Feelings.

Dear Diary

 

 
 
I look down at the cafe's table blankly as the conversation with Jonghyun yesterday keep flashing in my mind. Unconsciously, I bit my bottom lips and tighten my hand grip on the coffee cup, causing it to crumple abit in the process. 
 
" Oh. Kibum ! " I heard someone called my name and quickly snap out of my daze. " what are you doing here ? " the person ask and say down opposite me and pulling her beanie down to cover her ears.
 
 " oh. Jihye. Annyeong. " I mumbled and took a sip of my still warm coffee. " fancy seeing you here though. " she said and took a sip of her own cup if coffee. " I come here everytime... When I need to think about things.
 
 " I sigh and glide my index finger along the rim if the coffee cup. " hmm. You seems to be out of character today. " she said and lean towards me. 
 
" a penny for your thoughts ? " she continued and look at me with her clear eyes. I gulp and look everywhere else except for her. Sadly, the feeling I have for Jihye is still very strong.
 
 " it's nothing much. " I finally said and let out a sigh. " was it about..... Jonghyun ? " she ask, looking curious. " Jonghyun ? You remember him ? " I semi shouted, sitting up at the process. 
 
" sadly, no. " she mumbled and look at her coffee cup. I can't help but feel kind of relief when she said she still doesn't remember him. " but he seemed familiar though. And he made me feel... Weird. I don't exactly know him right now.. But.. He's already making feel kind of weird. " she frowned and pursed her lips.
 
 " weird ? Weird in what sense ? " I frowned and lean forward on the table. " well.. When I saw him at the ice ring yesterday, my heart was beating fast.. Really fast. And... Although it was super cold over there, I felt my palms starting to sweat and I just.. Felt warm all over. It's really weird. Since my accident, I never felt this way this way to anyone before. Never. " she sigh and took a sip of her coffee.
 
 I felt my heart crumble a little at her words as I tighten my grip around the coffee cup. I composed my face and look at her. " have you ever thought that... Maybe.. Jonghyun is the one that you loved before your accident ? " I said and bit my bottom lips. 
 
" the one I loved before the accident ? " she started and stared at me while frowning. " Kibum. Do you actually know about my past life ? " she ask, narrowing her eyes at me. " I.. I.. I do know. But I can't tell you. " I mumbled and stared at the cup.
 
 " so you knew all along and you won't tell me ?! And why can't you tell me ?! " she argued as her frown went deeper. " I.. I just can't. It would be better if you remember everything yourself. Because, I don't want to force you to remember.. And saying your past out, you might not want to remember it ever. " I whispered sharply towards the end and drank my coffee. 
 
" but Kibum ! It's the past of my life. Mine. At least I deserve to know right ? I really have no idea what actually happen in the past. I just know that you, Jinki oppa, Minho and Taemin are my best friends. But now that Jonghyun appears, and I feel so weird, I can't help but think that all of you are hiding something from me. Something about Jonghyun in my past from me. " she finished in one breath and I saw tears forming in her eyes. 
 
" all of us wants you to remember too. We don't want to keep secrets from you. We really don't. You're our best friend Jihye ! Who would want to keep their best friend in the dark ?! But we have no choice ! We don't want to pressure you. We want you to remember it naturally. And also, if we tell you, you would keep trying to remember and that's not good for your mind ! We don't want to lose you Jihye ! " I whispered loudly and look at her. 
 
She was biting her bottom lips and looking at her coffee cup. " do you understand where we are coming from ? " I whispered again. Gently this time. She nodded and look up at me. " sorry. " she mumbled and look down again. I sigh and stood up and went to sit beside her. " it's okay. It's natural for you to want to remember. Just just let it come naturally alright ? " I ask and hug her to calm her down. 
 
" okay.. " she mumbled and let out sigh. Even in this type of situation, I felt my heart pick up speed again. I twisted my lips and look out if the cafe window trying to calm my heart down. And that's when I spot him. Jonghyun. He was sanding on the next street looking at me embracing Jihye with a shock but sad look on his face. 
 
" oh . " I whispered under my breath as panic seep in. I promised Jonghyn.. " Jihye. I got to go. See you. " I said quickly and ran out if the coffee shop. I know it is wrong to leave Jihye there alone. But right now, clearing this thing up is more important.
 
 I started looking around to find Jonghyun when I noticed he wasn't standing at the spot where I saw him. " damn. Where are you Jonghyun ? " I look around again and noticed his shiny and silky black hair. 
 
He was walking down the street with his shoulders obviously deflated. " Jong ! Jonghyun ! " I shouted once I was across the street. I saw Jonghyun's figure tense up and he stop walking as he heard my call. Grabbing the opportunity of him stopping, I ran and quickly as I can and held into his shoulders. 
 
" Jong.. hyun. It's... Not.... How it.... Seems. " I said quickly while panting. " I know. You don't need to explain. " He said softly and patted my hand that was on his shoulders. 
 
" I just can't help feeling a stab in my heart when I see my best friend with the girl I love. " he smiled ruefully. I open my mouth to comment that there was nothing going on with me and Jihye when Jonghyun continued.
 
 " I know... That there is nothing between the two of you. I trust my best friend you know. " he said and smiled a little. " so don't you worry Kibum. I trust you. So you don't need to explain. It's just a... Natural feeling when you see someone with someone you like. So don't you worry about it. " he said meaningfully and turn to look at me. " see you around. 
 
We should hang out soon. But I have a meeting in 10 minutes. " he walk backwards and waved at me. " bye. " he mouthed and waved again. I just stood there and wave back. After a minute of walking backwards and waving, Jonghyun his heels and slot his hands into his suit's pocket, disappearing down the streets.
 
 I look at his disappearing figure and sigh. " it's time to put a stop- loving- Jihye plan in action for me. " I mumbled to myself and walk down the opposite side of the street, thinking of ways to kill the romantic feeling I have for Jihye. " the next few weeks is going to be terrible. " I groaned and started listing down pits and pieces of the plan in my mind.
 
---------
(A/N) 
Sorry for the late update ><