Chapter 7: Goodbye Seoul!

Glassy Girl's Love

 

YESTERDAY- SATURDAY

I was so surprised to see my aunt; the principle, was sitting on my bed. I think she heard the news already about my job Mr. Kang offered me. “Oh, Meiji. You’re back. Come here and sit next to me” she called while patting my bed. “Uhh, okay”, I walked and sat next to her. “What’s wrong aunty? What the important matter that’s bringing you here?” I asked. Then, she holds my hand. “I heard everything already, about Mr. Kang’s offer. That’s good for you, I’m glad that you’re making our school proud. So, today, you and I are going for a shopping to buy things for you” she explained. It’s hard to believe that a really strict and serious aunt and principle turns out to be really bright and cheerful woman. “Never mind, aunty. I don’t to be such a trouble-maker for you, I have enough clothes for me already and everything were well packed” I replied her. “Where’s your bag? Let me see the content” she stood up and asked. I pointed my small bag which at the corner beside my bed. “You mean that small bag, a really small bag?” she asked. Then, she took my bag and ped it, she was digging up the whole thing in it. “Ohh, aunty…what are you doing? That’s my personal things!” I was so worried, I didn’t have a clue, and what was she actually trying to do? She was holding my bras and my singlet and my shirts and she was throwing it away. “You see, it’s like rubbish backyard inside your bag, everything were way to old, now, get ready, we’re definitely going for a shopping”. I just stand there with shocked. Its just like someone has exchange her soul.  “Come down in 2 minutes, be on time, I ‘ll wait in my car” she continued  and closed my door. 2 minutes?! How can I’ll be done in that period?

I went down hurriedly and searched for her car, then a white beautiful Porsche was parking in front of me, its her; my aunt. I was so amazed and excited too. “Get in!” she called.

Its weekend so we’re shopping for the whole day. She got me more than 10 sets of clothes and even bought me high heels and sandals. She even told me to wear it but I wasn’t good in heels, I hate them although there are beautiful. She said that, “HIGH-HEELS MAKE WOMAN CONFIDENT AND IT’S A WOMAN SECRET WEAPON”. But, I’ve got my confident long time ago with just a school’s shoes.

 

TODAY- SUNDAY

Thanks to my aunt, everything was well prepared. Haerim and Jannie soon entered my room. “Where are you headed too?” Haerim asked with her arms crossed. “I’ll be away for a week. It’s the principle and Mr. Kang order”, I replied. “So, glassy, where are you heading too and why so important?” its Jannie. “Yah…why bother? Just let her be, by the way, we’re could own the whole room for this week because there would not be Miss Complaining and Miss Alarming in the hostel” Haerim teased me and then, laughing. I just focused on prepared myself for the flight. It is better to keep my mouth shut that talking with those girls. I waited at the school’s foyer; Mr. Kang said that his friend is going to pick me later. Then after exactly 8 minutes, a black van drove in. The driver screen down the window, “Are you Miss Meiji?” he asked. “Yes, I am” I replied. “Get in or else we would miss the flight” he get out from the van and help me with the bags. “So…Miss Meiji, you’re the lucky girl, huh? Yah, even my daughter who is an excellent teacher was rejected. I really envy you, you must be so intelligent in your school, maybe that’s the reason you were chosen as ‘their’ personal teacher” the driver said. What is he talking about? Whose ‘their’? We reached the Incheol Airport. He explained everything to me. My next flight would be in half an hour, I was so nervous since I was alone. Moreover, its my first time using an aeroplane. While waiting, I went to a cookie’s shop, I was so hungry. I’m glad that I have enough pocket money and even more than enough since Lizzy unnie and my aunt gave me money for my travel. 

 

While sitting and eating my cookies, to think about it, it has been days I haven’t met Kai and even his other friends. Where are they? Could it be they got transferred to other exchange school? If it was, I doesn’t got a chance to say goodbye to them especially Kai. The last conversation with him was on the school’s rooftop. I didn’t even know why I was so mad at him, I regretted it already. Suddenly, my flight number was being called. I think I better get going. I was pretty sad because I nobody companied me. I entered the checking point slowly and there’s a woman who in charge in checking our body in case we brought dangerous equipment along. I passed the point and was allowed to go. The aero plane was really huge. I quickly find my seat number, owh, it was near the window, I was so glad. I took my seat and was starred out the window. For your information, my aunt got me the First- class seat so it was very comfortable. Suddenly, a 40 years old- like lady sat next to me, she gave me a sweet smile. “Hello madam” I greeted her. “Hello, you must be my seat partner. Nice to meet you, what’s your name young lady?” she asked and shook my hand. “I’m Meiji, Han Meiji” I replied. “Uh, okay. Can I call you Jiji? I love to make nickname out of people’s name especially the younger one like your age” she smiled. Jiji? I guessed I had to change my name later; everyone seems to like to call me Jiji. “Yes, of course madam” I smiled. “Aigoo, I forget to introduce myself, I’m Kim Seyung. Please don’t call me madam but aunty, okay?” she said sweetly. She seems really kind and soft- heart. She’s just like my mum’s style. “Where’s your guardian? It’s really dangerous for such a young teenager like you travel alone especially going out of the country” she said. “I came alone, I’ve got picked to be a personal teacher” I replied. “Wow, you must be really smart. But you should be accompanied by an adult, you know. This world now is full of crime, we wouldn’t know what would happen next” she explained. The 12-hours flight was worthy. I felt really comfortable with Mdm. Kim. We reached the London’s international airport early in the afternoon. Since I’m in the first-class, I didn’t have to wait for my bags since everything settled but the problem is the hotel address that Mr. Kang gave was left back in my dorm, more worse my phone’s battery was too low, how will I call Mr. Kang? The address; I really forgot about that. Oh no! “Jiji, is everything alright? You look really pale” Mdm. Kim said and placed her hands on my cheeks. “Uhh…I forgot about the Hotel address, that my teacher gave me. Now, I don’t know what to do. Honestly, my English is really bad” I explained sadly. “Never mind, you can come with me, stay at my house, there, you could charge your phone. Okay, come on” she dragged me. I didn’t even say yes nor say no. “Wait, my bags…” I called. “Don’t worry, my driver would take it” she replied. Wow, she must be really rich, having a personal driver here in London. I sat next to her in the car, her right hand was on my thigh. She’s seems like just my mum. ‘Mum, I kinda miss you already’

 

We arrived at a huge mansion. The gate was really tall and automatically opened. “Aunty…where is this?” I amazed and looked out the window. “Don’t worry, I’m not going to kidnap you. This is my second house after Korea” she said. The driver opened the car’s door for us. We were standing in front of the huge white door. “Jiji, come on. Its really cold out here, get in” she called. I nodded and followed. “Mum, you came!” a girl suddenly ran and hugged her. She must be Mdm. Kim daughter. “Jiji, this is my 14 years old daughter, she’s the youngest of the family” Mdm. Kim introduced her daughter. “Anyeong, I’m Kim Jahee. Nice to meet you Jiji unnie” she smiled at me. I smiled back. “Jahee, why don’t you show Jiji unnie her room, she’s staying her with us for a while” Mdm. Kim told her daughter. “Alright, mum. Come on unnie. Follow me” she grabbed my hand and leaded me to upstairs. “Here, this is unnie’s room, hope you like it” she said cheerfully. “Wow, it’s way bigger than my dorm in Korea” I exclaimed. “Unnie, what’s Korea like? It has been 6 years I haven’t visited Korea” she mumbled while sitting on the bed. I went nearer and sat next to her. “So, you want me to show you how’s Korea looks like?” I asked her. She nodded happily. So, I took my bag pack and took out my camera. I showed her my school, and even Korea’s building. “Wow, it’s so amazing. I really wanted to school there, wearing that uniform, so pretty unlike here in London” she complaint. “My brother must be really lucky to school there” she continued. “Your brother? He’s schooling there? But why?” I asked. “At first my father wanted to bring him along here but he refused so my dad said if my brother got the first place in his class, he'll b’ able to. My brother finally got the first place and he was allowed to stay. Since I was still young, I was forced to follow my family here and stay here with my father. My mum would go back to Korea twice a month to meet my brother there” she told the whole things. “OHHH…I see. You must be sad right, have to stay apart from your brother” I said and curled my arm on her. She nodded, “But the great news was, he will come visited us here since, the Hallyu concert is in London, unnie, if he come, I’ll introduce you to him, okay” she said. I just smiled, she must be really happy. She leaved my room and even reminded me to join lunch later.

 

Before I forgot, I charged my phone, I went to the bathroom to take a quick bath. Everything were well arranged, the shampoos, towel- it just like I was staying in a 5-stars hotel.

I dried my hair with a towel, then suddenly, Jahee appeared. “OMO, you scared me!” I shouted. Jahee giggled. “Sorry, wah…unnie ya, you looks really pretty without your glasses, why did you wear it anyway?” she asked. “I wore it because I couldn’t see well, without my glasses, your face look so blurred” I explained. “Ohh…is your hair original curly?” she asked cutely. “Yes, since I was born. Its from my mother genetic”. “Wah, you’re so tall too, you could be a model one day since you have slim body” Jahee wouldn’t stop talking. She was staring at me from head to toes. I get closer to her, and cover her eyes with towel. “Stop looking at me like that, you look like a stalker, you know” I played with her. “I wished I could have a sister like you, I heard from mommy that you’re a top student in school. Cheinchae, unnie, you’re so lucky” she said again. “Stop praising me, I’m not that perfect unlike you” I told her. “Unnie, your cheeks turn red, hahaha, I’ve got you” she stands on the bed and holding my cheeks. “So pretty” she said. “You’re pretty too!” I said and stared to tickling her. Then, someone knocked the door, we stopped and starred each other. The door opened, its Mdm. Kim, “Jahee, stopped disturbing your unnie, come, unnie got to change”. “Oh, okay mommy. Bye unnie” Jahee mumbled. “Jiji, as soon you’re done, came down and join us for lunch, okay” Mdm. Kim offered. “Yes, aunty. Thank you” I said. Before she closed the door, “By the way, you look lovely without your glasses”, she said.  

 

I went downstairs to join lunch, I saw a smart looking man was sitting with them; he must be Mdm. Kim’s husband. “I’m sure you’re Jiji, right? Don’t just stand there, join us” he called out. I nodded; I took a seat next by Jahee. “I’m Jahee’s father, since you called my wife aunty, why don’t you call me uncle?” he said. I smiled, “Yes uncle”. “My wife talked to me through the phone so much about you. You look so sweet and pretty just the way I’m imagine”, he praised me. I mixed in easily with this Kim’s family, they make me feel just like home. Mr. Kim always asked me about my schools and what grade I’ve got in my subject. He sure loves academic. “My son is one of the top students in his school too. He’s really good in math and English. Too bad he’snot here with us right now” he said. “What about me then? I’m good in Math too” Jahee interrupted. We all laughed. “Okay, my Jahee is a smart girl too. She got top 3 in her class, there I said it” her father .

 

At night, I texted Mr. Kang and told him everything. He gave me the address and he arranged everything for me. So, that night I prepared to leave for tomorrow. I laid on my bed and think everything that happen today. WHAT A DAY!