Chapter 12: Am I dreaming or is this real?

Glassy Girl's Love

 

Meiji(Prov)

“Sweety, did you have enough sleep?” Mum asked while peeling me an apple. I nodded. “Here eat this, I heard about the incident, I’ve told you before didn’t I, this world is full of crime. You’re still young, you know that, you should be extra careful next time. What if there’s no one is going to save you, you’ll be the victim” I saw mum’s face, she’s holding my hand tightly. “Sweety, just bear in mind, no matter what happen be strong, okay” suddenly  I couldn’t see her face, it started to disappear slowly…omma…omma!!

 

“Jiji, Jiji…are you alright?” someone called. I opened my eyes slowly, a woman figure was seating on the bed next to me. “Mrs. Kim?” I tried to seat up slowly. “No…no…just lay down, dear. You’re still hurt…here let me help you” she helped adjust my bed. “I heard you called out your mum out loud…” then she sighted. I just looked down, my mind started to remember back what had had happened. That man! That dirty beastly man!!

My tears started to roll down my cheek. Mrs. Kim suddenly wiped the tears out my cheek. “Be strong my dear…be strong…” she hugged me. “Mrs. Kim, thanks for everything…” I said while in her arms, still crying. “Its alright…” Later, Mrs. Kim told me everything what had happened, that Kai had told her everything. But still the bad news was, two men escaped and nowhere to be found, that broke my heart. Suddenly, I heard the door slide opened, I looked up so as Mrs. Kim. “Hai mum…Meiji” Kai greeted awkwardly. “Ohh, finally you’re here. Did you buy what mum had told you?” Mrs. Kim asked him. “Uh…yes…here are the fruits” he showed them. “Okay, thank you by the way. OMO! I forgot about the peeler and drinks in the car” Mrs. Kim got up and turned at me. “Jiji, I’m sorry to leave you, I need to get them in my car, wait here okay?” she said. I smiled and nodded. “Mum, let me take them for you” Kai offered. “Oh no, you better stay, it will be hard for you to find it later. Just wait here, take care Jiji” then she leaved us alone.

 

Kai came closer and sat by the chair beside my bed. “Are you okay?” he asked. “I’m…fine” then silent again. “Thank you” I said suddenly. “Thank you for saving me. I heard what had happened. Your mum told me. I’m sorry for troubled you so much and…” out of the blue, Kai hugged me tight. I was really surprised and my eyes were wide open. “I’m glad that you okay.  I’m really sorry. I’m really sorry” he said softly in my ear. Then, I do not know why but I sudden felt touched, my arms curled around him softly. “Its alright…” I said. Then, we heard noise out of the room, he let go me slowly. The door opened,  Mrs. Kim, Dongwoon, Kiseop and even Mr. Goh were in the room. “Meiji! You’re finally awake” Mr. Goh called. “So…how are…” he couldn’t finished his sentence cause I bumped in, “I’m fine, Mr. Goh. Thanks for your concern”. Later, Mrs. Kim entered, “Oh you guys here too…Jiji, I’ve got you a herbal drink, I bought it especially for you”. She poured it for me and tried to feed me. Urghh, it smells really bad, I forced myself to take a sip, yucks! What they actually put in it?!

 

That evening, I’ve finally leave the hospital. Mrs. Kim offered me to stay in her house while we in London but I didn’t want to trouble her more, it makes me feel uncomfortable. Mr. Goh was helping me that whole day. I haven’t seen the 3 guys that day. “Meiji, look. Everything that happened before, just totally forget about it, okay. Just keep it as a secret, we didn’t want the press to know about these or else, MARS reputation would be over. I really hope you understand” Mr. Goh explained while he was driving. “Yes, don’t worry. I totally understand that Mr. Goh” I replied. Now, it seems like this whole thing happened were caused by me, FINE! I’ll take the blame. Later, Mr. Goh dropped me in the hotel then he went off again. I was all alone and I entered my room, I was surprised to see a small gift bag on my bed. I opened it, it’s a new glasses. I tried to wear it, its have the same degree as my old one. Then, I saw a small card in the bag, ‘Wear it well!’, it said. Finally, I got a clear vision again. Without wasting my time, I prepared everything for tonight lessons; I took out my notes, and everything that I need to teach these guys. I came here because I have a mission to do and there is no time for honeymoon mood!

 

“So, what is the real answer for this question?” Kiseop asked after he done his calculation. “The real answer is 5.08, did you get it right?” I replied him. “Yeah, I got it right! 5.08!!” Dongwoon shouted out. “My answer is 5.07866, how did you guys get it?” he asked again. I tried to answer him but Kai interrupted. “Don’t you read the last question, it said round off to two decimals?” “Ohh…I get it now. So, next question!” Kiseop jokes. Math lesson finally ended and now for the literature. I explained the whole theories about Korean Literature about an hour and half till they get it to memorize them right. I looked at my watch, its 12.45 am. It ends well. “Finally, study time is over. Come on guys, let’s go!” Dongwoon stood up and stretched out. Later Mr. Goh entered, “Okay guys, I’ve prepared a van for you guys infront the lobby, get ready. Practice...practice!” he said. “Where you guys headed to?” I asked them curiously. “We got practice to make before the concert started…we’ll be here again in the morning” Kai answered me while put his jacket and cap on.  “Ummm…can I come too. I really wanted to see you guys practice?” I suddenly asked them a favor. “Hmmm…are you sure? You’ll get tired” Mr. Goh said to confirm. “Of course no, I really love to come. By the way, I like dancing too” I replied excitedly. “Alright…just hurried up”.

I sat on a plastic chair in the corner and watched them carefully. Their dancing moves were really fantastic.

 

 

Kai’s PROV.

We danced almost more than 3 hours already, I looked at my watch, 3.50am. “(Phew…) Arghh cheincha…I’m really tired!” Dongwoon exclaimed and lay down on the floor. “Yah! Catch!” I passed him a bottle of coke. “Kai…where’s Meiji. I didn’t see her. Did she go back?” Kiseop asked me while wiped his sweat on his neck. I turned to see at where she just sat, she’s gone. Then, I hurriedly grab my jacket and cap to look out for her. “Where’re you heading to?” Kiseop asked again. “Where else, looking for her” as soon as I wanted to hold the door knob, the door opened, its her! “Ohh, Kai! Where are you going? I just went out with Mr. Goh to buy you guys some food and drinks. Come on! Let’s eat!” she grab my right arm and pulled me into the middle of the dance studio.

 

“Wow! Pizza!! Great, I love it!” Kiseop quickly opened the pizza’s box. Suddenly, Meiji stopped him and holds his hand. “What?!” he looked blurred. “Did you get your hands clean before you eat?” she starred him in the eyes. Then she handed him the wet tissues.  “Here, use this. You know…my mum said, a small mistake can bring a huge problem. So, always wash your hand before you eat” now she sounded just like miss ahjummma. “Ye, ahjumma…piann…starting from now on, we will always wash our hands before eat” Kiseop joke.

 

(After 15 minutes break) Mr. Goh came in and brought along some backup dancers. Our latest song, its remixed; Stop Girl, History and Midnight. I saw Jiji helped cleaning the foods on the floor and I saw her headed out.  Her arms were full of plastics of garbage.

 

Meiji(Your) PROV.

I collected all the garbage and carried out downstairs to throw them out. I went down the stairs, their dance studio was at the third floor, since my arms were full of the garbage, I couldn’t see my way down clearly. Slowly…slowly…I took my steps carefully but…it’s too late!

 

Suddenly…I lost my balance because I think I step on my shoelace. To my surprise, someone hold my waist tightly from behind. Thanks god I didn’t fall but the rubbish had smashed a homeless man who was passing by. “Hey! Are you mad!!” the man said in English madly. I quickly let go the hands who were still holding my waist and without taking a look at the ‘hero’ who saved me from tripping. I ran down the stairs and help the man. “Piannata…I mean…sorry, I’m really sorry…sorry!” I apologized while helping him cleaning his jacket from the dirt. “Arghh! Never mind…if you are sorry, give me 10 bucks, no…no…15 bucks. Hurried up!” he said. I didn’t understand what he said but I do understand the signals he showed, he was asking for money but my purse was left up stairs. “Ahjusshi…eh…I mean sir. I…have…no…money, no money…money…up, up!” its really hard for me to have conversation in English. I think I have to work out on my English harder. The man then started to get mad at me, he observed me from head to toe, he noticed my watch, and he tried to snatch it from me. “Then…give your watch to me, come on, take it off!!”

“No…please, sir!! No! My money is upstairs! No!” I tried to defense myself then suddenly Kai came and he let go the man’s hand from my wrist. “Hey! Who are you!” the man asked, still mad. Kai took out his purse and hand him the money. The man was smiling really brightly and ran off. Kai hurried took the attention to me, “Are you okay?” he asked softly. “Yes, thank you” I replied. “You should be careful next time, you know”. I looked at him and smiled, “Come on, let me buy you a drink as to show my appreciation to you” I offered him and automatically I hold his right hand. We went to the 24hours store. Soon, we reached, I realized that I was holding his hand and quickly let go. I went to the coffe machine. “Here, take this” I gave him a cup of hot coffee. He then looked at me blurredly. “Waeyo? Is something wrong?” I asked him. “I thought I heard you left your purse in the dance studio”. “Ohh, I was just too scared that I forgot that I kept some moneys in my back pocket. I just realized it after the man ran off, come on, let’s go or else your friends will thought you went missing again” I said. We walk by the street. I don’t know, but today, I felt really happy, although I don’t know the reason why. “It seems that today, you loves holding my hand, waeyo? Did my hand feel really warm for you” he suddenly speak out. Omo! Did I really hold his hand? Arghhh…this is really embarrassing. I let go his hand and walk faster than him.

 

“Hey, Jiji! Wait up!” he tried to catch up. Slowly, his warm hand was holding my hand. “Yah!” I cried.

“Don’t mind me. I didn’t hold your hand because I like it, my hands were really cold since I forgot to bring my gloves. My left hand was warmer since I hold my warm coffee but my right hand was cooler so I wanted make it warmer, nothing’s wrong right?” he explained and the have a sip of his coffee. “Uh…ye” I answered softly. My heart beat started to beat faster, then I tried to feel my cheek, oh no…its really warm. I wonder, is this the feeling what Lizzy unnie told me before? No, no, this can’t be, no way!

 

Finally we reached the studio, “I think my hands are really warm now, thank you. Maybe next time, you can make my hands warmer whenever I feel cook, huh?” he said then went up the stairs leaving me behind. Why should I be the heater for him, he can always bring gloves along. urghh, cheincha!

I went up to see them rehearsal, I saw Mr. Goh who was sitting beside me sleeping comfortably with his mouth open. He was snoring to loud. I was too busy observing their dance step with the girl dancers. Wow! The girls dancer were really amazing; the couples dance were really more attractive. I saw Kiseop was really serious, he get too focused that caused his dance was really perfect. Then, as the music end, I was so shocked!! The last choreograph was back hugging; the men get to hug the girls from behind. Ohh, the girls sure are really brave. We went back to the hotel at 5 am that day. they sure are really tired.