Chapter 5

Glassy Girl's Love

 

Kai’s PROV.

 

I could feel Meiji’s arms were holding me tightly. I almost couldn’t breathe. Did she really scared? “Jiji yah! You hugged me too tightly” I shouted since we’re in the highways. There’s silence but I could feel she loosen her grip. Soon, we reached our destination.  I got off from the motorbike and I take off my helmet. Jiji was still sitting there with her helmet on. I helped her took off her helmet slowly. I was shocked, she’s crying. Did I make her cry?

 

“Jiji, are you okay? Why are you crying? I’m sorry if I forced you to come with me?” I wiped her tears. “I…I…was worried that you would do something bad to me. Its my first time went out with stranger” she continued crying. ‘Stranger? Am I a stranger to her? How could her?’ I leave her alone and went straight into the dance studio where we usually practing with Mrs. Jang. I was disappointed of what Jiji said.

“Kai, what brings you here?” Mrs. Jang surprised to see me. “Usually come here with your manger and your friends?” she continued. “Hai, Mrs. Jang. They’re busy with their own works. I came here to practice our next coming album. Would you mind if I borrow it for a day?” I told her. “Oh, of course. Sure. You can use whenever you want. Why wouldn’t I say no to an upcoming super star like you? But, I have some business to finish so I would be out for just an hour. Here’s the key so don’t forget to lock it later” he reminds me. “Okay, kamsahamida Mrs. Jang” I replied and off she go.

 

After a while, I heard noise from the back of our studio. Its Jiji’s voice, she’s in trouble!

 

 

 

Your(Meiji) PROV.

I walked to the back of the studio as soon I heard Mrs. Jang’s voice. I thought for a while, did I was too overreacting towards Kai. He must be annoyed by me. Then, I made my mind to say sorry to him. But, then, I heard footsteps behind me, it must be Kai so I turned back, “Kai! I….” it wasn’t Kai. “Kai? Whose that? Sorry, we’re not Kai” a big tall guy with a funny mustache on him. He was not alone, there were two guys with him. “So, you’re alone glassy girl” another guy said. “She’s kinda pretty though with the glasses on” a guy beside him said. The came closer and closer, “She would be really worthy, yah, just look at her slim body, long legs, curly hair. You shouldn’t be here alone by yourself. You’ve trapped now. No one would know…no one would know…catch her guys!” the leader shouted. I ran but it was dead end. I tried to open the back door studio but it was locked. One of the guy grabbing my hands, I shouted so loudly but I think no one would hear me. It was hopeless, I struggling so hard to escape. Then, I heard the back door opened. The guy who holds my hand turned and I took the chance to bite his hand so hard that he let go ff me. I ran quickly toward Kai and hugged him, my tears started to flow. “Are you okay Jiji? Hurry up, enter” he brought us in and locked the door and even the standard steel gate. “Wait here, I’ll lock the front door” he said and quickly goes. I sat down and cried. I was hopeless and totally blank. I saw Kai returned and then hugged me tightly. “I’m really sorry, really” he said. My tears couldn’t stop flowing. He let go me slowly, and wipe my tears.

 

 “Open up!! Hurry or else we’re going to break this door down” it’s the guy just now. We faced each other. I went nearer to Kai, I was so scared and I could hardly breathe. I got this bad history last time, and I think my asthma is back.

 He opened his eyes and let go. “Are you okay? Come on get up. We need to get out from here” he helped me up and leads us to the front door.  “Are you ready? As soon as I open the door, run as fast as you could towards our motorbike. Then he opened the door quickly, “NOW! RUN!!” he shouted. The guys at the back realized, “There’re they are, CATCH THEM! He’s taking the girl!”.  We ran so fast and quickly ride on the bike.

Finally, we lost them. Kai stopped at a place opposite of our school. “Let’s just walk from here or else the securities would notice us again” he said. I don’t know why I suddenly smile at this moment. Kai’s was really nervous. “Why are you smiling? Are you crazy?” he looked at me. Then, I came back to my senses. “HUH? No, I ‘m not smiling” I denied. “Yah, don’t lie, I know you’re enjoying looking at my handsome face, don’t you. Many girls fall for me because of my looks” he said while arranging the helmets.  “Yah, cheincha, handsome? Are you kidding me? Quite a show off?” I talked back. “Let’s go. We need to cross the road. Hold my hand” he said. “Yah! Why should I? I’m not a small kid anymore why should…” he quickly took my hand and crossed the busy road. We went behind the school’s building and climbed the wall. “Let’s go on our own way now. It’s 5 minutes before Mr. Kang’s class ended. You should go now” he told me. “Uhh, okay. What about you?” I asked. “When did you start to worry about me?” he asked and smiled. Could this guy stop smiling at me? “I’m not worry, I ‘m just asking?” I replied. “I have something important to do, don’t worry” he said and started to climb the wall again, don’t know where he heading to? “Kai!” I shouted before he jumped down. “What?” he looked at me while sitting on the edge of the wall. “I…I just wanna say thank you for today and I’m sorry for causing too much trouble on you, it’s really a great day” I said shyly and gave a cute smile. “It’s nothing. I’m the one you should said sorry, you’re facing troubles because if me. Don’t wasting time, just go! You wouldn’t want Mr. Kang to be mad again, won’t you?” he then disappeared. I nodded and walked into the school quietly.

 

I managed to enter without getting caught. I sat down outside the class. Mr. Kang was about to leave, I was on time. He slides the door open and looked at me, “Why are you alone here? Where’s Kai?” he asked seriously. Before I answered,  Kai showed up. “Stop him!” I heard the security guard trying to chase him. Mr. Kang stopped him. “Damn! He ways too fast. Where did you learned to run like that?” the security trying to catch his breathe. I just laughed. Kai was looking at me and winked. I was startled. Why would he so something like this when he is in trouble? “What’s the problem? “ Mr. Kang asked the security guard. Then, he told everything to Mr. Kang but the story was totally different from what happened. “Follow me to the office, right now!”.

 

 

 

Kai’s Prov.

I took my motorbike and rode it toward the school’s gate. The security noticed me and told me to stop. I did exactly what they said. I took off my helmet; the security guys were surprised to see it was me. “Oh no! Its Kai! So, you’re the one who ran off this morning?” one of them asked. “Yes, I ‘m sorry because its emergency. I need to send my sister to the clinic” I lied. “But you’re the exchange student, so your sister was schooling here all the time” he said. “Yah…my daughter was a huge fan of MARS. You guys were so great on stage” he praised my group. “Sir, would you help me? I would do anything for you?” I said. “You mean, what just happened a moment ago? Of course, would you mind to take a shot with me using my phone? And don’t forget your signature too” he told me. He handed me a pen and a picture of her daughter from his purse. “Done…now, remember. When I run later, you will pretend that you’re chasing me, okay. Say that I escape from the school but don’t tell that my ‘sister’ was with me, okay? Just make out some stories, you know” I remind him. I think out of this plan because,  I bet there’re some students saw us escaped the school this morning. Just hope that this plan would work…oh God!

 

 

Your(Meiji) PROV.

(Next day- during recess time)

I was sitting on a broken bench; reading my novel while waiting for him to return my book. Suddenly, my mind remembered me all the things happened yesterday. Thought I admit, because of him I faced troubles and danger but, I don’t even know why I was feeling really free and it just like that I’ve been trapped in my cage for years. I never thought breaking rules would be that fun. I smiled myself.

 

“Are you smiling?” I’m back from my day-dreaming as I heard a voice. It was Kai, he was standing infront of me with my book in his hand. I stood up and said, “You’re late, recess almost end” . “Waeyo…miss me already? I was late because I was having too much fun talking with Haerim and her friends. Sorry for making you waiting” he replied with his show-face. “If that’s the case, I ‘m sorry for making you coming, if you want to continue chatting with them, please return my book. I need to finish up my notes” I sad madly.  “Why are you suddenly mad? I’ve said I’m sorry. By the way, here’s your book” he handed me the book. I grabbed it and thanked him and walked away. Why did I suddenly moody today? It’s not my fault for being moody, Meiji yah, it’s right to get mad at him since he was late. But the matter was, I was not angry because he was late, it just…he said that I was having fun talking with Haerim and her friends.

Yah! What happened to me?

 

 “Meiji! Meiji!” Kai called out my name but I pretended that I didn’t hear. Out of the blue, I fell to the ground. “Ouch!! My knee” I said in pain. I got friction burned. I heard Kai was running towards me. “I called out your name but you didn’t answer me. Are deaf or what? I wanted to say that your shoe is untied” he kneeled and held my left knee. “Oh no…you’re bleeding. Let me help you to the school‘s clinic” he tried to help me up but refused and told him to let go off me. “Don’t try to help me. I’m not a 5 year old kid. I can go to the clinic by myself! Just go and mind your own business and stop acting that you are caring about me!” I shouted. I forced myself to get up and pretended that I’m fine and can walk by myself. I glared my eyes as I passed him. “Jiji! What happened to you?! Why are you suddenly mad at me?!” he grabbed tight my arm. I turned back, “Nothing is wrong with me.  It’s none of your business if I’m moody or what and stop calling me Jiji at school! Let go off me!!” I walked off madly. Aisshhh…

After medical check, I went to girl’s washroom. I bladder was kinda loaded already. Soon, as I about to open my toilet’s door. I heard Haerim’s voice was entering the washroom talking with her friend. She sounded mad. “Ahhh, I think they really like me. You know that too, right. The way they talked to me, the way they treat me, ahhh…so cute…especially MARS’s leader. He talked so smoothly” she squealed. “Yah…they treat all equally the same. They even treat me like you. But, when we think about, isn’t we’re just so lucky to have a bunch of famous guys are actually here…I mean in our school. So lucky!” its her friend’s voice. “I know, right! Just imagine if one of them could be our boyfriend!” Haerim said.

 “Ahhh, we truly are like goddess here in school and all the girls would be jealous of us” they both laugh.

“By the way, I heard that MARS are going out of the country next week for the Hallyu Concert thing” her friend said. “Is that true? Where could it be? If only I had my phone with me, I would definitely search up in the internet, so we can book the ticket online and went off secretly, isn’t it would be great?” Haerim replied. Then, I heard they went out. I opened my door slowly. Clear!

 

These girls sure know a lot of things far better than me, but what is MARS anyway? Who are they and when did they came to our school? Are they one of the exchange students?