Chapter 31

Dear Diary
( Key's pov )
 
" Aish that stupid Jonghyun. How can he make this kind of decision?! Going all ' Stop trying to persuade me Key, because I have made up my mind ' " I  muttered to myself, trying to
Imitate him. " what was he trying to do? Trying to be mature? Hah! He is so damn funny. " 
 
I continued cursing Jonghyun under my breath while reaching for my apartment key in my bag. 
 
" he always tries to make himself look so humble and mature. Always trying to- " I paused in the middle of my sentence and look at my ajar apartment front door. 
 
" Wha... Why is my apartment door unlocked? " Releasing the grip on my apartment key in my bag and swallowing my saliva to clear the lump in my throat, I slowly and carefully, pushed open my apartment door further. 
 
Thief? Is it a thief? Or is it some gangster? Or... Is someone going to... Going to kidnap me?! I bit my bottom lips and slip my legs out of my shoes, leaving my socks on. The socks will reduce the friction and make my footsteps quieter right? Will it? Or will I just slip and fall and the kidnapper will come and grab me and tie me and and.. Okay key control your thoughts control your thoughts. 
 
Holding my breath, I pushed the apartment door open fully and step in to be greeted by a dark living room. Huh.. This is odd. Is there no one in here? No key, you cannot let your guard down yet!! What if the person is hiding and waiting to strike??!! I pressed my lips together and look around the apartment to see if anything is different in anyway. 
 
Wait is there light coming from my room??!! Oh my.. The.. The person is in my room!!! " okay key, you need to keep calm. " grabbing something solid from the dinning table beside me, I took small yet quick steps to my bedroom. Okay key, there should be someone in there you need to keep calm and be tough! The almighty key isn't afraid of anything! Alright alright LETS AMBUSH THAT PERSON! 
 
" YAHHHHHHHHHHH!! " 
 
I screamed and push the door open, ready to hit anyone or anything with everything I've got. But the person that my eyes lay on once the door opened, was not someone that I had expected. " wait.. What? Jihye?! What are you doing- " she's crying. Oh gosh she's crying!! I put down the solid thing in my hand - which turns out to be a tv remote - and walk towards Jihye who was a miserable pile on the floor. 
 
" what's wrong? Why are you here crying and- " my eyes landed on the recorder in her hand and I felt all blood drained from my face. 
 
" J-Jihye.. D-did you- "
 
 " Key.. Kibum.. I- I remember everything... "
 
------
 
" Drink this, it'll calm you down and you'll feel better. " I took the just brewed camomile tea from the tray and handed it to Jihye, who still seems to be in shock. I've tried to calm her down through talking for the past hour but all she does was babble and break down from time to time. 
 
In the end, I just dragged her to the guest room and made her lie down while I brew tea to calm her down. " do you feel at least a little better? " she nodded slightly but her eyes were still open so wide that it scares me. 
 
" I-I-I'm trying.. T-to ge-get myself t-together. " she mumbled almost inaudibly. " Hey Jihye, it's okay. Take your time. I won't rush you alright. Take your time to adjust your emotional feelings. " 
 
It must be so tough for her. Imagine all your memories come back all at once, it's probably going to be a huge impact. " do you want more tea? " she nodded again and passed me her cup with shaky hands. I took the cup from her light grasp and refilled it at the side of the table. 
 
" Y-you know key.. You could have returned me my diary. " 
 
" if I did you would be traumatised and who knows? You might get another brain damage. " 
 
" you've heard the things in it didn't you? " 
 
I put down the teapot back on the tray and pick up the tea cup, handing it to Jihye again. " if I didn't, I wouldn't know what it was. " 
 
" did... Did you hear it all? " 
 
Did I hear it all? I heard it from the time she fell for Jonghyun all the way until when she was depressed and sad and crying while recording. But she can't know that. 
 
" maybe. " s
 
he let out a sigh and -finally- closed her eyes. " camomile tea with honey.. Really works well. " 
 
" do you feel better? " she nodded and opened her eyes giving me a small smile which turned into a frown in a matter of seconds. " Jihye...? " I look towards her hand grasping the cup to realise that she had grip the cup so hard that the skins beneath her fingernails had turn white. What is wrong with her? 
 
" hey Jihye? Are you- " tears were constantly flowing from her eyes down to her chin, dripping onto the comforter. " Jihye?! What's wrong? " 
 
" I.. I feel so stupid. " she mumbled and wiped her tears away roughly with her sleeves. " I was so occupied with wanting to get my memories back and now that I think back, " she paused and sniffed looking down at her tightly grasped cup. 
 
" I just totally ignored the feelings of the people around me. " the skin under her fingernails turned whiter, if possible. " Jonghyun.. He was trying so hard that day at the amusement park.. And you, key, you have been taking care of me, tending to my needs, always being there for me.. But I.. " she sigh and released her tight grip on the cup, the skin under her nails turned red and then back to pink. 
 
" I just cared about my own feelings and thought that losing my memories was the worst thing that could happen to anyone. I was so selfish, so stupid. Everyone around me was hurting more than I did but I had always thought that I was the only one hurting. I was the only one that was sad about my memory lost. "
 
 she sniffled and continuously wipe the tears away from her sleeves. " Jihye.. It's not your fault that you were not aware of your surroundings. Yes we were affected by your condition but the person that is being affected the most is you yourself. You don't even have any idea what was actually going on in your life. We can't blame you for these kind of things. And we won't. " I let out a sigh and ruffled her hair. 
 
" how did you get back all your memories anyway? " she took a sip of the camomile tea from the cup in her hand, not looking back up at me. " I found the recorder in your room's drawer.. And I got curious because it felt so familiar to me.. So before I could stop myself, I was actually listening to the entries one by one. " she paused and lifted her head slightly, still avoiding any eye contact with me. 
 
" when I reach the recording where  confessed that I fell for Jonghyun and how much it hurts seeing him avoiding me.. Everything just started appearing in my mind. All the different scenes. The scenes were all jumbled up at first it was like different occasions are occurring in my mind.. But slowly it all clicked into one whole thing and that was when I realised I remembered everything. " 
 
Her lips formed a small smile as she continued. " I was so scared. It was so sudden.. I felt so confused and all the in answered questions were all being answered in my mind. Who exactly was I in the past? Who was Jonghyun to me? Who were you to me? And of course... The accident. " she stopped and passed me her tea cup. I proceeded to pour her another cup of tea but to realise that I had ran out. 
 
" I'll go and brew another batch- " 
 
" oh my gosh.. Jonghyun. I need to tell Jonghyun- " 
 
" whoa calm down Jihye. " 
 
" I need to tell him I remembered I need to apologise to him. I need to- " 
 
" Jihye! Jihye calm down. " " I need to tell Jonghyun, key, I need to tell him now. " 
 
" Jihye. You are in no condition to meet him now! Why not you take a rest first and we will look for him tomorrow morning? Besides, it's 1 in the morning he is probably asleep. " Jihye looked reluctant but nodded her head anyways. I turn to leave the room with the tray with the teapot and cup in my hands. 
 
" key? "
 
 I stopped in my tracks and turn around to look at Jihye who was already lying down on the bed. " promise me you'll look for him with me tomorrow morning? " 
 
" I promise. " I gave her a small smile and walk out of the room. 
 
-----
 
/ next morning /
 
" that's the Kim corps building right? " Jihye asked pointing towards the building looming upon us. " yeah. Jonghyun should be in there now.. It's already 10. " 
 
" alright then. " Jihye nodded and beside me into the building. " oh! Kibum? " Having been here so many times, I've gotten to know several people here, including Jonghyun's secretary, Junghee. 
 
" Junghee! Just the person I was looking for. Where is Jonghyun? " 
 
" Jonghyun? " she look at me with a weird expression on her face. 
 
" Jonghyun has taken the earliest flight to uk this morning. " 
 
" WHAT?! " 
 
-----