Chapter 8: That's what it is!

Glassy Girl's Love

 

“You’re leaving? Jahee asked while holding my hand. I nodded, “I got important task to do or else my teacher would get mad at me, I wasn’t on my holiday, so I shouldn’t just having fun here. I’m sorry, but I’ve got go. If I got my free time, I would visit you, okay?” I explained. “Jahee,  Jiji unnie got important things to do, she’ll visit us soon, right Jiji?” Mdm. Kim tried to comfort Jahee. “Right, I’ll visit soon. Don’t worry about me” I said and waved goodbye. “Wait, unnie, can you give me your phone number before you go. In case you lost, you can give me a call” Jahee called me and she smiled. I took her phone and dialed my number. “Here you go, take care okay” I said and patted her head. She nodded. “Bye Jiji” they both waved. Mdm. Kim has instructed her driver to send me to the hotel because she said sometimes a taxi driver could not be trusted.

 

 “Thank you, sir” I said in English since he is not Korean. I looked at the hotel building, it really looks so classic but beautiful. Mr. Kang called me this morning said that there is a man will greeted me here later so I waited in the lobby and sat at a red comfy cushion. 5 minutes passed, a Korean man approached me, I was so relieved to meet people with the same country as me. “Hello, are you Meiji?” he asked wearing a black glass so I couldn’t recognize his face well. I nodded. “Hello, I’m Mr. Kang’s best friend. You can just call me Sam, come on I’ll show you to your room” he said. Why didn’t he introduced his full Korean name, or, maybe since we’re in foreign country so he wanted have a foreign name, right? “Sir, may I know when can I start my job?” I asked while we in the lift. “Uhh, about that, you’ll start soon, they still on their flight and maybe they would reach this evening” he replied. Why do people always keep me getting curious about something? Could I really trust them? I just kept silence and followed him behind.

 

“We’re here, this your room card, just insert it in, okay. I’ll be here at 3.30pm sharp, so be ready. You’ll coming with me to pick them later. For now, you’re free to do anything you want but don’t get out from this hotel because its easy to get lot here. Even me, struggling to find my way back to this hotel, okay Meiji” he closed the door. “Alright, sir…I mean Sam. Thank you” I said. He walked away, and I inserted my card in the slot. ‘clink’- The door automatically opened. I stepped inside, the walls were all painted with gold color and there were abstract all over it. This room is enough for a family. I explored everything inside because I was amazed there were 3 small rooms enough for two persons in each. I opened the first room door, its empty so I think this is suitable place for me. I dragged my bags and arranged everything. I took out my clothes to fill up the empty cupboard. Done…I have a look at the bathroom, the bathroom was so bright with the yellow shiny tiles, its exactly like a royal palace, there’s long white bathtub with a curtain. I can’t wait to take my shower later. But something strange, there were two doors could in the bathroom, one was mine and the other, I opened the other door slowly; there’s another room. So, there were two rooms share one bathroom.  Oh no, please don’t tell me I would this whole huge room with Sam and ‘them’. No! It couldn’t be! I hope ‘them’ would be all girls. Please...please!

 

I looked at my watch, its 20 minutes before 3.30pm. So, I hurriedly prepared myself. I went to take a bath; I was purposely to have a shower because I wanted to dip myself in the bathtub. After finishing taking my shower, I opened the door, ehh…why my room looked so different, I ran toward the cupboard. Its empty! I do remember I kept my clothes here, where did it go?! Then, I realized, I entered the wrong room because I was confused with the two doors. Oh, silly me! I went back to MY room, most of the clothes were my aunt bought for me, so I wore anything that I comfortable with. I put on my glass on and then dried my hair. Suddenly, I heard the room’s bell. I went out to open it. “Miss Meiji! Miss Meiji!” someone called.  I opened it, its Sam. “Oh, sir…SS…Sam” I said. I kept felt weird calling him Sam because Sam is just so young for a person like him. “Are you well prepared?” he asked then he entered. “Yes…I’m ready. Sam…why did you chosen this huge room for a person like me?” I asked. “I choose this room for all of us. That’s why it has three small rooms in it. One for you, one for me and for theirs” he said while entering the third room, I bet that was his room. “Meiji, why don’t you wait in the lobby while I find my things first, okay? I’ll catch up later” he said. “Uhh…okay. I’ll wait for you at the lobby, sir” I replied and went down. I was shocked to see many peoples were waiting outside the hotel, most of them were teenagers. They were holding their cameras with them, I saw many banners too. I managed to read one of the banner; MARS? It’s the same word on what Haerim and Jannie mentioned. Are they going to live in this hotel, maybe, I bet. I never thought that Korean artist could have many foreign fans here, I really proud to be Korean. Then, I saw Sam rushed toward me, “Come on, let’s go! We have to reach before they arrive” he said. We were forced to dive in the crowd, they were so many, I could see they were many securities were controlling them. The securities reminded me about those days, the day where Kai and I trying to escape from our school’s securities, it gave me sweet memories sometime. I wonder where he is now; he’s like a best friend to me already.

 

Soon, we reached the airport. I was told to wait in the van by Sam, so I did as he said. The driver was Korean so I got the chance to talk to him. “Excuse me, sir. May I asked you a question?”. “Sure, miss, what it is?” he asked. “Who is them that we need to pick? Mr. Sam didn’t told me everything so I was kinda curious” I replied. “Mr. Sam? Why did you call him Sam? His real name was Goh Sandeol. Yah, he’s really funny” he said without answering my question first. Goh Sandeol? Ohh, so that’s his real name, no wonder. “We’re picking the VIP from Korea, they reached today. I thought you’ve known everything already…oh…look, here they come! Get ready” he continued and went out the driver seat. I look at the window, they were so many people gathered around Mr. Sam and they were other guys with him. The three guys wearing caps and dark spectacles, they were familiar. The driver helped them to avoid the crowd. The crowd gone crazy and kept saying saranghae oppa ya! Married me oppa! Oppa here oppa there and everywhere oppa!...it reminds me of Oppa Gangnam Style. The driver and Sam were heading to this van so I realized I shouldn’t sit there and do nothing so I helped to slide the door opened. I moved to the back seat to give them way. They entered one by one. One of the three guys, wearing a cap sat beside me at the back while Sam was sitting between the other two. The door closed and the driver entered, “Everyone’s okay?” the driver asked. “Yes, everyone’s fine” a guy who sat beside Sam said. “Miss Meiji, are you okay” Sam asked. “MEIJI?!” the three guys exclaimed. Everyone was looking at me; they took off their caps and glasses. OH NO! Its Kai, Dongwoon and Kiseop! “You guys?!” I said in shocked. “Why are you here?” Kiseop asked. “What are you guys doing here?” I asked back. “You guys know each other?” Sam asked surprisedly. “Yes!” everyone exclaimed.

 

“What a coincident!” the driver said and started to laugh. “Sam, why are they here?” I asked Sam. “Now, who is Sam?” Dongwoon asked confusedly. “Its me” Sam spoke out. Kai, Kiseop and Dongwoon laughed out loud. “He is not Sam, he’s Mr. Goh!” Kai said and still laughing. I just sat there and in my heart, WHAT’S THE HELL IS HAPPENING HERE? “Meiji, don’t you know them? They are well known K-pop group in Korea, there are MARS” Sam which known to be Mr. Goh said.

 

“I thought you’ve know us already” Kiseop said. Kai was sitting beside me and he was staring at me like I’m a food or what. “Why are you starring at me like that?” I asked. “I never thought MARS personal teacher would be you. I mean YOU out of other people” he said. “Waeyo? Are you disappointed because I was chosen? If I know it was you guys, I wouldn’t say yes to Mr. Kang and I wouldn’t took this job”I said madly. “Yah…yah…stop quarreling like cats and dogs” the driver said. I crossed my arms and turned myself to the windows. “Meiji, I’m sorry I haven’t told you earlier, I thought you’ve already know. Moreover, you guys have known each other already, so I bet its fine” Mr. Goh told me. “I’m sure Meiji would be a great teacher for us! The prove is, Mr. Kang has choose her out of other students. I heard she’s the best student in her school” Dongwoon gave his compliment. I smiled a little.