Time together. (part 1)

Dear Diary

 

 
 
* do note that " Uijang " is chairman in Korean. Like for example, Jonghyun is A chairman in the Kim corps, so he is called " uijang. "
 
------
 
( Key's POV )
 
" Jonghyun.. " I mumbled to myself and stuck out my Right hand's index finger. " Jihye. " I mumbled again and stuck out my left hand's index finger. " hmmm. " I  look to and fro from the two fingers thinking.
 
 " how can I make the two of you... " I stop halfway and put my two index finger together. " together. " I finished and scratch my head sighing. I rub the bottom of my chin, something i always do when I am thinking about something. 
 
" hmm... " I look around my room and spotted my phone on the desk beside me. " phone... Hmm.. " I thought harder and look at the phone intensly. " OH RIGHT ! I GOT IT ! " I shouted, standing up with bright eyes before grabbing my phone. 
 
( Jonghyun's POV )
 
" alright. Alright I got it. See you in half an hour. " I said through the phone and smiled before hanging up. Once I heard the beep of the phone, I took it away from my ear and sigh. 
 
Key... Is my best friend. And Jihye, is the girl I love. Seeing my best friend suffering because coincidentally, he also loves Jihye, makes me feel.. Sad. 
 
And key, How many people in this world would sacrifice their love for their best friend ? Very little, that's what I could say and key, is one of them. I let out another sigh and stood up from my leather chair, grabbing my coat in the process.
 
 " oh.. uijang where are you going ? " My secretary walk into the room, carrying files just as I was going to go out. " I'm going to meet my friend. I'll come back tomorrow to finish the paper work. " I said, wearing my coat.
 
 " but you have a meeting at 4 today.. " she continued and look at me with wide eyes. " cancel it. " I simply said and walk out of the room and down the hallway.. " but.. Uijang.. It's concerning the collaboration with the Lee corps ! " She shouted down the hallway. 
 
" just cancel it. The Lee corps isn't as important as my best friend. Besides, we already have collaboration with the Choi, Jo, Han and park corps. " I shouted back and went into the lift.
 
 I pressed the level to the lobby and look up to see my secretary standing there looking at me blankly. I shot her a smirk before the door to the lift closed completely. 
 
( Jihye's pov )
 
* ring ring *
 
I groaned and stretch out one arm from my comfy blanket, trying to reach for the phone which was on my bed side table. When I finally grab something shaped like my phone, I pulled my hand back into the comfort of my blanket and rub my eyes while yawning. 
 
Without sparing a glance at the caller ID, I just slide the screen to pick up the call. " yobu- * yawn *-seyo ? " I mumbled into the phone and sat up, feeling groggy. " yah ! Jihye ah ! You're still asleep ?!! " I heard key's voice from the other end shouting at me.
 
 " Mmm... " I Hummed into the phone feeling my eyelids dropping. " yah ! You this sleepy head. " key chuckled from the other end of the line. " get out of bed ! We are going to the amusement park ! " I felt myself perk up at the word amusement park and suddenly, the sleepiness vanished.
 
 " amusement park ? Lotte world ?? " I ask through the phone excitedly. " yup " he said and I could imagine him nodding while talking into the phone. " okay ! I'll go prepare ! " I shouted excitedly and threw my not-so-comfy-anymore blanket away from me. I quickly put my phone in the desk and charge into the toilet, excited about the day ahead.
 
( Nobody's POV )
 
Key was sitting peacefully in his favorite coffee shop, sipping his just brewed coffee. Twirling the phone round and round between his index finger and thumb, he let out a small smile.
 
 Oh he knows pretty well that the two of them will not like this plan of his. Pretty sure. He stop twirling his phone and place it on the coffee table glancing out of the glass window of the cafe and to the next street. 
 
And standing right there, beside a lamp post was Jonghyun, looking.. As calm as ever. Key let out another small smile and look at the end of that same street.
 
 And just as predicted, there Jihye was walking.. No bouncing down the street looking excited. But all that bouncing stopped once she saw Jonghyun standing there, the spot where Key ask both of them to be at.
 
 From key's view it looks like they were exchanging some words between them. Key lean back on his seat and grab his phone from the table. He allowed his fingers to fly across the keyboard, typing a message. 
 
After reading through his message twice, he pressed sent and look over to the next street where Jonghyun and Jihye was, looking for any signs of reaction. 
 
Sure enough, both Jonghyun and Jihye took out their phone, seeming to read something that was sent to them. Jonghyun and Jihye then look at each other and they seems to be exchanging words again.
 
 Key rested his head in his palm and look at the two of them with interest. Jihye then nodded slowly and both Jonghyun and Jihye were off in the same direction. Key felt his phone vibrate. He unlocked the screen and read through the message.
 
From: Jonghyun
To: Key
 
Yah, you're obvious do you know that ? You shouldn't smile so stupidly looking at us through a clear glass. You look like a fool. And I don't want a fool as a wife. Kekeke. But anyways, thanks Key, you're... JJANG.
 
Of course. Jonghyun would see through this plan of his. They were best friends since forever. Key smiled lightly and took a sip of his coffee. He reach into go pocket and took out a small memo.
 
 " getting Jihye and Jonghyun to go on a date, check. " he said to himself and strike off the first step of the list on ' getting Jihye's memories back ' list. He smiled again, lightly and look at the other street, just in time to see the two of them disappear down the street. 
 
( Jonghyun's Pov )
 
" cancel, cancel it all. I'm not available today. Bye. " I said into the reciever of my phone and hung up. Having a persistent secretary is never good. I lean Lightly againts the lamp post, waiting for key to appear.
 
 He said something about spending the day at a amusement park to catch up and bring back some memories ? It sounds kind of weird to me.
 
 I felt a pair of eye staring at me and turn to my right to see Jihye standing there, looking all awkward. Of course. Jihye would be following. That explains the memory part. " Hello. " I smiled gently at her. 
 
As much as I want to pull her into an embrace right now, I can't. " eh.. Hi.. What are you doing here.. Jonghyun-sshi ? " she ask, looking at me indifferently. 
 
Her words somehow stung me in some way. It's like she doesn't want to see me. " Key invited me here. He said something about spending the day at Lotte world. " I replied simply and look at the tile next to her feet.
 
 " oh.. But.. Jonghyun-sshi, why are you wearing a .. Suit to Lotte world ? " she look at my suit with a uncomfortable expression. " I came stright from my office. And.. You can drop the formalities... It's kind of weird to me.. " I cleared my throat and loosen the tie around my neck.
 
 " I... I will try.. " she said awkwardly and then there was silence in the air. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, signalling a message received. I took my phone out from my pocket and turn to my left and started reading the message. 
 
From: Key
To: Jonghyun
 
Hey, I don't really feel well right now.. I think I'm having a bad case of diarrhoea. You two go have fun. Sorry again.
 
I frown at the message and turn to look at Jihye. Sure enough, she also Got the message and was frowning at her phone. That message, doesn't sound like key. At all. He only eats the best food and is conscious of his own body.. So it's kind of impossible for him to get diarrhoea. 
 
I caught a glimpse of familiar blond hair at the corner of my eyes. I small smile went through my face once I was sure who it was.
 
 " so.. Key said he couldn't make it... Did you Receive the message ? " I ask and turned to look at Jihye. " yeah... He said he has a Bad case of diarrhoea.. " she said and sigh. " well.. Do you still want to go to Lotte world ? " I smiled warmly at her while typing a message on my phone.
 
 " yeah.. But.. Kibum.. " she trailed off and sigh again. " he's not coming doesn't means that we still can't go ourselves. Besides, we are already outside.. Might as well just go ? " I suggested and press the sent button on my phone before putting it back in my pocket. 
 
Jihye seems to be pondering as she was frowning and looking all serious. Finally, she looked at me and nodded slowly. " yeah.. Sure.. I've wanted to go to Lotte world for a long time anyways.. " she strug and smiled warmly at me.
 
 She smiled. At me. I felt myself cheered inside which was the total opposite of my calm façade. I nodded and gestured for her to walk first before following her. * thanks key.. For sacrificing for me.. And for being my best friend. * I thought to myself and felt my lips twitch up in a smile.
 
------