CHAPTER 16: BACK TO SEOUL WITH MISSING SOUL…

Glassy Girl's Love

 

(Before start reading, opened a new tab and go on youtube and search for Christina Perry- A Thousand Years, pause it and play it once you saw this symbol ** before the paragraph; this give a better effect)

 

It was a heavy ride on plane, everyone were really tired even the stuff. There were even no single sounds were made in the plane but only the sound of breathing and snoring. I, myself would not missed the chance to my dreamland.

            As soon we arrived at the airport, I realized that I had gone for long enough. We walked to the exit and it was almost midnight and raining in the outside. We were heading to the vans which prepared for us but suddenly, someone grabbed my wrist, I was surprised enough to see my aunt was there, she came to pick me. She hugged me tightly that I hardly breathe. She was crying without telling me the reason, “Oh Meiji” she cried.

Then she let go me and walked toward Mr. Goh and they went to behind the big silver colored porch, and they were whispering. Kai saw what’s happened and he asked me if there’s something wrong. “I don’t have any idea, maybe she missed me a lot, but she was too serious” I said still watched at their direction, clueless. Few minutes, my aunt quickly returned to me, I saw her wiped her tears out which still rolling on her cheek. She faced me, “Meiji ya…” she said softly, “you’re coming with me…whatever happened, please be strong, alright” she continued. This situation suddenly gave me bad feelings which I don’t want to know. She curled her arm around my shoulder and helped me with my bag. We went to a car which was parked just in front of MARS’s van. While walking, I tried to look back, Mr. Goh was already talking while standing in circle with the other members, then, he caught me watching, he gave me a worried looks so as three of them, their expression were totally different or maybe it just me who thinks differently, right? Maybe they were tired and too sleepy after get back from London.

 

My aunt put on her safe-belt and slowly put both her hands heavily on the steering. I was sitting next to her. I was too curious so I asked, “Aunty, can ask something? Why you did suddenly picked me up? Mr. Goh could have sent me back to the hostel. Waaeyo? Miss me already?” I said with my smile face tried to enlighten the mood. She looked me in the eyes, “Oh Meiji, I just hope that I could see you smile and cheerful after this no matter what happened, I really wouldn’t this side of you…will be gone after this” she said, holding my hands with her cold hands. Her expression now were still the same, there’s no changes. “Aunty, of course, I’ll be smiling and cheerful as you wish, by the way, there’s nothing that could let me down. Why are you so worried…you know, it feels really weird to see this side of you. Let just live happily, alright?” I persisted and gave her a sincere smile. “I really hope so…if” she stopped and started to drive.

 

 

 

No one’s prov.

The highway itself looked so lonely as if the town was hunted. Where could everyone been gone? Is she in a right place, in Seoul? Thought Meiji, she looks too innocent to know what had really happened, the reality that would face her later. She looks through her window, her finger was scribling something on the midst on the window. Her aunt saw her but still, she felt guilty towards her. Her eyes once again full with tears. She didn’t have the courage to tell her niece the truth.

I wish I could tell her, I just wish I could tell her…ohh Meiji, if I only I still can see you smile after what had happened…, her aunt continued to focus back on the road. The car turned to a junction which is much far ahead from her school. Meiji realized, “I think we went on the wrong way, aunty. My school is in the another junction” she said pointed back. “Yes, Meiji. School is the another way but I wanted to bring you somewhere else, which I must show you” her insisted to tell her. Meiji was now too tired to ask furthermore, so, she leaned lazily and started to doze off.

 

 

Kai and his friends included Mr. Goh were worried sick about Meiji, although their way back to the hostel were still far, they couldn’t sleep thinking about it. Kai’s head was leaning against the cold window, both of his hands were holding tightly together.

            If only I could be there for you Meiji…I wish I could give you my comfort to you, it was the only sentence on his mind. The situation in the van seems to sad that they could only hear the sound of the water splashing as car passed by. “Do you think her aunt will tell her by now?” Dongwoon said softly, while turning to Mr. Goh who was sitting next to him. Mr. Goh sighted, he patted Dongwoon’s shoulder, “I just hope she’ll be strong after this, after all bad things happened to her, she must be strong, I just hope so…” Mr. Goh couldn’t end his word.

 

(**)

After more than an hour drive, finally they reached their destination. The high street lamps were too dimmer, that Meiji started to recognize the place. “Isn’t this is my home, Busan? Aunty…why are we here?” her eyes started to go wild. Her aunt silent for a while, “Meiji…Han Meiji…there is something I wanted to tell you earlier but…I didn’t have the courage to tell you, it’s…it’s about your mother…” her aunt started to cry out loud. Suddenly, without Meiji knows, there were tears covered her two innocent big eyes. She stuttered, she really wanted to know, but she doesn’t want to hear any. She unlocked her safe-belt and quickly opened the door, she was running in the rain towards her house where she used to live when she was young. Her aunt called her name many times but she doesn’t bother.

            Her mother’s friends were all there even his father. She saw her father was crying unstoppably so as others. They were all dressed in black. There, she was standing before the door, her right foot stepped in while her left foot was out. She was starring with disbelief. She really hoped that this is a dream, she really hope so. Her hair were wet so as her glasses. Her aunt came with an umbrella and was standing behind her, she holds Meiji shoulder, “Meiji ya, why don’t you go in…its raining…” her aunt murmured. Slowly, both of her foots entered the gloomy house, her father went straight to her and were holding her wet hands. “Meiji ya, my dear Meiji ya…your mother…your mum, she…” his father started to sob. Meiji angrily let go his father’s hands, “Yah! Stop playing jokes! Is this something you guys wanna play, huh??! About my mother! What happened to her? Tell me!” she said angrily while tears rolling down her cheek. She ran to her mother’s room, she went closer, she saw a beautiful white coffin await in front of her. Slowly, she looked inside, “Omma? Omma?!! Yah!! Omma yah!! Why are you here? Omma….” She kneeled down her knees, she cried so loudly. “Omma…where’s your promises? Your promise…you said that you’ll cook for me something delicious once I graduated from school…but…but how will you granted it if you were lying there…where’s your promises omma…omma!!” she started to scream out. Her father and her aunt entered and helped her up. But Meiji was too strong enough that she quickly let go off them, she holds her mum’s hand, her warm lip touched her cold mother’s hand. Her mum was lying in the coffin lifeless but there were a peace looks on her mother’s face. Meiji was still there, accompanied by her only father and her aunt.

 

The sun was hiding behind the clouds, shadows were forming, around the cemetery, where beautiful green grass covered the Earth and flowers were planted lovely in rows. Han Meiji was standing between her father and her aunt. Between her hands, there were lovely white roses. Around them, were his father and mother closest friends. Meiji was gazing towards the empty air, hoping miracles would come. Her father was pouring flower over her beloved wife grave. He was still sobbing like a small kid. Meiji eyes were dried out, she couldn’t accept the reality.

            Behind the crowd, Kai was watching sadly over them. No one noticed him. After several minutes, the crowd went back to their owned home, they gave such helped already. Some of the ahjumma even told Meiji to be strong and just continued on her life. “I’ll waiting in the car” her aunt said while gave a quick soft touch on her shoulder. Meiji’s father couldn’t say any words to her daughter, but just look at her only daughter sincerely then, he walked off.

            Meiji dropped herself down while kneeled down, she took off her green white shawl which was around her neck. “Omma ya” she murmured slowly, she was smiling, yet there were tears dropping from her eyes to her lap. “I even bought you this shawl, remember? I promised when I come back, I’ll buy you something nice for you to wear so you could show off it to your friends and…and you would say this to them, ‘Look what my lovely daughter got for me, isn’t its lovely? She bought it from London, yes its from the western country’…but now…it seems that you couldn’t even see what I bought for you…” she started to sob.

 

Kai who was watching from far, behind a shabby tree, he approached her slowly. He brought a bouquet of purple morning glory flower. He went close to Meiji’s mum grave and slowly keep them. He went to Meiji and helped her get up. He hugged her tightly, Meiji was too weak that she let out her tears on his chest. “I’m sorry Meiji” he said softly. “If only I was here earlier…if only….i could….”, said Meiji.

 

After two days passed, slowly Meiji’s heart was cured. At school, the news about Meiji’s mum spread quickly. Even Kim Haerim and Yang Jaeni doesn’t dare to make fun of her again, they even said sorry towards her and her family. Meiji’s accepted their sincerity and makes good friends with them.

 

It’s a week left before the boys will leave the school to go back to their own school and next tomorrow, will be their upcoming exams. The library was suddenly packed with students, busying doing their own revision.

 

 

Meiji(You) Prov.

I was alone sitting at the corner of the book shelves near the long window, I look outside the window and below, I could see Kiseop and Dongwoon were sitting on a bench beside the school’s fountain. There were girls were trying to take the opportunity to have a chat with them. I wonder where he is? I sight. I just couldn’t concentrate on my Biology revision. I was too tired. Damn it! I couldn’t help to force my eyes stay awake. But what can I do? I just let myself to take a short nap.

 

I felt someone was tapping my shoulder told me to wake up. I slowly opened my eyes, “Unnie? Ahhh….” I yawned. “How long did I sleep?” I said and gave her a short smile. Lizzy unnie was smiling with her hands on her waist, “Yah! Meiji, I thought you were busying doing your revision, ahh…. but it seems like you’re in your dreamland all these while. Paelli, the library was about to close, why don’t you go back to the hostel and get a sleep, huh?” she said.

“But can’t I just stay in this library for this night only please…I need to pay my debt for sleeping. I haven’t revised my Bio yet…”

 

“Anndae! It will be too dangerous for you to stay in this library alone. Yah! Don’t you scared of ghost…in the movies, school’s library always be hunted place especially at night…anndae!” she exclaimed. “Wah unnie ya! You really believe that nonsense, movie is just a movie. Uhhh, come unnie, please, just a night” I begged her. She was pissed but then, “Urgghh, I just couldn’t believe I do this, alright then! But! I’ll stay here with you. Moreover, they were some books had just arrived this morning and I need to key them into the computer” she explained.

 

It was 10.05 pm already, I turned to the counter. Unnie was sleeping with her head on the books. She must be tired. I was continuing doing my notes, then I heard heavy footsteps outside. The library walls were glass; it was dark outside and the only light that I could see was the EXIT light. A dark figure was coming towards the door. My heart started to pumped faster and faster. Who could it be?!

 

 

****** I'm sorry about the shock update...but please keep continue on reading, thnks 4 the support, enjoy!***************