? Why can't it be me?" he asked again this time with the tears falling. 
 
"Oppa, you're hurting me. Let me go," Mary said, scared. Daehyun wanted to pull them apart, but he was holding onto Youngjin. 
 
"Just tell me then I'll let you go!" Jonghwan shouted, waking Youngjin up. 
 
"H-hyung?"
 
"Daehyun, bring Youngjin inside and stay don't come out," Mary demanded. Although he didn't want to he did. 
 
------
 
"Mary, I...I love you," Jonghwan said. Mary widened her eyes and looked at Jonghwan, who was letting his tears slowly drop. "Everyday, I think about you. I miss. I wonder if you're doing fine. I wonder if you're with...Daehyun. I came back to Korea to see you again, but I guess I made the wrong decision."
 
"Oppa..." she softly said, not knowing what to say. 
 
"I love you, but why does it have to be him you love?" he asked as she hung her head low. 
 
"Jonghwan, you're drunk. You don't know what you're saying," Mary said, worried about him. He was taken aback by her response and so he backed away. 
 
"That's right. I'm drunk, everything I've said meant nothing," he said and turned around, walking away. 
 
"Jonghwan!" Mary called out, but he didn't stop and continued to walk away. Jonghwan turned the corner, bumping into someone. 
 
"Sanghoon?" Jonghwan questioned as the boy nodded. "Did you hear everything?"
 
Sanghoon slowly nodded while hanging his head low. 
 
"You're not drunk, are you?" he asked his hyung. Jonghwan shook his head, saying he was 100% sober. "So everything you've said to her, was from your own heart?"
 
Jonghwan nodded and walked past his dongsaeng. 
 
"Hyung!" Sanghoon called out. Jonghwan stopped and turned around, waiting for Sanghoon to continue. "You'll have to let her go. You and I both know she won't ever love you the way she does for Daehyun."
 
Jonghwan didn't want to hear the truth when he already knew it, so it just brushed it off and walked away with Sanghoon following behind. 
 
------
 
"You alright?" Daehyun asked once Mary entered the house. "He didn't hurt you or anything right?"
 
"No, he would never," she replied in a soft voice. 
 
"You're freezing. You were out there for a long time," Daehyun said and took her coat off, handing her a blanket. 
 
"Is Youngjin back asleep?" she asked as he nodded. 
 
"I had to read him a bedtime story before he fell back asleep," he said and they both sat on the couch. "What did he mean when he said, why does it have to be me?"
 
Mary's heart raced and avoided eye contact. "It's nothing. Don't worry about it."
 
Daehyun wanted to know, but he didn't to force it out from her. "You should get some rest. I'll leave once you fall asleep."
 
Mary nodded and they headed into her room. She laid in her bed as Daehyun sat on the edge of it, perishing her hair out of her face. Once Daehyun thought she was asleep, he got up and looked at her. 
 
"Sleep tight Mary," he softly said and leaned down to kiss the top of her forehead. "And I love you."
 
Once he closed the door behind him, Mary's eyelids slowly lifted up. He loves me? It's like my dream came true.