Chapter 4

Glassy Girl's Love

 

Recess time- I headed to meet Lizy unnie in the library. I just can’t let this problem just too continue. It’s driving me crazy.

 

 

“Now…what’s the problem again?” she said while key-in some of the book’s code into the computer. “This job burdened me. These guys just like a bunch of babies. They asked too many questions. It’s hard for me to concentrate on my school” I let it all out. “Just relax, boys…they always behave like that. Just keep yourself cool, Meiji. You’re just too…too…you know yourself” she replied still continuing typing. “They wanted me to have an extra class for Math. They said they can’t concentrate in class, with the girls keep disturbing them. But, I just didn’t understand them, I thought most of boys think study are too lame for them…they’re so different from what I see in drama” I explained. “Ya! Meiji! They are different. They are selected students. You shouldn’t think about all guys that way. It is a good thing if they want to study so…I think you better start an extra class for them. I know you better; you’re really good in Maths. Remember! Make proud of our school” she stopped typing and looks me in the eyes and smiled. I smiled back at her. “I…I don’t know. You see, I can’t handle guys properly. You see…in the movies, when the teacher especially girl is teaching them, they would make jokes at her and playing tricks make her mad…”

 

“Meiji yah! Movie is just a movie, drama is just a drama. Its not reality. Cheincha, by the way, what movie that can make you get fooled easily. They’re just acting. I’m sure they would be different” unnies said. I sighed. “Well, I’ll try but if it turns out to be like in the movie. I would definitely stop” I said. “Change topic…so, did you found someone interesting among the boys? Come on…come on, tell me” unnie asked desperately. “Unnie, stop asking nonsense question about that. I didn’t have time to hunt guys, okay” I replied madly.  “Aaaiya…don’t try to act in front me. I bet there must be someone you knew” she glared at me. “Yah unnie! Stop it!” I yelled. “SSSHHH! Lowered your voice. Remember you in the library” unnie warned me.

 

After several minutes talk- “Meiji ya, is that one of the boy student from the exchange thingy. I think he walk toward this direction” unnie told me. I turned my head back a little to check, omo! “It’s him!” I hurriedly hide under unnie’s working table. “Please, don’t tell I ‘m here if he’s searching for me” I whispered. “Waeyo!”. Then I heard his voice talking to unnie, “Anyeong noona, I thought I saw a girl talking to you just a moment later. Where is she?” he asked. “Anyeong, so you must be one of the students from the neighbor, huh? First, tell me your name” what’s unnie trying to do now. She’s asking his name. I just hope she didn’t tell him where am I. “Yes, I’m from the neighbor (Boy’s private school). You can just call me Kai” he replied. “Ohh…okay Kai. The girl that you’re looking for is under my table. She’s really busy down here…ya Meiji…get out…” Unnie kneel down and looking at me. “You’re not helping me out here…cheincha”.  “Anyeong Jiji ya. What are doing?” Kai asked with his head upside down. I was really shocked. Then, my heart started to pump so hard that I can even hear. “An..an..anyeong” I crawled out from the table slowly. “What are you doing here?” I asked him. I could see unnie smile sneakily to me. “I wanted to meet you later in the hallway. It’s urgent, you must come alright and stop running away from me like what happened last night” that was his message then he walked out from the library. I was totally blurred. “Yah! Meiji….” She stopped and smiled, then continued “So, what did he mean by last night? Did something happen between you two?”. “Unnie, what are you talking about? There’s nothing happened, back to your senses already!” I said and leave quickly. “Meiji yah! Kai kinda cute. You two would be a great couple” unnie’s voices get smaller. I head to the place where Kai would ask me to be. Since school’s time was over, so the hall way was empty. While I wait for him, I arranged my things in the locker. Later, I slowly closes my locker then “Boo!” Kai surprised me. He was leaning against the locker and looked at me and smiled. Why this guy always keep smiling, anyway? “Why are you calling me?” I asked him seriously. “Come on, why so serious. I didn’t came here anyway because I wanted to meet you, I just wanted to send you a message from my leader, Doojun. He ask when will the extra class start?” Kai said. But why did his words disappointed me? ‘I didn’t came here anyway because I wanted to meet you’. “Uhh, I…I will think about it first. Don’t worry, I ‘ll tell straight to him after I make a decision” I replied looking down. “Alright then, I better get going now. But make sure, make sure you make your decision ASAP” then he just leaved.

 

I wonder, he just so different today unlike before, he was so bright and cheerful. He usually would talk more than this. ‘Ya! Meiji why are you so worried! Its nothing’ I said to myself.

 

I walked slowly to my room. As usual, a basket full of Haerim and her friends clothes but this time, there were too many. I saw a small note stick on the basket, I read it, ‘I wanted this clothes done before tomorrow morning’. I sighed. Guess today I can’t have a rest. That night, I was busying washing their clothes. I saw my watch, it’s already 10.25pm. I rush to the rooftop to get the clothes dried. One by one, I hung them nicely. “Yes, everything’s done! Now I better get to study” I went to my room, I saw my roommate were all sleep soundly. I opened my math’s exercise book. I was shocked because the handwriting were totally different then my, and the chapter were different too. I flipped to see the cover to see the name, it belongs to Kai. We must have swapped our books during the group study before. I better return to him tomorrow. Before I kept his book, I took a look at his work, wow! His math skill was so great and simple but yet he got all the questions correct. Compare to my skills, it’s too long. I studied everything in his book.

 

The next day, we entered class. I saw Kai was talking with his friends. I didn’t bother him since he was enjoying the moment his friends and Haerim and other girls were also joining them. Suddenly, I got really annoyed. ‘Meiji, don’t bother what are they doing’ I told myself. I sat on my place and prepared for the next lesson. I hear Haerim was laughing, “Kai oppa ya, you’re so funny. Tell me more about your jokes”.  I get this feeling of jealous and mad but why? What’s happening to me?

 

 

 

Kai’s PROV.

 

I was enjoying my time talking with my friends and some girls which I barely knew. Kiseoup was telling the girls about our school. I looked at the empty seat on my left, I wonder where she is. Did she come late again today?. I looked at the door, then, I saw she walked in and her head was facing down. I hate it when she did that. I quickly face myself to my friends and pretend talking to them. I got the feeling that she was watching me just now and her expression looked different. I was telling funny jokes to the girls. “Kai oppa, you’re so funny. Tell me more about your jokes” a girl named Haerim said. After a moment, “Anyeong Meiji, why don’t come and join us here” Dongwoon greeted her. I felt guilty didn’t greeted her earlier just now. “Anyeong, nevermind. You guys just continue, I’m busying doing my works here, I ‘m just fine. Thank you, anyway” her innoncent voice replied. “Uhh, okay then. Sorry for bothering you” Dongwoon said.

 

It recess time- I saw Meiji ran out from the class suddenly. I rushed and followed her from the back. I was curious where she’s heading too? She went to the cafeteria and sitting alone at a corner. I wanted to approach her so I walked slowly but then I stopped. Doojun was heading towards her. They’re seriously talking about something. I bet its about the extra class. After a few minutes, Doojun smiled and leaved. Now, I had the chance to meet her. I walked slowly then suddenly changed my direction because this time, I saw Dongwoon greeted her. She was smiling. Now what? How did they know each other?

 

 

 

 

Your(Meiji) PROV.

 

I had confirmed to Doojun oppa that I’ll start the extra class soon. I already wanted to get up but then I saw Dongwoon came and greeted me. “Anyeong Meiji ya. Can I seat here?” he asked and smiled. “Umm, yes, of course. Why are you here? Where’s your friend” I replied him. “I came here because I wanted to treat you for lunch, it’s that okay?” he replied. Why so sudden all the guys have change? “Lunch?” I blurred. “Yes, since you’ve work hard and since we caused you so much trouble, let me treat you, okay. My friends were all busying talking with the other girls in the class so I came here because I’m bored. Wait here okay! I’ll go and order for you” he leaved. I felt bad if I didn’t accept his kindness but how will I return Kai’s book. He must felt worried now.

 

20 minutes before recess end, I went to search for Kai. I went to the class but his not there and went to the library, didn’t found him. Where could he be? I even went around the school compound but he wasn’t there. Where could he be? Maybe he’s in the washroom. So, I decided went to the school’s rooftop which my favorite place to read my novel. I went up the staircase, then I saw a familiar figure, it’s Kai. I was relieved. I get closer to him and took out his book from my bag. “Here, your book” I said while showing the book in front of his eyes. “My book? How come my book was with you?” he asked and took it from me. “I think our books got swapped the other day, sorry” I told him and looked down, avoid eye contact with him.  “How did you know that I’m here?” he asked me.  “I didn’t even know that you would be here. This is actually my secret spot for me to study. I accidently saw you here” I explained to him and then accidently, our eyes met. He looked at me, “I bet this is not you can’t call this place as your secret spot again since I knew it. I better get going”. “No! Don’t worry, I didn’t mean that this place is mine. Everyone can come here, it just that, most of the students here doesn’t even know this place. You can come here often if you wanted to, I don’t mind” I told him. “You’re so serious when you’re talking, I’m just joking, alright”. “So, I better get going now, Mr. Kang wanted to meet me” I lied.  “Uhh, okay. So, tomorrow can we meet again at the same place” he suddenly asked. I was surprised, what now? “Why” I replied.  “Remember, I must returned your book since its with me. I forgot to bring it today, sorry” he told me. What? We have Math’s lesson today. Mr. Kang must be mad at me later. No!  “Okay, then. During recess” I told him and ran down.

 

I am really nervous right now because its Mr. Kang’s lesson. Soon, I saw he enter and by just looking at his expression, he doesn’t seem in a mood today. Today, I would not be his favorite student, no one would be, because when he is mad, he would be so…so…you know, no mercy at all. “Now, everyone! Please take out your books and write down these questions that I’m going to write on the whiteboard. Who doesn’t have their book today, whatever the reason is…stand up now!” he commanded. I was startled because he hit both his hands on his table. I stood up slowly and closed my eyes. “Meiji?” he said disbelief. “Why didn’t you bring it? Why you? You alone?” he continued. Then another voice spoke out, “Me too, sir. I forgot to bring it, sorry” I looked on my right, it’s Kai. Why did he lied? He did bring his book since I returned to him just now. “Kai. You just an exchange student here, now you dare making problem here in our school. No reason, go and bring your desk out of the class. NOW!!” Mr. Kang shouted madly. “Yes, Mr. Kang” we both answered and quickly dragged our desk outside. Honestly, this was my first time Mr. Kang got angry to me. As soon we stepped outside the class, Mr. Kang slides the door close hardly. We both sat there awkwardly. “Why did you lie? I thought I’ve returned it already” I break the silence because I was curious. “I did bring my book but I felt guilty for you because you got mad by Mr. Kang just because of me. I ‘m sorry I caused you a problem. By the way, you’ll be lonely if you sit here alone” he replied. “Uhh…ye” I replied shyly. I admit, it was his fault he didn’t bring my book.

 

 What now? How can I hear what Mr. Kang is teaching right now? I would miss his lesson. “Umm, Kai, would you mind if I ask you a question?” I asked. “Sure. What is it?” he replied and look at me in the eyes. “Are you good in Maths?”.  “Not really. I need to improve a little more on my answering skills. That’s why I and my friends just couldn’t wait for your extra class. Did you confirm it already?” he asked. “Yes, I told your leader it would start maybe tomorrow, in the evening after da…” I stopped. “Dance class?” he continued my sentence. “ Uhh, yes after dance class. By the way, how did you know I was…” now he split in again. “Jiji? It’s really obvious you know. Even Kiseop and Dongwoon know it was you. We were really surprised when we know that you’re our guide” he told me. Guess, my disguise things was not really work, right? Suddenly, he stood up and grabbed my hands. “Where are you taking me? We supposed to sit here quietly” I said and I almost fall down because he dragged me. “Just come and follow me, its kinda boring and just sitting there. We would be just out before Mr. Kang lesson ends”. He replied. “What?!” I shouted. He brought us outside the school to the motorcycle parking lots. “Wear this. Safety first” he handed a helmet to me. I sat on his motorbike. “Where we’re going? Its still school’s time. The security guard will not allow…” I stopped cause I was shocked as he took the helmet from my hand and wore it on my head, he adjust the knot for me. I could feel my cheeks were blushing. I stayed still. “Are you okay? Your cheek seems turn red…people said when girl’s cheek turns red they…” he couldn’t continue because I didn’t want him to talk nonsense. “Uh, nothing. It just that today was so hot. Phew, Its really hot today. Ohh, look, I’m sweating” I lied and fan myself. “You’re sweating during cold days. Are you sure you’re okay? It’s really cold today” he scratched his head.

 

“Let’s go. Hope on. Hurry up” he said. I just followed and sat down behind him. I feel really awkward, today was my first time got mad by Mr. Kang and today, its my first time riding a motorbike and my first time followed a man. Three histories in a day. He took my hand and put around him. I startled. “You don’t wanna fall, would you. Just hold on tightly He started the engine and rode off, then I could in front of us were two securities trying to stop us. I quickly sank my head on Kai’s shoulder, wouldn’t want the securities to notice me. Kai was speeding up and I could here the securities warned us. “YOU TWO!! STOPPED OR YOU WOULD BE IN DEAD TROUBLE!!!”. Finally, we’re outside from the school’s area but my heart still pumped so hard. Where could he bring me? What if something bad happened to me? What if he tries to do something bad to me? ‘I’m so stupid, why did I follow him? I just could have say no just now, unnie, omma, appa, help me!’ I shouted in my heart.