Chapter 14: I’m dead meat!!

Glassy Girl's Love

 

“ME?? No, no…this couldn’t be me. I just copying on what they are doing. I’m not good in this! Why don’t search for other dancers? Umm…I wanted to go out for a fresh air first, phew its reall hot in here” I pretended and just hoping this would not be happen. Then, Mr. Goh kneeled infront me. I was surprised with his act; no one ever kneeled in front me before. “Mr. Goh…please…don’t do this, it really embarrassing. Alright…alright, I’ll do it but get up!” I finally agreed because I was ashamed. “Okay, then. You really fell into my acting, maybe I chould be an actor in the feature. Okay! Now get paired up. Since Meiji just joined in you get an addition rehearsal for today!” so everything what Mr. Goh done were just an act? Urghh…this was really annoying. “Meiji, hurry up!” I turned back, Kai was calling me while giving signals with his finger to call me over. “Me? Why?” i asked. “Do want to have a dance with me?” he joked. I get it now! He’s my partner! No!!!

As the music started, the men got to dance fast, I saw their dance earlier and I could catch up mostly. Then, the 2nd verse, the girl dancers started to get out and went to their own partner, I was really shy plus nervous plus awkward when dancing with him. My chest was leaning against him and his arms were around my waist. Suddenly, my heart started to pump so hard and I think he could feel it too. Luckily, the part was not more than 3 seconds, then we started to holding hands like a ballroom dance, the most embarrassing part was when it comes to our part; just me and him, it’s the highlight dance. This part was, he was holding my cheeks and tried to kiss me, I could feel my eyes went bigger when I have to look at his eyes. Finally, the song comes to end, where the guys must hug the girls from behind. I was relieved that he didn’t hold me tightly, compared to others, Dongwoon and Kiseop were really enjoying their dance.

We rehearsal again for the last time, and I got to get through all the awkwardness once again.

This time, I must wear high heels, luckily, I could handle them, but my legs felt really hurt after that since its my first time dancing with heels, moreover, it was 3 inches.

 

 

As usual, we went back late. And this time, I felt really tired that I woke up an hour late than before. The concert was today, and after the concert we would head back to Seoul. I teach them for the last time in London; Maths and Literature. After 3 hours teaching and learning, I could see them that they looked really sleepy so Mr. Goh gave them permission to let them have a rest while me, I have to follow Mr. Goh. He said he wanted to bring me meet someone.

 

We stopped by a huge saloon. “Meiji, I’m gonna leave you here with the MARS’s stylist, she wil help you with your makeover. You know, me must change your image too, you look too…too…simple. Okay, I’ll pick later. I have some job to done for the concert. Okay, I better get going now” he leaved me in the saloon alone with MARS’s stylist. “Hai, I’m Meiji” I greeted the stylist. “Anyeong Meiji, I’m Sena. Take a seat while I grab my stuff, okay” she smiled. I nodded and took a seat. While I waited, I took a magazine for me and flipped from pages to pages. Then, I heard the saloon’s door opened, I looked the figure from the mirror. They looked too familiar; they talk Korean, the front girl then took off her sunglass, IT WAS HAERIM, CHOI HAERIM and her best friend!! I quickly covered myself with the magazine, pretended to read. Luckily they went to the opposite way. I heard Haerim was talking to the stylist in English, her English was really good, “Make sure you did it well, I wanted my hair to be straighten nicely plus, I want a makeover too, okay?” she said strictly, guess like she treated everyone all the same. By the way, what is she doing here, I mean here, in London? Later, MARS’s stylist came along with her stuff. “Sorry for making you waiting” she said. “Its alright” I replied. “Okay, now I will start with your hair first, hmmm….layer cut…perm, alright. Maybe I should get your hair colored too, brown? Dark brown?” she explained while touching my hair. “What do you think?”

“Could I just not color my hair, please? I love it when my hairs are black” I begged her. “Mmmm, sure. Black suites you the best” she replied. The session started smoothly.

 

 

No one PROV.

“We must look as pretty as possible during the concert later” Haerim said to Jannie. “Uhem, I agreed, by the way, shouldn’t we waiting at the stadium by right now, or else it would be so crowded. You know, I really wanted to see MARS faces closer. Front row, the really front row” Jannie said while they get their hair done. “No worries, I got us the VVIP tickets. Moreover, we got the backstage tickets too. Arghhh! This is going to be super-fun!” she squealed.

After more than an hour, they finally had done. They were perfectly pretty, beautiful and super y with their dress up. As they walk to the exit door, they realized someone, “Don’t the stylist looked really familiar?” Jannie whispered to Haerim while pointing at the stylist who was busying doing Meiji’s hair. “Hmmm…wait a minute, its…its…MARS’s stylist. Omo! I can’t believe it!” Haerim said, still observing her. “But, who’s the girl she styled for? Let’s get closer” she continued. “Excuse me, miss. But you haven’t pay your bill yet” the cashier stop them before they could continue. “Aisshhh, cheinchae. Here!” Haerim gave out her credit card. “I think she’s a singer too. Do you think so? She had great body and tall too” Jannie said. Then, Haerim glared at her. “What? Did I say something wrong?”. “I don’t think she’s a singer, I never seen her on television before, but her figure look like someone that I knew, but who?” Haerim confused.

 

Meiji(Your) PROV.

Oh no! Are they staring at me? What if they recognize me, I’ll be dead meat!

I get the magazine closer to my face again and pretended to read. Then, I looked at the mirror, ohhh…they’re gone, finally.

My makeover finally had done after 3 hours, I think. I look myself in the mirror; I was really surprised, it just like a stranger’s faces replacing me. I looked myself in the mirror again to confirm its really me. Sena is sure a really top stylist. “There you are, all done. Now, take this and wear it. These are the dancer’s outfit. The change room is at the back there” she gave me a white blouse and a black shorts jean and a tight legging or should I say socks. “Hurry up! Mr. Goh will be here in any minutes. The concert will start in two and half hours from now. Hurry!” she reminded me. “Ye, ye unnie. I’ll get myself change” I replied and quickly went to change. The hardest part was trying to put on the tight black socks. It was too elastic but, I managed to wear it. This whole new image was really not just like my own style. Sena even told me to wear dark green contact lenses and told me to wear the high heels. I think my height now is more than 175cm. I went out the changing room, I could see Mr. Goh was waiting for me then he spotted me, “Meiji, its that you?! Wow! You are super-hot…I mean pretty. Hot is not a good word to describe a pretty girl like you. Come on, let’s go. Others had waited for us at the indoor stadium” Mr. Goh said. “Sena hurry, they’re going to need you!” Mr. Goh continued called Sena. “It seems like I was your manager since you looked like a really top star person already” Mr. Goh joked. “Sorry if this is too much for you Mr. Goh” I said. “No…no, why must you felt sorry, I was just joking. By the way, you’re the biggest savior for me & MARS” he said again. We picked 2 other dancers again and continued our way. I could see many fans were waiting outside the stadium; they were cheering, dancing & singing to support their favorite idols. Some even brought banners. Gosh! I didn’t know Hallyu Wave are way too famous now…I should’ve watch TV more often start from now on.

 

We entered the back entrance of the stadium, the stadium was very huge and it has classic patterns. There were many rooms as we walk through the hallway, in each door, has its own labeled for different idols; 4 Minutes, Infinite, F(x), BTOB, Miss A, etc. Finally, MARS own room.

We entered the room and Kai, Kiseop and Dongwoon were getting their makeup done by their stylist so I couldn’t greet them. There was too much noise in the room since many stuff were busying helping for MARS’s performance later. Mr. Goh told me that I can do whatever I wanted while waiting. “But make sure don’t get lost!” he reminded. I went out the room to take a walk along the hallway. Then, I saw a girl, I think she’s one of the idol; she was having a hard time with the drinks machine. I went closer; wonder if maybe I could give a hand. “Aisshh cheincha! What’s wrong with this machine! Get me my drink!!” she cried. “Excuse me, do you need any help?” I asked politely. “Yes! Yes please! Help me get my drinks, this *#!#%#* machine get my money for free without giving me my drink!” she replied while holding my arm with her both hands. “Did you already choose what drinks would you like?” I asked and she nodded. “What about the green button, do you press it?” “No, why?” she asked confusedly. Then I pressed the green button for her, clonk! A coke can came out. “Thank you so much, oh…so that’s how the green button works! Thank you by the way. Let me introduce myself, I’m Kim Hyuna from 4 Minutes. Its really nice to meet you” she said excitedly. I bowed and replied, “Your welcome! I’m Meiji, Han Meiji. Nice to meet you too”. “Hmmm…are you a singer too, rookie maybe?” she asked. “Oh no, I’m just a dancer, backup dancer for MARS”. “What?! You’re a backup dancer for MARS. OMO, I’m a huge fan of them! Why don’t you follow me, I’ll introduce you to my friends, come on” she dragged me to 4 Minutes room. “Guys…guys, look who I bring with me” she called her members. Then, everyone focused on me. “She’s MARS backup dancer”, she announced. I introduced myself. “Anyeong! I’m Seohyun, maknae in the group. Nice to meet you. You know, we are fans of MARS especially me and Hyuna unnie. You’re so lucky” she said. “I really wanted to meet them closer(sight), but what can we do, since all of us are idols, our manager wouldn’t even allowed us to need their signature” Hyuna mumbled. “I know! Why don’t Meiji help you guys to take their signature” their leader suggested, Jihyun. “Me?” I asked again. “Yes! You! Here take these papers. Please! We beg you” Hyuna said and she was acting cutely. I smiled and agreed to help them so as a pay back, I asked them to take pictures with me and give me each of their signature since Lizzy unnie really love 4 Minutes. I often heard her talking about 4 Minutes and she kept follow their fashion styles.

 

After the deal, I went back to MARS room. I saw Kiseop and Kai weren’t there and I only spotted Dongwoon on the sofa, he was playing with his phone. I went nearer and showed him the paper and pen. “Please sign!” I ordered. He looked up and he was staring at me shocked, he dropped phone. “Who are you?” he asked, he glared at me from head to toe. “Meiji? Its that you? Are you Meiji?” he asked again. Is he stupid or what? Didn’t he know me? “You don’t recognize me? Yes! I’m Meiji” I replied. “Just sign it will you!” I commend him. He took the pen and paper but still, he’s glaring at me. “Here, I’ve signed it. By the way, you totally had changed. I almost couldn’t recognize that it was you. Mr. Goh sure had changed you a lot”. I smiled, “I think so, myself felt different about this look”, I said. Suddenly, Kai and Kiseop came and joined us. “Guys, check it out. Do you know who she is?” Dongwoon tasked them to guess. Kiseop pictured me with his hand, “Meiji?” he called. I smiled. “I couldn’t believe that this is actually you” he came closer and suddenly sat beside me; I was surprised because he was pinching my cheek. “I miss the old Meiji already” he joked. “Here, help me sign this” I gave him the paper. “I don’t know you’re fan of us” he said while signing. “No I’m not, I just helping my new friends” I replied. “You know, I usually didn’t sign it for free moreover you’re saying that you are not a fan of MARS, so, do me a favor if you want this paper back, huh?” he said while hiding the paper behind me.

 

Kai’s Prov.

What the heck is Kiseop tried to do? Aegyo? Come on, Meiji wouldn’t do that easily.

“But I’m not good in doing aegyo” she mumbled. “Then, I won’t give it to you” he said. “Alright…oppa ya, oppa ya, saranghae yo”I couldn’t believe that Meiji actually said that. Why did she need the paper so desperately, she could actually take another paper. “Ahh, wow, I never thought that you would make it. Here, you may have it” Kiseop said and hand in her paper. “Arghh, cheincha, I could not believe that I actually do it. By the way, thank you” she said madly. “Hyung, Sungkyu text me he wanted to meet you” Dongwoon reminded Kiseop. “Sungkyu? You mean Kim Sungkyu from Infinite” Dongwoon nodded. “Alright, come on. Come with me” they both went out the room. I was a bit tired so I sat on the couch and put my headphone on. Suddenly, someone patted my shoulder. I opened my eyes, the paper was definitely in front my eyes, “Sign! You’re the last one” Meiji exclaimed. But I continued to close my eyes and I even turn the volume louder. There’s no way I will giving her my sign after what she done. “Yah! Kai! Didn’t you hear me?” she called out loud.

 

 

Meiji(Your) Prov.

Other staff went out one by one and the only person left were me and Kai. I must make him sign this paper before the concert start! I called out his name but he didn’t hear me. My face went closer to his face, trying to get his attention but his eyes were still close and his music was too loud that even I could hear it. I got an idea! Slowly, I took off his headphone, “YAH!” he stopped, his face is one inch before my face, I was startled that I couldn’t move, his eyes were starred at me sharp. It was like the time had freeze at this moment.