CHAPTER 2: MR. KANG’S ANOUNCEMENT

Glassy Girl's Love

 

CHAPTER 2: MR. KANG’S ANOUNCEMENT

 

“Although I’m grown older but I’m not easy to forget important things. As I said yesterday, the announcement. Before I announce, girls….please behave and no shouting or talking” Mr. Kang announcement seems so important. What would it be? Then he continued while crossing his arm, “Next week, we would have exchange students from our neighbor (Boy’s Private School). They’re going to study here for 2 months, but they will not staying here but in their own dorm. So we as …..” Mr. Kang could not get his voice louder because the class started to make too much noise- giggling here and there- squealing- the moody one started to have a big smile on their face but me just sitting there and started to “ssshhhhhh….everyone silent! Please respect our teacher in front”, yeah, that’s me. The class started to settle down and some eyes were glaring at me. “Thanks Ms. Meiji, now everyone! Please behave yourself or else I would cancel this project. As soon they enter our school, I would hire a guide to help them, and I would think first before making my decision before I choose the lucky person. The guide will also get paid per day. Now! Let’s continue our class….”, as I heard the word paid, my mind started to mess up. I really wanted that job desperately. So, that evening I went straight to the staffroom to meet him.

 

“Why should I give this job to you? Do you have any bad intention?” Mr. Kang starred at me in the eyes. “Absolutely, not Mr. Kang! It’s just that…” Then Mr. Kang  said “Okay then, whatever your intention is, I don’t care. I just hope that you’re not going to try to flirt with these guys. You know Han Meiji, I trust you so do your best and I would promise that there will be a reward for you if you take care our school’s name” Mr. Kang then cleared his throat. “Mr. Kang, kamsahamida! Thanks a lot! I’ll sure to make you proud!” I hugged him tight. “Okay…you can let go now” Oh no, I  think I hugged him to tight.

 

“I heard that Mr. Kang had chosen a guide for the tour later” Jaeni whispered.

“Oh no! I wonder who is the lucky girl? I just can’t accept this! Mr. Kang should choose me since I’m the head of this girl’s dorm, if only I could find out…aisshhh” Haerim complaint.

“I think its….her” I heard Jaeni whispered to Meiji. I turned back a little, Jaeni was pointed at me. Then, I quickly continued doing my Sudoku. “Aiihhh, you must be kidding. Just look at her. She has no standard like me. It just way too impossible” Haerim replied.  “But she’s Mr. Kang’s favourite. Its possible if she got chosen by him” Jaeni told her.

I hope they won’t do anything crazy to find out about the hired guide (who was actually ME!) I would be dead meat in anytime. Facing Haemi and her gang it just like facing a group of hungry tigers. I better just keep quiet. Sssshhh!

 

2 Days before the boys come to our school. I head to the library severely to get some advice from my unnie (not my actual sister). “Just bear in mind, be kind and confident in yourself. I know you’ll be okay” she advised me. By the way, all the students here called her Lizy unnie. “What if I make mistake, what if they laugh at me. Arghhh, what should I do? I’m not good making conversation with boys” I replied. “Why not? How about Mr. Kang, you felt comfortable talking to him” she replied while arranging the library’s books. I just kept following her from behind while helping her. “Mr. Kang, well…I treated him just like my father. He’s different…by the way he is 20 years older than me”.

“Don’t worry, I bet you’ll get used to it. Trust me” Lizy unnie tried to comfort me. “I better get going now, unnie, it’s History class , bye unnie…see you tomorrow!” I ran back to my class.

As soon I entered, every eyes stared at me- it just like I’m a prey. What happened? I took small steps toward my table, couple of steps then someone tall blocked my way. I looked down and saw a black high heels, I really wanted one of those…slowly looking up… “OMOO! Haerim ya…” I startled.

“So…you’re the one, huh? It seems like what Jaeni said was true…Mr. Kang’s favourite student, Han Meiji” she pointed my forehead. Then, suddenly her expression changed…she turned away and hugged her best friend, Jaeni, “Jaeni ya…why Mr. Kang was so cruel to me” she cried so loud. Now I know, its about the hired guide.

“Good Afternoon, class” History’s teacher came in. I quickly returned to my seat then tried to have a sneak look at Haerim…her watery eyes glared at me. Then, I know…I’m going to be dead meat!

 

Luckily! That evening I got dance class so I didn’t have to face the tiger(Haerim) and her gang at the dorm. They might think of plan to make me miserable. I know soon, I would definitely meet her face to face.

 

Today we rehearse a new dance steps- the song was from a new rookie group…I think it is SOLO from C- Clown. “Everyone I wanted everyone get in a group. 3 person in a group. That’s mean 2 remain will be coupled up” Mrs. Jang ordered. I tried to find my group, but everyone seems to have a group, then  someone patted my shoulder, I turned back

-BLANK-

Why my heartbeat started to pump so hard. What’s wrong with me? His face- so bright- his smile…

 

“Anyeong! It seems we’re the two left. Let’s paired up” he then grabbed my hand. “Let’s go to the front”

Why my mouth can’t speak out, someone help me! “Okay, since you guys are done. I’ll give you a task, please discuss in group, find few simple dance steps in 15 minutes to fit in this song” Mrs. Jang told us. “So, Jiji. Do you have any idea how to start?” he asked me. My mind is still blank but then I realized that I must wake up from this nonsense. “No…ehh…how did you know my name? We never met before” I speak up.  “You never met me because I’m new here, but I’ve met you before. Remember when you came late for class, Mrs. Jang called your name out loud. By the way you can call me Kai” he explained than smile again. “Kai…umm okay….about the steps, why don’t you...you…think about it…coz…my idea seems weird” I stuttered and tried not to make eye contact with him. “Alright, then. Why don’t we try some of these steps” he started to show some dance move. Chein cha, his moves were so hard. I  asked him to demo once again & again & again. Suddenly, he took steps behind me and started to hold my arms. “Here, let me show you. Your arm should be more static…you know move like a robot…2,2,3,4,5,6,7,8…there. Do it by yourself now”. I could felt my cheek were getting hot. I tried the dance moves and I think I can catch a little.

 

Mrs. Jang called out our names to show our dance moves. Kai tried to grab my hand again to help me up but I managed to avoid “Nevermind, I can get up by myself. Thanks”, I told him but tried not to look him in the eyes. The music started and we showed the dance steps. At the end, everyone applauded and I can tell by looking at Mrs. Jang face that she’s satisfied with our dance. Thanks to Kai. Now, its time for Mrs. Jang to pick some of the best teams which had the best dance moves. “Okay, the dance moves which satisfied me the most are the second group which is Kiseop and his gang. Next up is…Kai and Jiji. Congrats! So the wining teams please show us the dance moves again and we will combined it together. No worries for the other teams cause some of your dance moves were really fantastic too. Okay! Get up and let’s get started”. Finally, we as the wining teams- stand in the front line- showing some dance moves. I felt really happy cause I finally can lead a group. 5 minutes before class ended. I quietly sneak out through the back door. I closed the door behind me and I heard someone was looking for me. “Where Jiji?” a male voice spoke out. “Don’t worry, she always acted that way. She definitely disappeared before class ended” I think its Mrs. Jang voice. 

 

 

 

*******************************************************Please comment & subscribe! Love Ya!!**************************************************************