Thirty two

Dear Diary
( Jonghyun's pov )
 
" But I've just moved back to Korea. " I groaned into the phone feeling somewhat frustrated. 
 
" Jonghyun, you're a business man you can't stay in one place for too long. Besides, mom misses you a lot. " 
 
" Mom? She's there in the UK as well?! " 
 
" Well the main building in America was shifted to UK last week. So naturally, we moved with it. " 
 
" What? Dad, you're living in UK now? " 
 
" Yes Jonghyun. You have always wanted to live here didn't you? Since young. Me and your mom was actually wondering if you would consider joining us to stay in the UK. We were planning to talk about it with you after the meeting here. But what gives, you don't even want to come for a meeting. " my dad snorted into the phone and sizzling sound could be heard from the other end of the phone. 
 
" I've just settled down and I have to fly again.. To the UK. And it's so messy here in Korea. " I messed up my hair and whine into the phone. " and by the way, are you by chance cooking steak while talking to me? " " the steaks here are really good. Who could resist? And, it's just a meeting Jonghyun. You could fly back to Korea after a day. But you know, the staying with us in UK offer is still up. "
 
Staying in the UK... I have always wanted to stay in an English country since I was young.. I loved the culture and people there.. But.. Korea.. All my friends are here..and she's here.. But I have already decide to give her up didn't I.. Maybe I should really- 
 
" Jonghyun? Are you still there? What's with the silence? " the familiar steak sizzle came back into my hearing along with my dad's voice. 
 
" oh uhm it was nothing. I was just thinking about the choices I have in life. " I said feeling flustered. But well, I wasn't exactly lying.. 
 
" the choices in your life are made by you and only you. so you should never regret your decisions because it's what you think was right at that moment even if you regret it in the future. So you should make a wiser choice of everything in your life. No matter how big or small. Remember that Jonghyun. Remember it well. " there was a sound of metal against metal and a sudden sharp and loud sizzle was heard. " damn the steak is gonna be burnt in this heat. Talk to you again soon Jonghyun, steak is more important! " with that, the sound of the sizzle was gone.
 
 He hung up on me.. 
 
Because of a steak. 
 
I laughed silently and place my forehead on my palm to rest my head. My father hasn't changed after all these years. Not at all. Including his ability to help me make the most important decisions in my life with his impactful words. 
 
" alright. It's decided. " I stood up from the dining table and speed walk to my room, dialling my secretary's number in the keypad. I put my phone against my ear and flunk my closet open, grabbing a luggage and dumping clothes inside. " yes, uijang? " 
 
" book the earliest flight for me to the UK right now. I'll be packing my things and going to the airport straight away. When I reach there, I expect you to mail me my flight details and have my ticket prepared. " " b-but uijan- " I hung up the phone without listening to her protest and threw my phone on my bed. Now.. What else do we need in the luggage? 
 
------
( Key's pov )
 
That stupid Jonghyun. Stupid stupid Jonghyun. I cursed in my head and ran to the ticket counter with Jihye right behind my trail. " can we please have two tickets for the earliest flight to London, UK? " " sure hold on a moment. " 
 
" key, although I really want to go after Jonghyun but isn't the tickets expansive? I can't afford one myself- " 
 
" money isn't the problem here right now. You want to see Jonghyun, I want you to see Jonghyun, so you will see Jonghyun got that? " Jihye frowned at my words and looks like she was about argue back but was stopped by the receptionist. 
 
" excuse me sir, the earliest flight to London is at 12:35pm. "
 
" Alright, may I purchase a pair of tickets for that flight? " " sure may I have your passports and credit card for the issuing and payment of tickets? " I passed her our passports and glanced at my watch 12:05pm, half an hour before the flight " here's your ticket sir have a nice flight to London. " I hastily took the stuff from the receptionist hand and walk towards the departure hall. 
 
" key, are you sure about this? " 
 
" you've just got to follow me and meet Jonghyun and tell him everything. Other then that you have nothing to worry about. " " but key.. " " I said you have nothing to worry about. This is what I want to do for you Jihye, so let me do what I want alright. " a small silence rise up on the air among the two of us as we walk into the departure hall and to our gate number after our passports has been checked. I felt a tug on my sleeve and turn to look at Jihye. " uhm, key.. " 
 
" what is it? " 
 
" thank you. " she mumbled and let go of my sleeve. Her words caught me off guard. However, I felt a smile appear on my face and I reach out pat her shoulder gently before speed walking to the gate again. I'm not doing this for you Jihye, I'm doing this for myself. For myself to be able to forget you. 
 
-----
 
( jonghyun's pov )
 
Burying half my face into my scarf and stuffing my gloveless hands deep into my coat pocket, I waited for the door to open as the doorbell rang throughout the house in front of me. It's so much colder at this time of the year in London than in Korea. Finally, a click sound was heard and the door opened to reveal my mom, standing at the door way wearing a suit. 
 
" Jonghyun!! " she exclaimed and grab me into a tight hug. " you finally decided to come and see us did you you scoundrel. " " mom, I came for the meeting. Not you. " I replied to her trying to hold in my laugh. " you just had to don't you Jonghyun? " my mom detached herself from the hug and folded her arms, giving me the 'are you serious' face. I just laugh and grab her back into a hug. 
 
" it's my way of telling you I missed you. " " you never change Jonghyun you never change. " she laughed and ruffled my hair, pulling herself out of the hug. " come on now your dad missed you so- " 
 
" I CAN HEAR YOU! I THINK I MISS YESTERDAY's STEAK MORE THEN OUR SON. " dad's voice cut off my mom's sentence and echoed through the long hallway. She just shook her head and smiled 
 
" now you know where you got your lameness from. " laughing at her statement, I headed straight to the kitchen. Sure enough, my dad was there. " so dad what are you experimenting with now? " I look at him as he read through a recipe in a recipe book and doing research on his tablet. 
 
" nothing much. Just trying out a new flavour. " he answered nonchalantly and started pouring the different sauces expertly in a bowl. " you know dad, sometimes I think you should be a chef instead of a businessman. " he just smiled and continued with his.. Mixing. Seeing this as a sign for me to leave him alone, I quietly walk away, stretching my stiff body on the way to the huge living room. 
 
" oh and Jonghyun, the room on the second floor on the right is yours. " my mom's voice echoed throughout the first floor. Shouting back an okay, I grab my luggage and walk up to the second floor. It's time to get use to my new room now. A room which I will be in often from now on. 
 
-----
 
(Nobody's pov)
 
" Are you sure key? Don't we have to inform him first? Will this be okay? Will his parents mind? Will Jonghyun be angry? " Jihye started bombarding key with questions, feeling worried and insecure. Key just sigh and turn to look at Jihye, answering her question with patience. 
 
" yes I am sure. No we don't have to. It will be okay. The parents know me and treat me like their son as well. No. Jonghyun will not be angry. Why would he be if he sees you? " An obvious uncertainty could be seen appearing on Jihye's face, as if she didn't believe Key's words. 
 
" we will be fine. Don't worry alright? " key have Jihye a small smile and held Jihye's wrist, pulling her lightly towards the front porch of the mansion. " how did you know where they stayed anyway? " Jihye asked softly, marvelling at the mansion. 
 
" I asked Jonghyun's parents yesterday night at the hotel on where they were staying and the told me willingly, asking me to visit whenever I could. " key replied simply and reached out to press the doorbell. The doorbell sound could be heard echoing throughout the whole mansion. It's really ironic how there doesn't seem to be any doorman or guard around this mansion. 
 
" wait a moment!! "
 
 Jonghyun's voice could be heard from the other end of the door. Jihye turn to look at key with wide eyes still amazed that it was really jonghyun's family that is living here and also worried about seeing him again. And this time as the old Jihye he had known. 
 
Key just looked at the front door, waiting patiently for it to open. There was the sound of locks unlocking and the door flung open showing Kim Jonghyun. His eyes widen at the sight of his visitor. It was apparent that he didn't expect them. Not at all. " Jihye?? Kibum?? What are you two doing here? "
 
------