CHAPTER 17: Flower Bloom

Glassy Girl's Love

 

Before start reading, open a new tab & search for pretty boy song, pause it for a while. If you see this symbol (***) , start to play it and continue reading the story.

 

Slowly, the glass door squeaked open. A tall figure was coming nearer me. The steps were kinda faster which made me more nervous and trembled too.

                I quickly stood up to my surprise, “Kai?” I said. “So…you were here too!” he said calmly. I was about to get a heart attack, I dropped myself on the chair and take a deep sight. “You almost scared me to death” I said. He chuckled and sat opposite me. “Waeyo? Did you think I’m the school library ghost, huh?” he joked and looked me straight to the eye. I was speechless, his looks always make me feel feel, urgghh, I don’t know! Without continue to think about this nonsense, I tried to think something else before he notice something. “Yes…no, I mean no. So…what made you came here?”

“I don’t know, I was passing by but then I saw the library lights were still on so I wanted to check it out” he took one of my reference book and started to flip the pages. I just nodded with his answer although I knew it was a weird answer. It was awkward to sit here with him so I tried to find a way to avoid this situation. I get up and said, “Excuse me for a while,I need to find History book about Joseon era” and quickly to the shelves. Then, I heard his chair’s sound, “Let me help you, there were many book shelves here” he said. “Uh…okay”.

                We went to the different rows.  All the tall shelves make me smaller and there were thousands of books here, it’ll be impossible to find in such a short time. I observed every book from left to right, but it was all hopeless. I continue to find it again and again until to the deeper corner in the library.

At last, I saw the name on top of the shelf, ‘The History of Korea’. “Joseon era, finally” I murmured and jumped to reach it. Suddenly, as soon as I had the book in my hand, the light in the library went off. I could hear the sound of chain and key as if someone was trying to lock the library. “No!” I exclaimed.

 

 

No one Prov.

Lizzy finally awake and she looked around. “Oh…I was asleep” she murmured. ‘I bet Meiji had gone back to her hostel…urghhh! She must at least tell me first before she goes; moreover, this place is too creepy to be alone’ she said in her mind. She shut down the computer and grabbed her coat and keys. She let the light at the counter on and walked toward the entrance and switch off the lights in the library. She was in hurry because she was too scared to be alone, she didn’t even take a double check around the library at that time and quickly locked the library’s door and chained it. She ran as fast as she could and off she goes leaving Meiji and Kai back in the library. 

 

 

Meiji(Your) Prov.

My mind went blank and the only thing in my mind was running to find Kai! “KAI! Where are you?! Kai!” I shouted. I was running between rows of the shelves. Suddenly, Thump! I felt I was landing on someone’s chest, my knees hurt bbecause bumped on the floor. I look at the face, his eyes were shining because the light reflection. “Oh its you! Thank God you haven’t leave!” I hugged him tight thankfully.
“Uh, yes. I was worrying about you too” he said softly. I realized and quickly tried to get up awkwardly. “Sorry” I murmured. “Its alright…ouch!” he said. His back must be hurt. I helped him up. “Are you alright?” I asked worriedly. “No…I felt like something huge was hitting me just now”

                “Yah! I’m not that heavy alright! Aisshhh, cheincha…” his pointer finger was suddenly on my lip. “Sssshhh, did you here that?” he asked. I was shocked then tried to listen carefully. “BOOM!!!” he exclaimed loudly. “Gottcha!” he said. “YAH!! Pabo!! How come you can still making stupid joke in this kind of situation, urgghhh, can’t belive that I actually stuck here with you! Ahh!!!” I told him angrily.

“If that’s the case, I’ll leave you here alone then. I’ll be waiting at the other end since you don’t want me here…” he started to take a step but then I hurriedly gave him back-hug. “Andae!!” I shouted with my both eyes closed. “Don’t leave me alone…please, not this kind of situation...just forget what I just said!” I continued. Slowly, he let go my grip and held both my hands, its hard for me to see his expression, I couldn’t guess whether he smile or angry. I was surprised, I was softly stayed in his arm and I could feel his breath beside my ear, “Don’t worry…I’ll be always here, no matter what, just stay by my side, alright?” he said. I nodded slowly; drowned with his speech. His chest was really close to me that I could feel his heart beating faster, so do I…

 

(***)

Kai’s prov.

We both sat on the cold floor, she was sitting close to me. The counter’s light was luckily on and I abled to see her face with the light reflection on her glasses. She called Lizzy noona many times but still there were no responds. My phone was out of batteries so I couldn’t give any help.

“Guess she’s not answering, she must be dozed off to dreamland already” she said and sighted while dazing to the empty air. “So, guess we have to spend the night here together then…”

“Yah…in your dream, how could I sleep here together with you here, especially in this situation…” she said, slowly she’s yawning and quickly covered .

 

-15 minutes later-

She was comfortably leaning against my left shoulder while sleeping soundly.  I could only give small laugh thinking about it. Slowly, I tried to move her and laid her head on my laps. I took off my jacket and covered her body.

 

 

Meiji(Your) Prov.

I slowly opened my tired eyes; I thought I was dreaming, it just like I saw Kai’s face above me with his eyes close, sleeping. Then, I realized something was covering my upper body, it’s a jean jacket. I looked at him again, it makes me want to stay in that position so I could experience this moment, it made me forget everything about the pass. Suddenly, he awakes. His eyes blinked many times, and he looked at me down, “Thank you…thanks for lending me your laps” I said. I just don’t want to pick a fight with him again and I wanted this moment to be just…just…sweet.

“Hope you feel comfortable…” he replied and smiled. “Yeah right” I said. I slowly help myself up and returned his jacket. “Thanks again for keep me warm” I said and took a few steps but then, he grabbed my right arm. “…Your welcome” he said slowly and smiled.

I was out from all the shelves and I saw that Lizzzy unnie was just walking in. I walk passed her and she was surprised to see me, “Omo! Arhh! You scared me…why are you here? When did you come?” she exclaimed. I glared at her, “You locked us up! And I was calling you so many times!” I grinned my teeth and walked off.

 

No one Prov.

Meiji hurried walk out from the library. Lizzy was still standing in front the door with her mind blank, she seems she don’t know what had really happened to Meiji.

 

 “Us? Who was with her last night?” she think again but then Kai passed her. “Good morning noona!” he greeted and walked off. Lizzy called him, “Kai, yah! Can you please tell me what’s really happened to Meiji last night?”

 

“There, that’s what’d happened, I said it” Kai’s explained while seating opposite Lizzy. Lizzy felt so guilty of what she done. “Arghh…she must be really mad at me right now, ahh, cheincha. Why was I so coward last night, I confirmed that I didn’t saw you guys in the library last night. By the way, its your fault anyway. Yah! Why wanted go to the back anyway if there’re more plenty books over here…urggh!” she sounded frustrated.  

Suddenly, Lizzy changed the topic, “Ahemm…” she gave fake cough. “So…tell me, what did you guys do last night, huh? Did you guys dating? Huh? Huh?” she asked excitedly. Kai was shock and he was blushing a bit, he cleared his throat. “Umm, sorry noona…I…I…gotta go, my friends might look for me right now”, he rushed quickly grabbing his backpack. Lizzy was sitting there, still with her blank face.

Never mind if you guys don’t want to tell me, soon, I know that there must be something happen between you guys; she thought herself gazing in the middle air, giving her evil smile.

 

 

Meiji(Your) Prov.

I was sitting in the classroom while reading the literature’s poem before the teacher enters. A noise caught my ear, I looked up a little, its Kai and his gang. His eyes caught me while he’s playing joke with his friends, I pretended not to know anything. I continued on my reading. Kai passed me and he quietly dropped a piece of folded paper on my table and took his seat.  After 2 minutes, the teacher entered and I hurriedly hide the piece of paper in my blouse’s pocket.

 

The literature class was kinda boring and I was sleepy too. maybe its because of what happened last night. Ahhh!! Don’t want to think about it. I walked through the hallway with my arms full of books. I unlocked my locker and kept all my things away, then, back to my hostel.

 

I took off my uniform and ready to wash them. I sneak my hand in every pocket. Then! I realized there’s a piece of paper Kai gave me before and I haven’t read it. I unfold the small blue print paper.

                               

Meet me at the school garden this 5.00pm sharp. URGENT!

 

OH DAMN!! The needle clock was almost strike 6.15 pm. Is he really still waiting for me there? “Aaaayyy, no way. Why would he wait? He probably gone off already”, I said in my heart. Urghh! This making my mind went crazy.

 

 

I shivered so hard that I almost feel that I couldn’t move my lip. Where is he?  The lamp post was the only thing has brightened this place. I was walking through the cement pathway towards the bench under the lamp post. I sighted for a moment, I couldn’t believe I actually came here. I could not really understand myself, my feeling…

                “I thought you would not come”, a voice said. I looked up and quickly stand. I don’t know but, the moment he showed, I felt so relieved. “Well, I’m here. I’m sorry for making you waiting for me. I’m really sorry. I was busying doing my washing” I explained feeling guilty. I looked at him, I could not guess his expression so I do not know how to react. He went closer towards me. My heart beat started to race fast.

 

“Meiji…Han Meiji…” he paused and he took a deep breath. Our eyes met, and he looked at me sincerely.

“Will you be my girl…girl…girlfriend?” he confessed and closed his eyes tightly and it just like, he really wanted to know my answer. I scoffed, I could not swallow my sliver properly.

I think my face had might turn so red. Arghhh!!! So , is this why he called me all the way and is this why he willing to wait for me? What should I say? I never have been in this situation before. I do not understand this feeling, do I have feeling towards Kai?

Suddenly, something was hitting me in my mind. (flashback) All this while, everytime I’m in trouble, the guy who always showed up, Kai. Maybe, I do have feeling towards him. Maybe this is what people called love. My first love? Is it?

I do not know why, but suddenly I could felt my heart started to become warm. Kai seems like a person whom I knew for a long time and I felt protected when he was by my side.

 

 

Kai’s Prov.

I really could believe that finally I could say it. I started to realize this feeling after the library incident. It made me wanted to protect her always. Does she have the same feeling towards me?

                I looked at her blurry look, I bet she might be really shocked. Then, she gave me a warm smile. She went closer to me, her eyes was shining brightly. Without knowing, my lip went closer to hers.

Now I know, it’s a YES.